Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Remakes, Reimaginings and Reboots
I love new games and new ideas, but I love it more when a game re-purposes old ideas and mixes it up. I'm not talking about how Nintendo remade LoZSurpriseoT and updated it a bit, I'm talking about when the game is completely torn apart and rebuilt.

What kind of games would you like to see remade in a new way? I'd love a reboot of the turn-based strategy Warlords. The series died after the RTS craze a long while back and I think it's time to recreate it, especially after the poor design choices that were made in Warlords IV.
Thanked by:
Joy Mech Fight reboot.
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Custom Robo
Earthworm Jim 2 HD would be cool or a new Earthworm Jim game. Earthworm 4 anyone Tongue
What Rips am i doing next not sure?
[Image: giphy.webp]
Thanked by: TomGuycott, Mutsukki
startropics.

i mean, holy fuck. this series should be next in line to be brought back after kid icarus just got its (amazing) return.
(06-16-2012, 11:23 PM)alexmach1 Wrote: Custom Robo

Strange how the series dissapeared after the DS game (then again, in japan it got it's start on the N64, and it wasn't only until the GCN we got our first taste of it and it's been on-off since). It wouldn't be suprising if it was still ongoing in japan. Rolleyes

Though RTS craze I don't remember that. What significange did RTS anyway? I wasn't THAT big of an RPG gamer back then. I had like a handful of RPGs (Final Fantasies, Shining Force, Pokemon and the like before the PS2).
Thanked by:
You know what would be a good game to be torn apart and rebuilt?

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.

-DESTROY the lego-vehicle building
-Slap on some good ol fashion platforming goodness;with the innovation deriving from unique platforming elements instead of changing the WHOLE GENRE OF THE GAME
-Rename it to Banjo-Threeie

Bam. Boom. Big Seller.
[Image: 9fryz.gif] [Image: QUmE6.gif]
[Image: XwNYE.gif]
[Image: qjGOacY.png]

Click the link below to view the New Super Mario Kart Project! [Seizure Warning]

(06-17-2012, 12:21 AM)Star Wrote: You know what would be a good game to be torn apart and rebuilt?

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.

-DESTROY the lego-vehicle building
-Slap on some good ol fashion platforming goodness;with the innovation deriving from unique platforming elements instead of changing the WHOLE GENRE OF THE GAME
-Rename it to Banjo-Threeie

Bam. Boom. Big Seller.

You might as well make Banjo-Threeie from scrap. No purpose rebuilding Nuts and Bolts.

I'd like to see reboots of somewhat dead series. It makes sense seeing how they've been dead for so long that people might not remember it.

Glover for example. Releasing a Glover 2, many people would be like... "whaaaaa?" So you make a new Glover game based on the original except improved greatly. If it does well then you can start making new sequels.
Thanked by: BullockDS, Gaia, Garamonde
(06-17-2012, 12:03 AM)Gaia Wrote:
(06-16-2012, 11:23 PM)alexmach1 Wrote: Custom Robo

Strange how the series dissapeared after the DS game (then again, in japan it got it's start on the N64, and it wasn't only until the GCN we got our first taste of it and it's been on-off since). It wouldn't be suprising if it was still ongoing in japan. Rolleyes

Actually, (sadly, imo) Custom Robo's seen as little action in Japan as it has here. The last thing that NOISE, the CR developers, worked on was this really obscure game (really it doesn't even have a Wikipedia page) called Go! Go! Cosmo Cops! for the DS that got released in Japan and Europe but not in the US. It's apparently a really casual action adventure game, so, probably not a huge loss. Oh, and since the Gamecube one, we actually haven't missed an entry. Arena was the only other one they've made since. Take from that what you will.

Man, I want a new Custom Robo game...
Thanked by:
Custom robo for gamecube was the best imo. the DS version was broken and full of crap.
Thanked by: Kitsu
I'd agree with you if it weren't for the fact that, as I remember, the online community at the Nsider forums for the DS game was super tight-knit and some of the most fun I've had with an online game. I was actually quite good because of the advice we shared and whatnot! Though yeah, some stages were stupid gimmicky, and there were obviously some really bad and really OP weapons. Honestly, I think the GCN was just as bad, we just didn't notice because there was no online play.
Thanked by:
i was thinking of the pacing. in gamecube CR, the robos moved relatively slow and projectiles were mostly easy to dodge. in the DS CR, most robos have a high speed, some of the slower guns were replaced with random ideas(slidegun what) and the illegal parts made just about no sense(ima take a short range gun, and give it less damage and less range for stunning power! what) in the gamecube CR the boss really felt like a boss, especially since you see it throughout the game slowly evolving. in the DS CR, the final boss came at the last second, was super easy, then it was invincible, then it was super easy again.
/rant
Thanked by: Tellis
Hm, yeah, I suppose. But I liked the changes in strategy the wide range of speeds in Robos created. I mained Little Sprinters, but it's not like my speed made me unstoppable, because they were flimsy and any hard hitting Robos got you in a combo you were pretty much dead. Though, yeah, the AI sucked.

But yeah, Custom Robo was definitely superior in the story department, I'll give you that.

Basically, a new Custom Robo needs more balance (3-Way Gun is for noobs, nerf it, Shotgun and Magnum need a bit more differentiation, etc.), a story like the Gamecube one, online better than the DS one, and dioramas. Because posing your Robos on different backdrops is important business. Serious business.
Thanked by: alexmach1, Goemar, Gaia
ironically enough, i cant get a perfect on the gamecube CR, but i almost always get perfects on the DS CR.
also, vertical gun will always be my nightmare.
always.
Thanked by:
Battle Toads. Hell I'd be happy with a port of the Arcade game. But yeah, a new Battle Toads would be cool.
You could have a speed bike level, but make it so you can't not die, and thus play the second half of the level as a toad flying through the air after his bike smashes into a wall.

Just something really crazy and fun.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]