Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
New Super Mario e Luigi Star Bros
Thumbs Down 
Hello this is my first sprite and sent haci not angry or upset if I wrong, I'll be as fast mandeando posble my new sprites.

Serac greetings:

[Image: nsmlsbmario.png]
Thanked by:
Fixed the link for you.

Not much to say here but the obligatory "It's an edit..." and not even an elaborate one. It's still the same mario but with a few extra poses.

Most visible on the "mega run" sprites is that you didn't match the original style, especially not the shading. All you have these is a misformed, jaggy blob of color with no regards to the light source and body volume. Furthermore, he has different sizes everyhere, the single animations wouldn't work together.

For your sliding sprites, one would never add the dust clouds to the sprite, but they would be seperate.

Other than that, if you want to improve your skills, you'd better do something custom from scratch. There's more to learn that way (by taking single small steps, too) and people will be more happy to help you with comments and criticism.
(07-20-2012, 04:39 PM)Previous Wrote: Fixed the link for you.

Not much to say here but the obligatory "It's an edit..." and not even an elaborate one. It's still the same mario but with a few extra poses.

Most visible on the "mega run" sprites is that you didn't match the original style, especially not the shading. All you have these is a misformed, jaggy blob of color with no regards to the light source and body volume. Furthermore, he has different sizes everyhere, the single animations wouldn't work together.

For your sliding sprites, one would never add the dust clouds to the sprite, but they would be seperate.

Other than that, if you want to improve your skills, you'd better do something custom from scratch. There's more to learn that way (by taking single small steps, too) and people will be more happy to help you with comments and criticism.

thanks for the comment but the truth is the basis for others who uses mario sprites.
Thanked by: Ton
(07-20-2012, 04:56 PM)Serac Wrote:
(07-20-2012, 04:39 PM)Previous Wrote: Fixed the link for you.

thanks for the comment but the truth is the basis for others who uses mario sprites.
Wait what?
Thanked by: Kami, Kitsu, Zadaben, Garamonde
I'm lost on that response...
[Image: FK4rxzT.gif][Image: rZSrTAQ.gif][Image: QUmE6.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif][Image: 3CczX.gif][Image: qjGOacY.png][Image: smC8iWb.gif][Image: FK4rxzT.gif]
[Image: shrine.gif]
Anti-Vipershark Operation Pantsu Weapon - By Kistu-nii~ Cute

Thanked by:
Shit's deep, yo.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
an ide for my new sprite.

What do you think?
[Image: scaled.php?server=6&filename=dibujojdb.png&res=landing]
Thanked by:
(07-20-2012, 04:56 PM)Serac Wrote: thanks for the comment but the truth is the basis for others who uses mario sprites.
wut
No it's not,I'd agree more with you if you were talking about Sonic (ironically/sadly),and I'm not even into Mario but I usually see some p.unique sprites when it comes to his series.
This look more like the generic edits people make to the GBA Sonic sprites (fuck),which I usually hate.
A lot.

I think the point here was to make the NSMB poses into the M&L style,but not only it's not working,but most of the sprites here are actually the originals,and the actually edited ones are pretty eh.
It's either taking the crit here or going back to DA,yo.
Thanked by: Garamonde
No need to jump on him for the grammar, guys, he's very clearly using a translator :F
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:
things I missed:[Image: masio.png]
Thanked by:
There's no point in wasting your time adding to these edits. Try something custom, then maybe you can make something better than edits.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Serac
first helicopter mario sprites:[Image: masu.png]
New Super Mario Bros.U for Wii U Smile
Thanked by:
Umm....Serac? you're not exactly listening are you? There really isn't no point to continue making theses...Those edits are good, but they aren't what The Spriters Resource is looking for... Edits are easy to make but they are considered lazy here. Instead, even if it takes time, you should make a custom sprite yourself. trust me, it'll make you look better and get better C+C. Plus Tonberry and Mighty Jetters are responsible for submitting them to the site, and they don't think that you made enough efforts. (just edit my post if i'm wrong) But I think you have talent. You should make a custom Mario
Love : Previous(2)(3), Trollerskates(2), Nicktendo DS(2), Hiynastrike, ShadeDBZ(2), Recolorme, Sevenstitch, SupaBuddie,

Thanked by:
I think it's obvious he doesn't know what we're saying because he's using google translator.
So someone who can speak spanish talk with him (I'm too lazy to do it myself even though I know spanish)
Thanked by:
The question is if he is Spanish.

I mean yeah it's almost obvious he's a foreigner but we can't just jump to the conclusion that he is one thing. For all we know he could be German or French. I'm personally vouching to post google translate on here so he can at least get the idea of what we're trying to say. Although that seems a bit fool proof.

Edit: ACTUALLY, I was going to PM him about using it to translate our posts, but when I looked at his profile I saw his birth date and noticed that he is underage.

No point in continuing the topic in that case.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: