Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Kyoujin's Work
A couple of my works
[Image: 5514ae38ce3a6a717bf4f494291ccd6d.PNG]
[Image: 948cd7e5279c80062c07bd40fd887dc5.PNG]
[Image: 19cda1736021bc75e3dd607f43837028.PNG]<====not so proud of this one
Thanked by: Shade
The shading on the back leg of those tengu looks really odd, and there's a fair bit of banding.

The first guy's face is also pretty hard to read, maybe tidy that up a bit?

Otherwise, from first glance, those appear to be pretty good.

The bottom one looks quite odd, though. The black makes it look messy, and a lot of the colours blend into each other. The shading on the hair is also pretty weird.
Thanked by: Garamonde, Candel
Also It looks like the shading is going all over the foot, but it's awesome anyways
Love : Previous(2)(3), Trollerskates(2), Nicktendo DS(2), Hiynastrike, ShadeDBZ(2), Recolorme, Sevenstitch, SupaBuddie,

Thanked by:
i wouldn't say awesome because of all the banding present in the work.

Shading isn't just making bands of darker colors around the outline. That's ugly and not how shading works. Have the whole piece tridimensionally in your mind, and work from there (shading is a way to show depth on sprites).

Your color choices are also boring because of poor color choices, you could get some oomph if you use some hueshift.

The last goku has weird black, broken lines on his hair. That's called selout and when done incorrectly, it'll only make your work worse. Finally, the bruises on goku's face are just random scribbles. Pixelart requires precise pixel placement, and the way you've done it is not.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde, Candel, Jamuk
there is a heavy misunderstanding on how shading actually works. or even, what shading is suposed to do.

adding on what gorsal posted, you need to grasp the concept of how does the placement of an imaginary lightsource near your object/character will affect it and how this determines how shadows and colors will be cast on the character/object's surfaces. the whole point after all is to convey an ilusion/idea of volume and mass, and not some random stripes pasted for the sake of.
Thanked by: Previous, Garamonde, recme, Sinkin