Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Porky (SSB style) Any help appreciated!
[Image: porky.png]
Ok, I've had this thing sitting on my computer for way too long and I really want to see it through to the end. I need your help though. Truth is I'm not so hot as a spriter. A lot of you are. Help a guy out.

This is made up of two main parts; The Pod, and Porky.
I'm much better with the pod and I have more fun with it. I'm terrible with humans. Just god-awful. I'd love someone who is good with them and maybe even finds them fun could take the help of the actual Porky character from me. He's really not even that tough since we pretty much have a base. I just suck.

The pod is ALMOST done. After I get the main parts done it'll just be a lot of rotating/cleaning up. The main things I need are the diagonal bodies. I think. Do I really need them at all, or are just the four directions fine? Opinions are welcome.

I think we've got the bulk done. It's just drawing the lines between the dots now so we can see the whole picture. If a couple people can help me iron this out I will be one happy guy.
And as always, critique and ideas are always welcome.

Thanks!
-Ton
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
The porky sprites look decent.

If you could be a little more clear as to how many sprites and of what actions you need done, that would help a lot.
[Image: aqis.png]
Thanked by:
I'm gonna go ahead and say this now though; that pink text is eye-straining -- even for me -- to read. Could you make it black or at least a darker color? Smile
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Ton, Shade, Gaia
Yeah, changing the pink is no problem.

Star did some editing to my original Porky, so it looks loads better than it did. I still can't get the arms to look good though. Tongue
He was planned as a Smash Project character, but now I just want him to have some basic movements; walking, jumping, etc. I made a small list at the bottom left that should describe some of the ideas if your eyes don't bleed trying to read it. There's no set amount of sprites that need to be done. Just enough for it to be smooth. I think I'm going to sketch out/start up on a bottom view and top view of the pod.
Thanked by: Garamonde, Star
I slapped some arms on him to start with.
Right now I'm looking for a little bit of criticism, something just looks off to me and I cant figure out what.

[Image: PorkyArms.png] Edit: [Image: PorkyArms3.png] Edit 2: [Image: PorkyArms3-1.png]

Final: [Image: PorkyArms3-2.png]

I Think I figured out what was bugging me. I feel its much better now.
[Image: aqis.png]
Thanked by: Ton, Zadaben, Garamonde
(05-01-2012, 02:54 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Star did some editing to my original Porky, so it looks loads better than it did. I still can't get the arms to look good though. Tongue
Hum, Wasn't I the one who edited porky and his spider bot years ago?
I also did the Ness sprites on the sheet.

But whatever, I'm happy you want to bring this back :]
[Image: scaled.php?server=441&filename=ipposig.png&res=medium]
Thanked by:
Maybe. My memory is fuzzy. O_O

And that Porky is a fantastic base! Thanks! I'm going to be editing the pod to try to get something I like soon. Smile
Thanked by: Garamonde
[Image: porkyu.png]
The beginnings of the below view. I'm going to round it out some more and then figure out how I want to shade it.
Thanked by: HandToeKnee
(05-01-2012, 02:54 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Yeah, changing the pink is no problem.

Star did some editing to my original Porky, so it looks loads better than it did. I still can't get the arms to look good though. Tongue
Yeah..I remember doing something with Porky but I don't remember. I think it was with the frontal-face. I didn't finish it for some reason though..and I need to do just that.

Also I remade the back pose of the machine, but I guess you guys lost it or something because I don't see it on there though.

Anyway, I'll try to help out whenever I can. Just wanting to announce that : )
[Image: 9fryz.gif] [Image: QUmE6.gif]
[Image: XwNYE.gif]
[Image: qjGOacY.png]

Click the link below to view the New Super Mario Kart Project! [Seizure Warning]

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart
Thanked by: Star, Garamonde, A.J. Nitro
Nothing is lost =)

[Image: blehe.png]
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by: recme, Gaia, Ton, Garamonde, Star
Hey look, I did something!
Internet is spotty here, so not sure how often I can update this topic. I'll probably be doing this in my spare time.
The newest sprite is the underside. Not sure if I should lighten it up. As usual, any edits are more than welcome. I probably won't do much of Porky since I'm horrible when it comes to humans, so if there's someone out there who would like to edit the ones we have so far, please feel free.

[Image: porkyf.png]
Thanked by: Star, Garamonde
I know Star's project is awesome, but look, I did a thing too! Tongue

[Image: porky.png]
Stuff with the yellow outline is new. The laser will be made at some point. I wanted the eye to bug out in a cartoony style when it shoots, but I'm not sure if it needs more frames or not.
Thanked by: Star, Garamonde
This thing:
[Image: FRSWm.png]
looks pillowshaded to me, and there's some banding in the middle. I can't immediately think of a fix, unfortunately. The rest looks pretty good though!
Thanked by: Garamonde
Shouldn't the bottom of the walker still adhere to the laws of light source direction? Right now the light source for that frame seems to be from dead-on, when the light source is actually what? Upper right?

Edit: One of your dear old professionals will have to fix this crap up, because I'm certainly no spriter, but here's a quick shade job to show you what I mean:

[Image: porkyexample.png]
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: Ton, Garamonde