Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Bombshell93's sprite sketchbook
I'm making this thread with the intention of making a portfolio, I'll be posting stand alone's, random sheets, pointless tile sets, basicly anything that has no tie to a project, here.
Crit anything you see a problem with as harshly as possible, every little helps.
If I'm going to make a portfolio I want it to be good, so the more strict you are while critting the better.

I'll still be working on other sprite projects, just I commonly do sprites for the sake of doing sprites and anything extra is something more that can be improved on.

anyway here are some random sprites I have done for the sake of it.
Pacman Alternative!
[Image: gJJfg.png]
Here is my avatar of which I'm particularly proud of, I'll probably be doing more of this character an old favourite of mine amongst character designs,
[Image: ian_neo_kennan___avatar_sprite_by_pushbo...51pa3s.png]
Character Revamp from a recent spritesheet,
[Image: utensils_revenge_idle_by_pushbombshell-d51ri54.gif]
[Image: bvK6e.png]
Here is a new one
[Image: mary_wip_sheet_by_pushbombshell-d53l3z2.png][Image: mary_run_by_pushbombshell-d53i5gk.gif]

And here is my current project, I'm trying to diversify my pallet selections, characters and shading style. Crits very much welcome and appreciated Smile
[Image: bEYCx.png][Image: Wadbv.png]

anything you see that can be improved, it'd be greatly appreciated pointed out.
Thats it for now,
Thanks for reading (and possibly critting),
Bombshell
Thanked by: BynineB
On the red dude, I think he looks slightly too busy and desaturated with the dithering. For the furthest out dithering, try doing single pixels detatched, (diagonally and adjacently) from the rest of the dithering. Otherwise, good work.
Thanked by:
the demon(?) should hue-shift to purple, not brown
Thanked by:
[Image: iamspoon_bit_by_pushbombshell-d4zsme0.png] did it for a live stream, fan art for the same guy as the one in the original post, this is half assed, but I like it regardless.
Thanked by: Medevenx
i guess there is not much to say about this.
Thanked by: Previous, Iceman404
The red guys chest is bugging me. It looks like he has a right pec, but only a right pec.
[Image: aqis.png]
Thanked by:
red guy is meant to be a baby dragon, updated it with slight shading differences and pallet fix
Thanked by:
another addition to the spritebook
I'm probably going to use these in a project but I figured another topic for them would be a bit much.
here is the sheet
[Image: iamsp00n.png]
and the sheets contents animated so far (I think the idles in the gif might be earlier versions but its not too noticeable.
[Image: sp00nanimation.gif]

here is a link to the concept
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/0...4qz9f5.png
Thanked by:
He should be bobbing instead of staying in place.

His head should be turning more too.
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by:
(05-21-2012, 06:31 PM)recolormeme Wrote: He should be bobbing instead of staying in place.

His head should be turning more too.

I believe this is referring to the walking animation, just to make it clear.
Thanked by:
[Image: iamsp00n.png]
[Image: runanimx.gif]
hows this? (I know its not perfect but its better isnt it?)
Thanked by:
slight changes to lighting and changes to the pallet. not had much time to work on this, I've spent a while on making the level editor and debug interface user friendly so I can easily debug the game as I build it up.
[Image: KmSFz.png]
Thanked by:
the programming for the guy in the sheets above is going well but to stop myself from getting bored I'm practice spriting on the side.
For the project after this one I'll be aiming a more anatomically correct look. The inspired style is from Megaman Zero, I've not played much of the megaman games but I really like the spriting style in megaman zero.
I'm trying to do it from scratch but I'm having issues with posing and proportions.
[Image: BRfYU.png]
heres what I have so far, if anyone has any tips on this kind of style please enlighten me, I need to expand my spriting abilities and get more flexible with how I sprite.
Thanked by:
proportions are quite off.
Thanked by: Bombshell93
hence my mentioning "I'm having issues with posing and proportions"
given a standing pose where the arms are by the side of the character I can do proportions fairly well, but the slightest variety in a pose (in this case slightly bent knees and readied arms) and everything goes tit-ways.
I tried a few times, as sad as it is that is the closest I came.

okay new try
[Image: gNXv6.png]
the guy in green is based on an anatomically correct drawing (basicly traced)
the guy to the right of him was an attempt using green guy as a reference, as you can see no arms yet, thats because from what I have done I think I've buggered up the pose. (I'm going for a combat ready pose) I've never been good at posing unless it was something simple of it were a cartoon style.
Thanked by: