Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Doom Mini Set
So hello.
Long time ago I worked on this doom weapon set, that I however did not completely finish and forgot all about.

Running to it again while re arranging old files, I figured might aswell;

[Image: 2rg2u55.png]

[Image: 2uettfo.png]

Bit small, yes but might have some niche on it.
[Image: 5yb9w.jpg]
Thanked by:
Moving to Spriting & Pixel Art, as these need to be critiqued before you submit them.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(07-12-2012, 12:02 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Moving to Spriting & Pixel Art, as these need to be critiqued before you submit them.

Thise were posted here before back in 2010
Thanked by:
The colors for the guns have quite low contrast. They also look rather messy and have undefined details, you have random pixels everywhere on them, especially on the BFG9000. The effects look like rather random scribbles, too, I'd simplify them.
Thanked by:
(07-12-2012, 01:02 PM)Previous Wrote: The colors for the guns have quite low contrast. They also look rather messy and have undefined details, you have random pixels everywhere on them, especially on the BFG9000. The effects look like rather random scribbles, too, I'd simplify them.

[Image: 6hjdc2.jpg]

You say random I say detail.

Contrast is bit low though

back when I actually worked on thise I followed the details quite close to the reference.

I'm not gona really work on thise anymore though
So I just placed them on the submission incase there was a niche on thise

Guess not
Thanked by:
The problem is that you can't FIT that much detail at such a small resolution. When you make a sprite at that sort of size, you need to sacrifice some detail to keep the sprite readable. Here's an example of a small sprite I added more detail to. Notice how it looks a lot messier than the original:

[Image: 9LvJ3.png]

The messiness isn't to do with any techniques I used or anything of that sort, it's simply that I tried to put too much into too small a space. The original sprite cut back on all these details because they weren't necessary to display the character. They used only the main elements of the design, which allows the sprite to be read much more easily.
(07-12-2012, 04:52 PM)Hege Wrote: You say random I say detail.

you say detail i'd just call it noise. random noise.

plus its an unfinished(lacks the weapons mentioned on the sheet itself), unoptimized sheet. there is absolutely no reason to add this on the site. either finish it, or upload it somewhere else.
I'm not sure about the taser hits and the plasma gun sfx, but the rest fulfills pretty much snes standards.

I say it's a good sheet. If you crop the sprites together, finish the other weapons and animate the chensaw, it should be submittable.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by: