Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Scarlet Devil Cravings (Touhou Fangame)
[Image: B17c7.png]

This is pretty much an idea for a Touhou fangame that I came up while playing Prinny 2. It was a random thought to come up with a Touhou version of such a game. This idea, however, I based more on the prequel.

Anyway....

What's the Genre?
Platformer

What's the Plot?
Remilia Scarlet is picky as usual and asks her maid Sakuya Izayoi to explore Gensokyo and find recipes for new dishes.

What's the Gameplay Like?
Explore through various Genoskyo locales, like the Hakurei Shrine. Take down enemies on your way to the boss and defeat it to be rewarded with a recipe.

Planned Stages (in no specific order)
Hakurei Shrine
Forest of Magic
Bamboo Forest
Eientei
Hell of Blazing Fires
Youkai Mountain
Haguyokoro
Myouren Temple

Currently, I'm working on the prototype for the game. So I'll just post them here and explain where I plan to go with it thus far.

I don't have a pixel artist, so I'm using filler sprites. Like Marisa's sprite from New Super Marisa Land.

Prototype Screenshots?
[Image: 1215u1s.png]
Test level layout. I plan to add more to the interface if possible.

[Image: 2rrti4i.png]
You stomp on enemies to stun them for a while. You will then be able to attack normally to get rid of them, but as this sprite doesn't have an attacking pose, I couldn't implement that just yet.

[Image: 14afvk4.png]
Reach the end of the level and you'll get to a transporter that carries you to the level's boss.

[Image: 1g214z.png]
Like Prinny, you'll need to stun the boss in order to damage it. The skulls show how many times you need to stomp the boss to make them vulnerable.

What Do You Plan To Do Next?
-Dashing
-Midway Checkpoints
-Cutscenes (test)
-Boss battle (test)
-Enemies that attack
[Image: H4KAm.gif]
Yup. I'm a Touhou fan.
Thanked by: Hoeloe, Kitsu, Guy, Kami, Lexou Duck
http://www.mediafire.com/?8poq7f5dpi536t2

Okay, this is sort of a prototype I have set. Of course I have a LOT more to add.

Hopefully, my next post will have more. However, the placeholder sprites are running out of usefulness. I will appreciate the help of any pixel artist who wants to offer their assistance with this.
Yup. I'm a Touhou fan.
Thanked by:
I'd move the health hearts inwards, it's weird how they're stuck to the border.

Your keypress-keyrelease solution for walking doesn't work well with pausing. If you pause while walking, the player will animate walking afterwards even if you released the key while pausing; if you keep the button down, the player won't move on. Checking the keydown-event too should help you solve that. (I think GM does have these different key events, but I'm not sure - but it really should)

UPGRADE GAMEMAKER NOW - Thing went quite downhill, it's a shame.
Thanked by: RokuGurin
(06-29-2012, 03:08 AM)Previous Wrote: I'd move the health hearts inwards, it's weird how they're stuck to the border.

Your keypress-keyrelease solution for walking doesn't work well with pausing. If you pause while walking, the player will animate walking afterwards even if you released the key while pausing; if you keep the button down, the player won't move on. Checking the keydown-event too should help you solve that. (I think GM does have these different key events, but I'm not sure - but it really should)

Oh thanks a lot. I'll get on to fixing that.

(06-29-2012, 03:08 AM)Previous Wrote: UPGRADE GAMEMAKER NOW - Thing went quite downhill, it's a shame.

There's an upgrade past 8.1?
Yup. I'm a Touhou fan.
Thanked by:
(06-29-2012, 09:22 AM)DragonBoy Wrote: There's an upgrade past 8.1?
Nah, there's just this splashscreen that shows up upon exiting the game because Yoyogames wants you to get the paid version.
Thanked by:
This will be on hold for a while, as I'm at the point where I will definitely need a pixel artist.
Yup. I'm a Touhou fan.
Thanked by:
Dropping in to say this has potential.

I'd reccomend using GM 8.0 since 8.1 is a complete pain in the ass TBH.
[Image: FK4rxzT.gif][Image: rZSrTAQ.gif][Image: QUmE6.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif][Image: 3CczX.gif][Image: qjGOacY.png][Image: smC8iWb.gif][Image: FK4rxzT.gif]
[Image: shrine.gif]
Anti-Vipershark Operation Pantsu Weapon - By Kistu-nii~ Cute

Thanked by: RokuGurin, alexmach1, Guy
Managed to find and befriend an artist for the game. She's Puripeach on Deviantart. She does a good job emulating the Disgaea style.

[Image: rUC6F.png]

What do you guys think?
Yup. I'm a Touhou fan.
This looks pretty good =)
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
Wink 
Looks and plays solid.
What editor are you using to make the map?
Thanked by:
(08-11-2012, 04:50 PM)kaB00M Wrote: Looks and plays solid.

Not sure about "solid", but thanks Big Grin

(08-11-2012, 04:50 PM)kaB00M Wrote: What editor are you using to make the map?

Well, this is all being made in Game Maker if that answers your question.
Yup. I'm a Touhou fan.
Thanked by:
Neutral 
(08-11-2012, 08:49 PM)DragonBoy Wrote: Not sure about "solid", but thanks Big Grin

Well the collision i great. You should see some of the platformers i made Tongue
Thanked by:
I think I might have a pixel artist for my project. His (or at least I think it's a guy) name is Kereichi (ケレイチ), and his Pixiv ID is 801161.

He did this as a demo:
[Image: hnIng.png]
Yup. I'm a Touhou fan.
Thanked by:
For free? If yes, then you're very lucky.

The sprites itself is looking good =)
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
that looks good but lacks contrast, between shades, you might want him to change that. I hope that progress be more frequent now that you have a spriter.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: