Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Great program called DX Ripper
Great news everyone! I found a new program called DX Ripper (not to be confused with 3D ripper DX). I used it on DBZ Sagas and Tales of Symphonia and both times I got the character in T-pose! Big Grin

Note 1: Milkshape is needed to open the ripped files.
Note 2: I've only tested this with the Dolphin Emulator.
Note 3: All models will be moved to the center, so things can get messy if there is a lots of stuff in the room.

Things you will need:
DX Ripper
Milkshape
sagethumbs (tool to convert DDS to PNG)

You will need to put the plugin that comes with DXRipper into your Milkshape directory where the ms3d.exe is located. For me it's "C:\Program Files (x86)\MilkShape 3D 1.8.4".

Here's a tutorial from the DXRipper site translated to English.

Here's another link with some information on the program.

If anyone has questions, I'll try to answer them. Smile
And the characters didn't have any missing/messed up texture UVs or whatever it is that sometimes happens with printscreen ripping?
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(07-19-2012, 03:57 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: And the characters didn't have any missing/messed up texture UVs or whatever it is that sometimes happens with printscreen ripping?

So far they seem complete, UV's and even textures that the other programs weren't getting. But I've only tried it on two games, so I don't know what the others will be like.
Thanked by: Garamonde
Interesting i might try this program on the n64 emulator as well as a ps1 emulator ^^
What Rips am i doing next not sure?
[Image: giphy.webp]
Thanked by:
It seems to be a clone of 3D Via Printscreen or GameAssassin, judging by how it dumps the models.
Thanked by:
It needs Milkshape to view exports? Bleh.

I'm really interested to see how what this program can do, but I hope someone makes a way for it to be used with something that isn't Milkshape. It isn't very good at exporting models.
Thanked by:
(07-20-2012, 11:35 PM)Peardian Wrote: It needs Milkshape to view exports? Bleh.

I'm really interested to see how what this program can do, but I hope someone makes a way for it to be used with something that isn't Milkshape. It isn't very good at exporting models.

Yeah, I just use it to convert the .rip files to .obj and .lwo. So far I've tested it on a number of Game Cube games and the only ones that had T-posed characters where:

Dragon Ball Z Sagas
Rave Master
Tales of Symphonia

Some other games capture the character in there current pose. While others like Naruto Clash of Ninja seem to be destroyed.
Thanked by:
(07-20-2012, 11:35 PM)Peardian Wrote: It needs Milkshape to view exports? Bleh.

There's a Noesis script that imports the *.RIP files.
I know that prgram is quite old, and when i used it time ago didn't work so fine with a wii game like Last story and Pandora's tower, anyway i will get a try again,
maybe i missed something the first time i used it.
Thanked by:
(07-21-2012, 03:03 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: There's a Noesis script that imports the *.RIP files.

Well it works, but DX Ripper outputs multiple rip files with different parts of the geomitry, so the problem now is how to combine them all?
Thanked by:
RIP isn't one of the best names for an extension.
I'll give it a shot, but it really looks like a clone of 3D Via more then GameAssasin.

And btw, how do I use python scripts because I never seem to get them to work.

EDIT: I can't even figure out how the program works Unsure
Thanked by:
(07-22-2012, 07:22 AM)thegameexplorer Wrote: And btw, how do I use python scripts because I never seem to get them to work.

You need to put the python script in "noesis\plugins\python". Then when you open Noesis, it will work. Smile

(07-22-2012, 07:22 AM)thegameexplorer Wrote: EDIT: I can't even figure out how the program works Unsure

There's a settings script that comes with DXRipper. Inside you can find the button that will rip geometry. For me it's F10.

Added my own tutorial to the first post.
Thanked by:
I've got it to work but it didn't really give me what I wanted because it gave me the same that 3D Ripper DX and 3D Via gave me. I'm having so much trouble ripping from SA2B Unsure
The normals are all fcked up, and I really need the cutscene head or atleast the cutscene mouth.
Thanked by:
(07-23-2012, 12:51 PM)thegameexplorer Wrote: I've got it to work but it didn't really give me what I wanted because it gave me the same that 3D Ripper DX and 3D Via gave me. I'm having so much trouble ripping from SA2B Unsure
The normals are all fcked up, and I really need the cutscene head or atleast the cutscene mouth.

Yeah, unfortunately I was only able to get T-pose from a few games.

This is what I got from SAB2.

It probably will always have the same results as 3DVia. Except for maybe the UV's.
Thanked by:
How did you get it to work with Dolphin? It tells me it's not a DirectX9 program when I have a DX11 GPU, same goes with PCSX2.
Laptop Information
Brand: Lenovo
Model: IdeadPad Y570
CPU: 2nd Gen Intel Core i7 26070QM 2.2GHz to 3.0GHz (Turbo Boost)
RAM: 8192MB DDR3 SDRAM
GPU: nVidia GT555M 1GB GDDR5
Thanked by: