Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[FANGAME][UNPAID TEAM][SCRAPPED] - Megaman:The Great Catastrophe
Note:I am NOT the head of this project, I'm just a mere pawn in it.

[Image: bannerok2nk6.gif]

This is a game being produced for the NCFC (Nintendo Community Fangame Convention). The team consists of Plasmaman, King Reaper, Tuna Unleashed, Netsaver(Passion here) and I.

Gameplay
It is going to play as a fighting game, like a simpler and more "Megaman-ized" Smash Bros. It will have both a story mode and a free battle mode.

Graphics
The graphics will be in a custom 8-bit style. Like this (Made By Tuna Unleashed) [Image: mmstandso2.gif]

Characters
It will contain at least one RM from each game, plus the main characters and a few others. This will include Mega, Proto, Duo, Bass, Wily, Quint?, Roll, and King. The characters will be divided into subgroups (Lightbots, RMs, etc...) which will apply unique attributes to them (ex: ???bots can regenerate health).
Some characters will also be able to switch fighting styles.

Story
[Alpha] Intro
It is the year 20XX...
Wily has long since vanished from Megaman's last battle with his robot army, and the world is temporarily peaceful.
However, all is not well as the people of the world becomes increasingly anxious in constant thread of Wily's next attack.
In fact, anger is running high as there are increasing reports of rioting and crime. Even Dr. Light is feeling the mysterious effects. After weeks of tension, Wily once again emerges with ranks of rebuilt robot masters, attacking cities haphazardly.
"I am done playing, Megaman!", he announces via hijacked television. "I will destroy you, and the entire world if necessary!"
Once again, Megaman rises to confront the doctor, joined by his brother Protoman. But Wily has never been so destructive before... Could he be suffering from heightened anger like the rest of humanity? What could possibly bring out such destructive feelings?

We are currently in need of music developers and in dire need of programmers. If you have any ideas, suggestions, or you want to join the team, post here.

For More info, check the forums here
Thanked by:
This is pretty cool!

I saw Tuna Unleashed on the WayofthePixel forums a few days ago...
Thanked by:
Hwo about putting some screenshots ?
That would shine some light in my way.
[Image: ahruon11.jpg]
[Image: Clan2.png]
Thanked by:
Doesn't look like you'll make it on time.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
i came up with something like this a long time ago but i never bothered to revamp sprites or anything lol
Thanked by:
Yeah, we'll be working on the game for next years NCFC.
Thanked by:
Oh, um, hi everybody. I guess I'm leading this so I figured it would be appropriate to post here. So just to shed some light, this isn't just one of those projects made by a bunch of spriters who say either "We'll figure out how to program and make music" or "We'll find someone else", we actually have a programmer. So this is in fact going somewhere. We're still screwed in the music department though.
Thanked by:
Actually, I read some threads and it seemed like your "programmer" was MIA.
Oh, well, I'm not a megaman fan anyway.

Good luck.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
Nah, he pops in every now and again.
Thanked by:
(10-08-2008, 07:07 PM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote: Oh, um, hi everybody. I guess I'm leading this so I figured it would be appropriate to post here. So just to shed some light, this isn't just one of those projects made by a bunch of spriters who say either "We'll figure out how to program and make music" or "We'll find someone else", we actually have a programmer. So this is in fact going somewhere. We're still screwed in the music department though.
hello i am a musician/spriter, how are you doing
Thanked by:
I like the idea.
Good luck with it.
[Image: prinsig.png]
Thanked by:
(10-09-2008, 10:23 AM)xTYVONx Wrote:
(10-08-2008, 07:07 PM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote: Oh, um, hi everybody. I guess I'm leading this so I figured it would be appropriate to post here. So just to shed some light, this isn't just one of those projects made by a bunch of spriters who say either "We'll figure out how to program and make music" or "We'll find someone else", we actually have a programmer. So this is in fact going somewhere. We're still screwed in the music department though.
hello i am a musician/spriter, how are you doing
Does that mean you're offering to help?
Thanked by:
sure, if you guys need me to.
Thanked by:
Yeah we probably need more spriters, we really need more dedicated spriters and we definitely need more musicians.
So, yeah. Thanks.
Thanked by:
quick question though; is there going to be any characters from the X universe at all, even as bonus characters?
Thanked by: