Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
THE BIGGEST GOGNIO: JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE ALL STAR BATTLE
[video=youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOPqmpzlAE8c[/video]

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOPqmpzlAE8c

god damnit fuck
[Image: cKfiI0F.png]
Thinking of you, 
wherever you are.
so is this supposed to be the next street fighter rip-off?

because the graphics remind me of it.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Goemar
That's all I got from it.

I love it when games use a style which has became so well know with another franchise it's dismissed as a rip-off before I know anything about it. It's a great marketing move.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: Gaia
god, i am actually surrounded by dumb people
first part: this art style actually suits jojo's bizarre adventure one of the greatest fighting manga and also one of the best capcom fighting games in the 90's quite well, even moreso than street fighter 4
second part: there's a wonderful, colorful cast of characters to choose from. capcom's 90's JJBA game accomplished with about ten characters what most fighting games are designed in this modern era to have 40 to accomplish

[Image: jotaro-standx.gif]
Thinking of you, 
wherever you are.
Never read it, so not really interested atm, I guess I'll stay tuned though.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
Wow what did I read on these two first posts, holy shit.

I'm INCREDIBLY HYPED for this game, I can't even contain myself. The artstyle is so fucking great, it nails Araki's style perfectly. Also, while arcade Jojo only had characters from part 3 (and Part 2 Joseph), this one will have from 1 to 7, AND NOT ONLY THE PROTAGONISTS EITHER SFDGSDSADF Kinda worried that this is Cyberconnect2's game, but who cares it's Jojo

Maybe this (and an OVA that's also coming, apparently) will finally make me finish part 6 and start reading the series again.
All-Star games seem to be all the rage these days. Maybe the existence of this one will convince Sony to rename theirs to something significantly less lame.
The JRPG Club: Video game reviews for Japanese learners
Thanked by:
(07-05-2012, 08:02 PM)cappazushi Wrote: All-Star games seem to be all the rage these days. Maybe the existence of this one will convince Sony to rename theirs to something significantly less lame.

They were around in video games, but just not as frequent as today's "All-Star" games. I bet that there's gonna be an All-Star game featuring tons of TV cartoon characters and.. Oh. Sad Super Robot Wars All-Stars anyone?

But anyway the game looks gorgeous so far. I love to see how the final build would turn out, and maybe some DLC of extra characters from the manga that didin't make it in! This All-Star title would better be worth the wait.
Thanked by:
(07-05-2012, 06:38 AM)MRSKELETON Wrote: god, i am actually surrounded by dumb people
first part: this art style actually suits jojo's bizarre adventure one of the greatest fighting manga and also one of the best capcom fighting games in the 90's quite well, even moreso than street fighter 4
second part: there's a wonderful, colorful cast of characters to choose from. capcom's 90's JJBA game accomplished with about ten characters what most fighting games are designed in this modern era to have 40 to accomplish

If I knew that I probably wouldn't have said it.

Still, I kind of wished that they at least put in some effort to make the art look slightly different. Not entirely, but still enough to give it it's own touch.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(07-05-2012, 09:54 PM)Sexy Bastard Wrote:
(07-05-2012, 06:38 AM)MRSKELETON Wrote: god, i am actually surrounded by dumb people

If I knew that I probably wouldn't have said it.

Still, I kind of wished that they at least put in some effort to make the art look slightly different. Not entirely, but still enough to give it it's own touch.

Except it barely looks the same. I can see where you're coming from, but really.

Also, I would like to point out that Jojo is an inspiration for 2 Street Fighter characters.

Guile which is pretty much Stroheim, but American and not Nazi

[Image: stroheim2.jpg]

and Rose, which is pretty much confirmed to be inspired by Lisa Lisa

I would also like to point out that this guy, J.P. Polnareff, is pretty much the inspiration for Benimaru from KOF and Paul from Tekken

[Image: JoJoPolnareff.png]

Jojo is everywhere, so it's kinda hard to call it a rip-off, even if I get your point, it's...not right
Plus it's sorta of a "thank you" the way I see it. (Jojo came first, then fighting game genre with it's flamboyant characters, then the Jojo fighting games themselves as for "Without Jojo, there would be no Iori" type of deal).
Thanked by:
i think if cyberconnect2 pulls out all of the stops this game could turn out to be pretty good
possibly even tournament worthy in some capacity!
Thinking of you, 
wherever you are.

Awesome, not knowing about every manga/anime makes me stupid - always good to know.

Anyway, I've never played any of the Naruto games, but I've heard good things about them so I'm guessing this will be fine.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: DioShiba
(07-06-2012, 07:33 AM)Goemar Wrote:

Awesome, not knowing about every manga/anime makes me stupid - always good to know.

It doesn't. But instantly assuming something, which you know nothing about, is a rip-off, kinda does. Especially if you're only going by the art style.
Well, you could have, at the very least, looked up JoJo's Bizarre Adventure on this here thing called the internet which would have taken you like two seconds to see the art style and that it makes sense and then you could have researched for like a minute more and seen how much of an impact JoJo has had on so many things and why people are excited about this. So yeah, I'd call not doing the bare minimum amount of research and making a general dismissal of something you know nothing about kind of a dumb move?

Anyway, yeah, from what I've played of Cyberconnect2's games, I'm really not too worried! It looks like way more polish is going into this than the Naruto games, and even those are some really fun games. I am seriously hyped for this game. I just really hope that Namco isn't super dumb and actually localizes this...