Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thor's Once-in-a-lifetime Thread Thing
What's up guys?

The Fighter's Resource is certainly taking off! As much as I'd love to be in it, well... motivation isn't exactly on my side. Whipped up this real quick tonight on a sudden burst of motivation, may or may not continue. Posting it outside the thread because I have a feeling I won't actually finish this (and would therefore be dropped), but feel free to merge it or something if you feel it is necessary!~

The mugshot was fun to do, at least!

C+C, of course.

[Image: J7TON.png]

Animations:
[Image: vMafu.gif] Idle
[Image: nX4QK.gif] Walk Forward (Floats)
[Image: DKu8V.gif] Walk Backward (Floats)
So he found the heart in barren land
It was beating, still alive
He held it gently in his hand
And looked up to the sky
i'd say, you need to put more effort on those animations. they really dhow a great load of lazyness and lack of interest on actually making something worth your time.

if you want to make a character that simply floats, there is much you can add to it to actually display movement. check Storm's sprites on Marvel vs Capcom for example.
There is SO much more you could be doing for these animations, but you're being quite minimalistic with them.

You might just want to plot some assist trophy move out for now. After making that, then consider how dedicated you are towards a full sheet.

Even Mewtwo was a very animated character.
Thanked by: Thor, Garamonde, Gaia
Thanks for the feedback guys!
Rather than do floating (because that was admittedly lazy of me, not that I'm surprised), a simple walk/run animation ought to do the trick a lot better.

@Ekoi: I might try that and see which I'd rather do.

EDIT: EVERYBODY OUT OF THE WAY ARMLESS GUY COMING THROUGH.
[Image: HzGH5.gif]
C+C before I add the arms (I'll add more movement to the hair after the arms)?

And looked up to the sky
Thanked by: megaMasquerain
Going to go right on ahead and bump this again, dropping some things here
C+C, of course~

Meguh maen
[Image: yPt0p.png]

Some mugshots
[Image: 63hGF.png]
And looked up to the sky
Thanked by: Garamonde
I've got to mention anatomy. While I have absolutely no clue of anatomy myself, Megaman still seems kinda off. The arms are noodly, the legs have different length, the boots entirely different size and he has no butt. His helmet appears quite asymetrical in the brow area, too. Generally, the piece looks a bit wonky.
Thanked by: Goemar, Thor, Garamonde
His gun arm is curved weirdly, his legs are far too short and well... basically all the proportions seem wrong.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: Thor
Attempted to fix; made his left boot shorter, made legs longer, tried to fix the arms (and yes, I am aware the hand looks goofy, but I'm not sure how to fix it entirely)
[Image: ss73E.png]
And looked up to the sky
I think the hand is too small, at least compared to the rest of his arm. Try making it bigger.
The way it's shaded also makes it a little hard to read. I have to look closely to be sure of
how his hand works.
Latest:
[Image: hMn12.png]

-Made hand larger
-Removed shading (temporarily?)
-Shifted his left leg a pixel because it looked slightly off to me
And looked up to the sky
Thanked by:
His fingers look like they're backwards now.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
itt I continue to struggle with hands
Tried to fix again
[Image: oQ7Ql.png]

EDIT: Accidentally linked the wrong image! Fixed.
And looked up to the sky
Looks better! I don't know if this was a stylistic choice or not but his lower torso (the darker blue "pants" area) should come up higher, up to... a little less than half his body up. Also his face still looks a little off to me. I think it has to do with his eyes. One looks closer to the middle of his helmet's point than the other and it gives off an almost derpy feeling. Either make his right (our left) eye farther away or bring the other one a bit closer to the middle.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Shifted his waist up a bit, moved his left (our right) eye a pixel to the left. I see what you mean now by it looking a little derpy.
[Image: WrStS.png]
And looked up to the sky
Much better. Good work!