Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Spore
So I've been playing Spore for the last few days, and looking at all the different ways of which things work, and to be honest, this game seems very interesting to me - Esspecially from a creative point.

Creature creation is amazing. From those who used the creature creator, you'll know that the game already has an incredible creature creator - Now, when you reach later levels of the game, you actually have to dress them in tribe style clothing and such.

Also, you have to create buildings and vehicles. Additionally, a UFO for the last stage of the evolution cycle. My UFO being a giant rubber duck, and my creature being a water melon.
[Image: waterousmelonouszl1.png]

This game is fun if you can come up with interesting ideas. Otherwise, I think you'll want to give it a miss. The most fun is in the evolution less than the game itself, although the actual gameplay is nice, it's not something that would be good without the creature creation.

Additionally, if you have the online features of the game set up, you'll encounter new creatures downloaded off the web from random computers, or your friends you add, who will be given more priority than the rest of the users.
Checking out the library is interesting to see people's creations. Soon I think it'll be possible to check people's creations in your web browser, too. Let's hope so!
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
I so badly want this game.
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by:
(09-04-2008, 04:30 PM)Dazz Wrote: Soon I think it'll be possible to check people's creations in your web browser, too. Let's hope so!
This has been possible since creature creator launched. A bunch of new features were recently added to the site to support the full game.
Thanked by:
The feature has been taken offline at the moment, Zeph, due to some bugs and such.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
Game looks neat, I played around with the Creature Creator Trial, cause I'm cheap, and even with the few pieces that were provided, I enjoyed it, and made a few creatures...

I dunno if I'd put this on the top of my priority list though
[Image: smugnificent.gif]
[Image: GiantPKMN4.gif]
Thanked by:
I got Galactic Edition today, got it home and installed it, only to get to creating my account and being told my registration key can't be validated.

I checked on the official forums and it seems everyone, everyone, who bought the EU Galactic Edition's having the exact same problem.

How about you guys?
[Image: SigYT.png][Image: SigArt.png]
Thanked by:
I've heard of this game, I might end up getting it if I decide to. Also, I saw alot of movies on Youtube with peoples creations some seem pretty good.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(09-05-2008, 04:45 AM)Dazz Wrote: The feature has been taken offline at the moment, Zeph, due to some bugs and such.
sporecasts were disabled but my understanding is that that is just a way to group creatures into themes.
everything else still seems to be functional.

still plenty of new creatures being uploaded and such.
Thanked by:
man i want this game so much i bet it is as good as MySims for wii.
click here for awsome videos
Thanked by:
(09-05-2008, 08:38 PM)phantom samus Wrote: man i want this game so much i bet it is as good as MySims for wii.

What makes you think Spore is shit?
Thanked by:
reviews have been generally mediocre, usually citing a lack of depth.

basically the creativity aspect is great, which should appeal to most everyone here, the gameplay behind it supposedly does not live up to the hype.
Thanked by:
(09-05-2008, 09:21 PM)Zeph Wrote: reviews have been generally mediocre, usually citing a lack of depth.

basically the creativity aspect is great, which should appeal to most everyone here, the gameplay behind it supposedly does not live up to the hype.

an average score of 8.4 doesn't qualify as medicore. Not as good as expected, but still a good score.
Thanked by:
not really when anything below a 70 is pretty much shit.
and if you read the reviews, even the good ones make a point of saying the gameplay lacks depth.
Thanked by:
(09-05-2008, 10:28 PM)Zeph Wrote: not really when anything below a 70 is pretty much shit.
and if you read the reviews, even the good ones make a point of saying the gameplay lacks depth.

I'm not arguing with you on the depth lacking gameplay,I'm sure it does lack depth, but I don't see how 8.4 is mediocre. 7 is mediocre. not 8.
Thanked by:
This game has caught my eye ever since the article about it getting more than 100 thousand or so monsters created in the first 5 seconds...
Or something to that extent.
I'm curious as to whether this is worth a shot at.
I may try it...
But I 'spose so far it isn't really high on my priority list.
[Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: