Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Project BRAD
[Image: iaza19259499195200.gif]
[Image: iaza19259422930900.gif]

This involves TSR in a way...
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
that looks extremely stiff and unnatural.
Thanked by: Crappy Blue Luigi, recme
I'm not a big fan of the color selection

though maybe it's just the green throwing everything off Sick

also what is the game about? who is the penguin? or is that all supposed to be secret for now?
Thanked by: recme
You should exaggerate the legs more on the running animation, And have him bob up and down in rhythm with his feet.

Basically, he should only move up when his feet hit the ground, rather than jitter about like an idiot
Power walking!! He's Power walking!

And the walking one, he's carrying invisible suitcases.
[Image: Intro_Project2_zpsa3f9d668.gif]
Thanked by: Previous, recme
[Image: 0tMAV.gif]

[Image: XK266.gif]
(He seems to be leanign backwards and thus looks like walking backwards in a extremely unsuspicious manner)

Desaturate your "neutral" background color. Clashing background colors tend to override your sense of picking good colors for your sprites. Also, your "dark red shade" doesn't work, there's too little contrast and probably too much hue shift.
(05-09-2012, 09:47 PM)Meta Wrote: that looks extremely stiff and unnatural.

[Image: DlAv6.png]
fixed

(05-09-2012, 09:59 PM)Sengi~ Wrote: also what is the game about? who is the penguin? or is that all supposed to be secret for now?

More of a secret for now. I'll reveal once I get most stuff done.

(05-09-2012, 10:51 PM)Popcorn Wrote: You should exaggerate the legs more on the running animation, And have him bob up and down in rhythm with his feet.

[Image: iaza19259417033500.gif]
Is that better?

(05-10-2012, 12:48 AM)Ran Master 27 Wrote: And the walking one, he's carrying invisible suitcases.

[Image: iaza19259474303900.gif]

@Previous He turns to run. But it would be nice for him to backwards walk at first and then turn.
Thanked by:
I think the walk should have a little more movement
[Image: T0Ygs.gif]
Edit:
But slowed down
[Image: 7npqm.gif]
As for jumping, A little something like this:>

[Image: 5v4wo9_th.png]

Raise one arm, and one leg back for the jump.
Then, one leg back bracing for the landing.
Both feet hit the ground with the body absorbing the shock.

Just about every game uses this formula.
Thanked by:
Wait why are you doing the jump for him? Did I miss something? Maybe something good for that animation is a "peak" frame when the rise hits his peak so there is a transitional frame from the Jumping state to the Falling state. The land can also be used for the Jump Start where the frame plays right before the jump.
Thanked by:
Jumping is W.I.P. for now. I might come up with a diffrent pose but i'll take that information for consideration.

As for walking, I tried my best to try to mimic Ploaj's.

mines>[Image: iaza19259478040800.gif][Image: T0Ygs.gif]<Ploaj's
Thanked by:
Noodle arms

Did I mention that he's leaning backwards? Reminds me of old PT days when you saw this comment almost every day. Genki ^_^
Thanked by: Crappy Blue Luigi
(05-11-2012, 12:37 AM)Previous Wrote: Noodle arms

Did I mention that he's leaning backwards? Reminds me of old PT days when you saw this comment almost every day. Genki ^_^

I think the noodly arms were intentional and i kind of like it
Thanked by: Mowtaku, recme
Noodle arms were intentional.

[Image: iaza19259428027700.gif]
Fixed his back problem.
now fix the leg volume, they seem to change in volume in the animation,
needed to reinforce the legs and they still need a bit more work but here is a quick shot I took at it
[Image: iaza19259428027700.gif]

EDIT: another thing I noticed is the far leg has more hang time when its fully forwards than the front leg, this makes it look like your guys limping so you might want to consider redoing a frame or 2
Thanked by: Crappy Blue Luigi, recme