Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Open .WAD file from Spyro the Dragon?
There is a file called "WAD.WAD" in the root directory of the game, how do I get into and root through them? The only thing I know about this file is that it's definitely not a Doom WAD (I think) and that PSound (what I was using to rip the samples from) was able to find samples.

I figure there could be tons of goodies ready to be ripped but I don't know how to get in there. Any Ideas?

P.S. This WAD file is in the other PS1 Spyro games and possibly other Insomniac games.

{EDIT}

LXShadow showed me .WAD extractor that my help out.

WAD exctractor: http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/57841103/file.html

Usage:
-Copy the .WAD file to the same directory as the extractor
-Drag the .WAD file to the .exe, it should create a folder that contains the extracted file parts as .bin files.
Thanked by:
yeah iv'e been trying to figure this out myself cause some of the ratchet and clank games have .wad files as well which i can't seem to open either -.-, anywho goodluck trying to open that .WAD file.
What Rips am i doing next not sure?
[Image: giphy.webp]
Thanked by:
Not to mention i've been googling for the tool but i wanted someone to make it and make it also compatible for me to rip the object models from Spyro 3 and others.
Thanked by:
Has anyone tried scanning it through the full version of Game Extractor?

Also some helpful info (or not), attached is an .rtf file with the first 1024 bytes of data from a hex editor.

DL link:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13160869/SpyroOGWAD.WADhex.rtf ~8.4 KB
Thanked by:
So far nobody else knows anything from what I've seen here, so I started to look and ask around other places.

So I asked LXShadow (a hacker that hacked around on Spyro games) if he knew anything and showed me a link to command line .exe that extracts data from the .WAD file.

From what he said and what I've seen is that the files are not named but they are split apart as .bin files. It should work with Spyro 1-3 but I'm sure about other Insomniac games.

He also agreed to allow me to share the link to his extractor.
Linky: http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/57841103/file.html

Usage:
-Copy the .WAD file to the same directory as the extractor
-Drag the .WAD file to the .exe, it should create a folder that contains the extracted file parts as .bin files.

I'm not exactly sure how other people might find it useful but it my help out in figuring out what is in those .WAD files. Though the next step would be to figure out the contents of the files.
Thanked by:
Yes but i seriously need to find an extractor for the img game for spyro 3 so that i can get the wad file and test the extractor.

EDIT:
Actually i have found a way but i used MagicISO to extract the file and then tested the extractor you linked to.

Oh and how do i extract the bin to get the models?
Thanked by:
(06-11-2012, 06:29 PM)Brandondorf9999 Wrote: Yes but i seriously need to find an extractor for the img game for spyro 3 so that i can get the wad file and test the extractor.

You need to mount the image so you can access it like a CD-ROM with Daemon Tools, the .img file is also supposed to be with a .ccd file, if not then get an .iso version (or get the real physical copy and not have deal with mounting .iso's).
Thanked by:
I've finally got it but i'm asking some kind of tool that will extract bin files so that i can use the models and submit it here to get it in the Models resource.
Thanked by:
If you're sure the BIN files are for models, try running them through Noesis.
**Though mostly inactive on the forums, you can shoot me a PM and I'll try to respond as soon as I can. PM notices get emailed to me!

You can also catch me on Discord: John2k4#5788
Thanked by:
(06-11-2012, 07:03 PM)John2k4 Wrote: If you're sure the BIN files are for models, try running them through Noesis.

Thats not the program i want. I actually want the bin files i extracted from the wad file of spyro 3. You may want to ask the hacker named LXShadow to make the bin extractor for the playstation models for Spyro 1, 2 and 3.
Thanked by:
(06-11-2012, 06:57 PM)Brandondorf9999 Wrote: I've finally got it but i'm asking some kind of tool that will extract bin files so that i can use the models and submit it here to get it in the Models resource.

The .bin files is the next bump, as they represent the assets used in the game. The tricky part is figuring out the contents of those .bin files. Somebody might have to do some hex editor magic to get something usable out of them.
Thanked by:
What are the instructions for it so that i can get all the characters, objects, and stages out of the bin file with the hex editor.
Thanked by:
(06-11-2012, 07:19 PM)Brandondorf9999 Wrote: What are the instructions for it so that i can get all the characters, objects, and stages out of the bin file with the hex editor.

That I'm not too sure, you might have to ask around with a few Spyro game hackers to see if they can help.
Thanked by:
(06-11-2012, 07:22 PM)Nero1024 Wrote: That I'm not too sure, you might have to ask around with a few Spyro game hackers to see if they can help.

What are the list of the spyro playstation game hackers?
Thanked by:
(06-11-2012, 08:32 PM)Brandondorf9999 Wrote:
(06-11-2012, 07:22 PM)Nero1024 Wrote: That I'm not too sure, you might have to ask around with a few Spyro game hackers to see if they can help.

What are the list of the spyro playstation game hackers?

So far I've only heard of LXShadow and Werelion2367 on YouTube.
Thanked by: