Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Wigglawful the fan made character
Wiggawful (Wig-gaw-ful)

He is like a Wiggler, But brainwashed by Fawful.

[Image: EcImw.gif]

So people, what do you think?
Thanked by: Previous
I think its awful. (heh heh get it)

Color choice is horrible, shading is flat and hard to see.
It needs alot of work. LOTS.

Look up the spriting dictionary, Study some techniques.
And never use MS Paint default colors!
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Sorry. This is my first time making this. I made this for Mugen, but not enough sprites. I'll try harder next time, with Photoshop CS6. But It's just a trial, and too expensive to buy one.
Thanked by:
You don't really need Photoshops for spriting... MSPaint is fine. All you need is a pen tool. The rest is technique. Color theorie et cetera, too, of course.
photoshop is terrible for sprite art to be honest. I use GIMP and its perfect, hell I could probably use paint for it.
pixel art like most other creative activities has nothing to do with the tools, only how you use them.
Thanked by: Garamonde
NO. GALE IS THE BEAST

Anyway, I'm proud of this guy for actually having a sense of direction when it comes to spriting his first sprite. (he fucking animated it with a sense of animation)

Go study some shading techniques and pick out some colors. Heck, maybe even just steal palettes from other sprites and learn how to use them (sometimes as a noob at colors it's the best way)
Thanked by: Baegal, Speed-X
Here's a better one. The colors I took are from Pokemon sprites. Please ignore the black color, because I'll fix it later.

[Image: 7MAVH.gif]

If you don't like this sprite either. Then make up your own Wiggawful sprite, but give me a message first.
Thanked by:
Get all the parts in order before you animate it, you're jumping the gun here.

You need to fix shading, color choice is important because it still looks flat.
Increase the contrast a ton
Thanked by:
I'd name it Wiggful, but that's just me.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Wafful.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
I got a better name for this sprite.

How about Wigglawful. Makes more sense doesn't it.

And I don't want to add a flower for Wigglawful, because he doesn't have one like the other Wigglers.

And I adding shades to it this time.

I will upload a sprite sooner or later.
Thanked by:
(06-29-2012, 09:33 AM)Bigpokemonfan Wrote: I got a better name for this sprite.
How about Wigglawful. Makes more sense doesn't it.
And I don't want to add a flower for Wigglawful, because he doesn't have one like the other Wigglers.
(06-20-2012, 08:48 PM)Bigpokemonfan Wrote: If you don't like this sprite either. Then make up your own Wiggawful sprite, but give me a message first.

Hey kid, if you want to last long here, you're going to have to get your attitude in line.
These people are trying to help you, they are giving you the tips you need to become a great pixel artist.

Be a bit for respectful, will you?
(06-29-2012, 02:20 PM)Britt Wrote: Hey kid, if you want to last long here, you're going to have to get your attitude in line.
These people are trying to help you, they are giving you the tips you need to become a great pixel artist.

Be a bit for respectful, will you?

I just need someone for help editing my sprite with credit.

Sorry for the attitude. I didn't mean too harsh.

But look on the bright side. At least someone edited a better sprite for me. Besides, I don't know how to shade sprites well.

Like in the first post of this topic.
Thanked by:
(07-01-2012, 11:53 AM)Bigpokemonfan Wrote: I just need someone for help editing my sprite with credit.

Sorry for the attitude. I didn't mean too harsh.

But that's exactly what we mean. Just apologising doesn't make it better if you don't improve your attitude as well. You've just come in here and asked for something to essentially make your sprite for you. We aren't going to do that. Instead, we're going to try and tell YOU how to make it better so that YOU can make a decent sprite. You say you don't know how to shade properly? So what? If you bothered to try, rather than just asking for people to edit your sprite for you, you could LEARN how to shade properly pretty quickly. So far, I've seen very little effort from you to even try to improve, and you seem to just want someone else to do all the work for you.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but seriously, change your attitude.
Thanked by: Ploaj, Garamonde, Medevenx