Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SPIN Sprite Sheet Maker
Hey there! I made this app because I needed to compile simple animations quickly and easily for my game. This app is very simple, so don't expect anything marvellous from it. All it does is compile a bunch of separate images into one, and it starts a new line each time you reach the user-defined maximum number of columns. It's not difficult to use, you just select the files you want, click open, select the number of columns you want (with an estimate given as default) and then click "Make Sheet". You can then save it as a .png, .jpg or .bmp file.

Accepted filetypes are .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .jpe, .bmp (Sorry, no gif. Unsupported due to animations).

The app was written in C# with the XNA framework. I built it for myself, but I thought I might as well share it.

You can download the old app here (v.1.4.0.6)

The newer version can be found here (v.2.0.0.1)

To install it, just unzip it and run the setup.exe.

That's pretty much it. I might add more stuff later on, but for now that's all you get.
Nice program. I think it'll help organize spritesheets nicely

Although, small question: Can you change the background color or will it be completely black?
Thanked by:
I think it's neat, I like such tiny tools.
However, of course, I already have my own similar app, haha.

Personally, I prefer it when you can select a folder. I never use the Win standard folders in the user directory (I didn't even keep any shortcuts) and I think it'd be more convenient if you could choose one where you like (for example, directly in the project directory where you want to have them). Well, your call.
Thanked by:
(08-20-2012, 11:52 PM)UnHolyDarkth Wrote: Nice program. I think it'll help organize spritesheets nicely

Although, small question: Can you change the background color or will it be completely black?

The background colour will be transparent. The black is just there as a preview.

(08-21-2012, 02:45 AM)Previous Wrote: I think it's neat, I like such tiny tools.
However, of course, I already have my own similar app, haha.

Personally, I prefer it when you can select a folder. I never use the Win standard folders in the user directory (I didn't even keep any shortcuts) and I think it'd be more convenient if you could choose one where you like (for example, directly in the project directory where you want to have them). Well, your call.

That's easily arranged. I'll probably do that when I update it again. I'll also try and add the ability to copy and paste into the file path. Thanks for the suggestion.
Thanked by: Previous
Here are a few screenshots of the next updates new features! (Not actually released yet)

I have a few more things I want to add before I release the update, namely the ability to add "new line" frames in the previewer, which will be used to separate animations and expand the uses of the program.

EDIT: Okay, new features!

ALSO UPDATE RELEASED.

EDIT: New revision. You now have the ability to duplicate frames, and I've fixed a few bugs with the system, so deleting and adding frames now works correctly.

EDIT: Another update because the maximum number of columns didn't update when you changed the number of frames, so it made things awkward in that way.
The link is back up now. Sorry for the inconvenience, I found a load of bugs one after the other and had to fix them. If you find any more, be sure to let me know.
Heh, I know that just too well! You think you're done, wrap it up and then notice a bug. And another one. Aaand the next.
Thanked by:
Yep. Fixing one bug just causes 3 more to pop up.
Thanked by:
Another small update. Found that copy and paste ability was broken, and that attempting to open files purely by typing them into the path didn't work unless something was selected. Both fixed now, I hope.
Thanked by:
Got another major update. I'm having a surprising about of fun making this better.

That's all for now. I haven't updated the download link yet, but look out for v1.2.

EDIT: Link updated! I also fixed a couple of bugs along with this update, so it should all run fairly smoothly. Let me know if anything breaks.

EDIT AGAIN: Found a bug that stopped you being able to type. Fixed now.

AND AGAIN: Found a bug with the scroll bars, and also added the ability to scroll them while dragging a frame by moving the mouse to one side or the other.
Thanked by: Previous, adriano gt
(08-23-2012, 02:05 PM)Hoeloe Wrote: I'm having a surprising about of fun making this better.

I know right? It's amazing how fun updating a program is. Guess it's just the satisfaction of improving your work Wink
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Hoeloe
(08-24-2012, 03:56 PM)puggsoy Wrote: Guess it's just the satisfaction of improving your work Wink

Well, that and the fact that I'm building a lot of standard objects (Buttons, text boxes, file browsers, etc.) from scratch, and it's quite a challenge to get them all working correctly.
Thanked by: puggsoy
Thought I was done with this? So did I. Until my girlfriend gave me an idea for a feature.

So here's the obligatory screenshot post for v1.3

Thanked by:
Yet another update (download coming shortly).

Hoeloe, have you heard of http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/montage/ ?
Thanked by: