Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Brad's Pokemon Sprites
[Image: w3Fbb.png]
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by:
i can see you reworked the feet of the first one, added a random head and edited it too and finally tried to attempt a torso on your own but got the proportions quite off.

you still need to study and practice more your understanding of anatomy.
Thanked by:
His hand looks like elephant man's face.
Thanked by:
first, i'd like to start of saying that i didn't edit anything of the first sprite. rather a reference.

reworking the hand and feet for a dynamic pose
[Image: Yj0xU.png]
Thanked by:
I was more referring to the other hand. You know, the one that looks like a brain.
Thanked by:
I know you were referring to the other hand. I thought the other one looked odd.

[Image: fzCjE.png]

i just need to change place of the thumb.

i also might add other trainers of Pokemon Yellow.
Thanked by:
Well, you need to change the position of the thumb and scale the rest of the hand down. Currently, his fingers appear the size of large sausages.
Thanked by:
the reason why his finger are that big are because of perspective. compare with the original sprite.

[Image: cxbMg.png]
which hand should I pick?
Thanked by:
[Image: 35222oz.jpg]
What was that about perspective?

But yeah, shrink the fingers. Perspective or not, they are too big. Also, his face looks too... goofy, I'm not too good at explaining things honestly but it doesn't fit with the other sprites.
Thanked by: Bombshell93
what did we learn today: just because it was done in an "oficial" sprite doesnt mean it was done "right".

in fact, the sprites onthe early pokemon games were terrible for the most part. only a few managed to actually stay in style without becoming a complete mess.
Thanked by: Gwen, Previous, recme, Zadaben
[Image: xZzZd.png]

I definitely need help
Thanked by:
When drawing humans, I recommend making that pose and copying yourself. Taking a picture of yourself and analysing it can help. Don't trace it, but analyse it. Even though these are cartoons, they obey the same anatomy as ordinary humans.
Thanked by: Shade, recme, Jamuk, Garamonde
you should be aware that the sprites are based from original, much more detailed concept art. wich is something you should do as well(as in, drawingthe character on paper first, and then turn it into an sprite)
Thanked by: recme
your hand is still a little too.. large, I guess? It seems that instead of holding the pokeball, gary is balancing it in his palm. Here's an edit I made earlier.

[Image: gary.png]

I had to sacrifice some of the pokeball itself, but now (I think at least) he is gripping the pokeball.
Stop on gary for a bit and I redid my trainer sprite from 2 years ago.
[Image: nR5um.gif]

C+C would be good yes.
Thanked by: