Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Jigglypuff -1st attempt at Spriting-
Umm...... Hi!?

This is my very first time posting here and the very first time i created my own sprite. I'm just 12 and I wanted to start with an easy one. I was playing Super Smash Brothers Melee and I started drawing them. I thought about spriting and thought of an easy character. It only left me with 2 characters, Jigglypuff and Kirby. I decided to go with Jigglypuff so here it is!

[Image: DhzrT.png]
Thanked by:
Fixed your image for you.
Use the Forum BBCode option for your link, not HTML.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Overall, the sprites don't have much contrast and shading. Refer to the Sprite Dictionary for spriting techniques. You may get some harsh crit over here, but don't worry, we give crit to help. Smile
[Image: tumblr_mzx6bm02eC1s38z45o1_500.gif]
Anonymous Wrote:...the world is so much simpler if you just dont give a FUCK...
But if Cyanide is 12 years old, that means they're too young to be here...
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(06-11-2012, 09:23 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: But if Cyanide is 12 years old, that means they're too young to be here...

Well TGE was 13 when he joined right? Let's give him some good old C+C. You're good at that MJ.
[Image: tumblr_mzx6bm02eC1s38z45o1_500.gif]
Anonymous Wrote:...the world is so much simpler if you just dont give a FUCK...
Thanked by:
Quote:I'm just 12

well, that was easy.

ban & lock. The rules don't say you must be at least 13 without a reason; be patient and wait like everyone else.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde, recme, Gwen, Jamuk
User emailed me and is now 13.
Ban lifted and thread reopened.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Garamonde, Jamuk
Okay first thing that I can notice off the bat is that Jigglypuff looks like a cube.

Make it more sphere like.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Iceman404
Stifflypuff
Thanked by: Garamonde, Jamuk, Gaia
Well guys, Thanks for the criticts and yeah it does look far from Jigglyuff that's why I'm making another sprite for Jigglypuff. about my age, I just turned 13 last july 1 so yeah, ban lifted.... I'll post it here if i'm finished with my work! Thanks again Big Grin
Thanked by:
Ummm... Hi again guys...

Well after your comments and critics (Thanks again for your advice!) I created another one and I might say, I Improved quite alot that it made me smile... I know I still have alot to go but here's a sneak peek of my new sprite! Big Grin
[Image: new.png]

Please leave comments and advice for me Big Grin Hopefully you liked it!
Thanked by:
Despite some flaws it's definitely better than the old one, nice job.

I'd try utilizing the darkest pink shade more around the body, it seems a bit underused
Thanked by: EvilRaccoon9, Gwen
(07-21-2012, 02:26 AM)-Bwar- Wrote: Despite some flaws it's definitely better than the old one, nice job.

I'd try utilizing the darkest pink shade more around the body, it seems a bit underused

Thanks!

Yes, i didn't use the darkest shade of pink isn't used that much. I'll try using it and hopefully a better outcome well occur! Big Grin Thanks for your comments and advice! it really helps me Big Grin

(I'll post the sprite when i'm done Big Grin)

Hi guys!

Here i go Again.... I edited it by using the darkest shade of pink more, making Jigglypuff more circular and fixed Jigglypuff's curl so here it is! [Image: yey.png]

Leave more advice,comments and suggestions! Hope you like it! (Thanks again Ploaj for your advice!)
Thanked by:
I suggest shrinking the feet a little because it currently looks like it's standing on its toes. The eyes also are not the same color as many of the pictures I've seen of Jigglypuff, more of a greenish blue would work better. The palette could probably be a little more bright and vibrant as well.
EDIT:
[Image: iJ6ODWJt5tBUY.png]
I edited it a little bit to show you what I mean.
I may have gotten a bit carried away with this! hehe
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
Try upping the contrast on the pink shades slightly. Even saturating the darkest shade a little might help.
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by: