Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Kabukiguy's Pixel Shrine
Hello, I'm new here, and have always wanted to post my sprites here. I'm one of those kinds of people who love to start projects but tend to get overwhelmed with how many I take on.

These are some things I worked on a while ago but never got the time to finish.

Mario Bros Classic Revisited
[Image: mariobattle.png]
a small project I wanted to start, taking characters from all over the mario extended universe, and making a huge collection of their sprites but in the classic Mario Bros. format. I've always wanted a modern Mario Bros. game, so I wanted to do it sort of a tribute.

Waluigi Land!
[Image: waluigigame.png]
This was a mock up I made when I was bored. It depicts a Wario land styled game, featuring Waluigi, who is in fact my favorite Mario character. Solely because there is a lot of potential in making him something more than just a joke character. It came about when I felt that throughout all the mario games, he's given a really good amount of abilities and I wanted to see what I could do with them.
I would eventually start making a sheet, just to see how far I could go. You can view how far I got at this link because it's big:
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/9928/waluigidg.png

Secret Project
I'm currently working on a project with a friend and I'm not sure if he wants to let it out more publicly now, but I can post these for the time being.
[Image: modernwhipfire.gif]
[Image: taunt.gif]
[Image: airtoairpunches.gif]

Misc. Stuff
[Image: aquaman.png]
Aquaman is my favorite comic book character.
[Image: shimonbelmondo.png]
Simon Belmont (chronicles attire) done in modern castlevania style.
[Image: cpcviolins.png]
Scrapped Fighting Game character.

Thats all I have for now, I wish I had access to most of my sprites from the mid 2000s, but they were all lost when my PC broke back in 2010-11. Currently I work off my Acer Aspire One netbook, with a Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet.
The third ~secret project~ animation could use more power in his punch

also i like the aquaman and little waluigi
Thanked by: Kabukiguy
That Waluigi stuff is awesome. It's also cool how you based it off Wario Land 4, that's the only Wario Land game I've played but it's fantastic. It'd be cool if you'd ever make a proper Waluigi Land game, I totally think he deserves it.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
(05-24-2012, 04:53 PM)puggsoy Wrote: That Waluigi stuff is awesome. It's also cool how you based it off Wario Land 4, that's the only Wario Land game I've played but it's fantastic. It'd be cool if you'd ever make a proper Waluigi Land game, I totally think he deserves it.
If you are talking about fan made games, I think Psycho Waluigi is the closest we will get. In terms of Nintendo made game... well, I wouldn't hold me breath.

As for these sprites, they look really nice. I really like the mini Mario/Luigi/Wario/Waluigi ones.
something I cooked up just now,
Simon Belmont (Castlevania Judgment Attire) in the same style as the Spriters Resource Super Smash Bros. Project.
[Image: simonbelmont.png]
First sprite is him with whip at side, second without. The next two are blown up versions of the originals.

As you can probably tell, I'm a big Simon fan.
Thanked by:
I remember you!! You used to frequent Mcleodgaming when I did, and I absolutely loved your sprites. It's quite radular to see you here. I doubt you remember me, but we are friends on Facebook(yeah I know, that doesn't mean much) but hey, I look forward to seeing more work from you!
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by: Medevenx, Kabukiguy
Wow! You're good. The Scrapped Fighting Game character sprite (I think) should have a bit of a darker outline on the white shirt. It would also be nice to give the secret project sprites some shading. It'll make them look WAY better. Smile
[Image: tumblr_mzx6bm02eC1s38z45o1_500.gif]
Anonymous Wrote:...the world is so much simpler if you just dont give a FUCK...
(05-25-2012, 09:59 AM)BlueBlur97 Wrote: Wow! You're good. The Scrapped Fighting Game character sprite (I think) should have a bit of a darker outline on the white shirt. It would also be nice to give the secret project sprites some shading. It'll make them look WAY better. Smile

Pretty sure it's meant to be 8bit, so I don't think it would help it look better.
Thanked by: Gwen, ~Axis~, Kabukiguy
I don't really like the color choices on that waluigi mockup, even though waluigi himself is quite neat.

Otherwise all this is pretty nice, I'd love to hear more this secret project of yours !
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
that mockup is so oversaturated in both objects and colors that it screams "overdone". im worried as well as the constant shuffle between the HUD elements and the sprites themselves's aethetics. the more obvious one being the switch between fully outlined and the lack of of it.
(05-24-2012, 08:08 PM)Gwen Wrote: I remember you!! You used to frequent Mcleodgaming when I did, and I absolutely loved your sprites. It's quite radular to see you here. I doubt you remember me, but we are friends on Facebook(yeah I know, that doesn't mean much) but hey, I look forward to seeing more work from you!
haha, thats cool, im not particularly fond of my time there, but still cool to see that you still remember!

(05-25-2012, 12:23 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: Pretty sure it's meant to be 8bit, so I don't think it would help it look better.
righto!

and as for the mockup, I'm not very happy with a lot of the choices I made when I made it. I guess thats why I ended up trying to make the waluigi sheet before making an actual tileset.
Thanked by:
Did some new stuff on my off time.
These are for an idea I had about a fangame in the style of the highly customizable SuperMarioWar except with the theme and mechanics of Castlevania. A barebones amount of required frames, so skins would be as simply editable as they are in SMWar.
Template
[Image: castlevaniaskin.png]
Trevor, Alucard, and a bonus Gabriel.
[Image: scwarskins.png]
[Image: trevor.gif]
[Image: trevoratk.gif]
[Image: alucardturn.gif]
[Image: alucardatk.gif]

Simon Belmont Smashland style. unfinished.
[Image: smashlandsimon.png]

Random lifebars for no reason.
[Image: lifebars.png]

other assorted stuff.
[Image: assorted.png]
1. Mini unfinished sketch turner
2. TFR style dude
3/4. a sprite of my girlfriend.
small update
Added Richter Belmont
Added Bonus Character "Link"
[Image: richterturn.gif]
[Image: richteratk.gif]

Probably going to try and do items and enemies. then tileset.
you should keep it 8-bit though, looks better imo
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by:
Finally got around to finishing the Link skin.
[Image: scwarskins.png]
[Image: linkturn.gif]
[Image: linkatk.gif]

And also made a badly spazzing out kabukiguy.
[Image: kabus.gif]

"What a horrible night to have a curse...."
[Image: Slide.gif]
[Image: backflip.gif]
[Image: SIMONpunches.gif]
[Image: launcher.gif]
"That is the power of a Belmont!"