Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Highway Trouble
Since my previous game I posted was a huge dissapointment. Here's something original I completed last year to share to you folks.

[Image: hwytrouble.png]

About:
-- Highway Trouble (or HWYT) is a mario fangame that was first released on December 25, 2009. This game was inspired by a Xbox 360 game called Alien Honimid. Since Alien Honimid is fun and crazy, Highway Trouble is made after the second level of Alien Honimid.

Story:
-- An army of Clones that created by Bowser tries to take over the world by invading all the highway system of Mushroom World. And they kidnapped Pricesses Peach as usual. Mario is the only one who can stop them. You play as Mario and attempt to shoot all the enemies using your plasma gun to ruin Bowser's plan.

Screenshots:
[Image: 4260035.jpg] [Image: 9217624.png] [Image: _2991804.jpg]

[Image: 2275605.jpg] [Image: _628131.jpg] [Image: _186909.jpg]

[Image: _6211075.jpg][Image: 6448375.jpg] [Image: 8989365.jpg]

[Image: 5220069.jpg]

System Requirements:
  • Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
  • DirectX 8 or later
  • 32MB of video memory or above (64MB or more recommended)
  • Intel or AMD processor (1.7 GHz single core or above recommended but not Celeron)
  • DirectX 8 compatible sound card
  • 128MB of memory or greater (512MB or above recommended)
  • 800×600 or greater screen resolution with 16-bit or 32-bit colors

DOWNLOAD NOW!!! (v0.8 zipped, 17.8MB)

For more go to the website:
Main Page
Controls
Levels
Screenshots
Thanked by:
(11-12-2012, 11:41 AM)supernova Wrote: And this is going to be my last Mario fangame.

mhm.

I'm not going to play it now due to me being at work, but I for one think that a if fangame strays too much away from the base character (that is, making a mario game with guns, blood and other mismatched shenanigans), it should be an original game. I mean, you game can be great and all, but slapping Mario in a game that doesn't feel like Mario with no reason at all is really... sad, for a lack of a better word.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
(11-12-2012, 12:05 PM)Mighty Switch Gors Wrote:
(11-12-2012, 11:41 AM)supernova Wrote: And this is going to be my last Mario fangame.

mhm.

(11-12-2012, 11:59 AM)supernova Wrote: Here's something original I completed last year to share to you folks.

*cough*

About the game, looks interesting. I agree with Gors on the point that a Mario fangame with guns and blood isn't really that attractive (since the series is known and loved for its light-heartedness), but otherwise it's a fairly cool concept. As I said in the other thread, Mario in the city/highway looks like it could be a very interesting and fun experience, just as long as it's executed correctly.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Garamonde, Gors
tried the game

its basically an extended cut from the highway level in your previous post. it basically has NOTHING to do with mario, and the level desing is non existant.
Thanked by:
Yet, that was years ago where I got no idea what the indie character should be, so I just simply stick to Mario. But now I realized how dumb I was back then using Mario elements for characters. And for the level design, yet there's no level design in the whole game. Enemies just spawn at certain point and progress of the game.
Thanked by:
do you realise how awfully boring and unchallening your game is? because there is literally no point on playing it right now since you can respawn endlessly without any kind of penalty, the enemies's AI is nonexistant, and the "boss battles" are simply you holding the up arrow while shooting until you fall off those collision flawled cars and respawn, until the boss dies.
Thanked by:
You should really take to what the guys here have to say to heart, bro.

Try something original. I used to make fan games too, and yeah it was pretty fun. But it's always funner to make your own. Even if the graphics aren't good, at least you can say its 100% your own!
I've got a fancy little website, if you'd like to click here and check it out.
Thanked by:
(11-12-2012, 09:05 PM)Cobalt Blue Wrote: do you realise how awfully boring and unchallening your game is? because there is literally no point on playing it right now since you can respawn endlessly without any kind of penalty, the enemies's AI is nonexistant, and the "boss battles" are simply you holding the up arrow while shooting until you fall off those collision flawled cars and respawn, until the boss dies.
It's boring and yet since there's no level design. This game flaws pretty bad. But yet, this is something I did last year.
Thanked by:
If you think it's bad, yet don't want to do anything about it, why bother posting it?

I hope you don't mind, but I don't see this topic going anywhere so I'll close it before anything can escalate, I've seen a few topics go *boom* from a similar state.
Thanked by: Garamonde