Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My own spin on Rainbow Dash (Second sprite, constructive criticism please!)
I've changed what I want to do. Please look down there... At the newer posts. I'll also put the new sprite here....
Rainbow Dash:
I am raising some creatures. Help them grow before they die.
[Image: UHkBj.gif] [Image: QHWDL.gif] My Pokemonz! [Image: dragonpixel_727016.png] [Image: 64295733&trans=1.jpg]
Were we arguing? I'm sorry. -Fluttershy
Thanked by:
Seems kinda cool. A bit big maybe, but cool!
Thanked by: Ivyleaf1212
Thanks. Have any criticism?
Also, how's your Mario doing?
[Image: UHkBj.gif] [Image: QHWDL.gif] My Pokemonz! [Image: dragonpixel_727016.png] [Image: 64295733&trans=1.jpg]
Thanked by:
looks cool.
but for the sake of criticism,
the jaw line doesn't match the head shape,
The hind legs don't look to exist, maybe raise the side of the body into a little more of a bell curve,
the eyes are too close together, right ear looks too thin,
the nose and mouth are a little small.
These are nothing major and it looks good, but knit picking can't hurt.
Thanked by: Ivyleaf1212
(03-12-2012, 07:17 PM)Bombshell93 Wrote: looks cool.
The hind legs don't look to exist, maybe raise the side of the body into a little more of a bell curve,
Thanks! I'll make sure to work on those later... When my head isn't hurting and I'm not yawning.
Anyways, serious thanks. I should probably make a sprite with my tablet too, if possible, then fix it up. That might look better.
Thanked by:
(03-12-2012, 07:06 PM)Ivyleaf1212 Wrote: Thanks. Have any criticism?
Also, how's your Mario doing?

I'm just finishing the shading on the new one now!
I think it should look a bit more like a sprite than a drawing...
Thanked by:
What are you planning on doing from this point on? Is this the end goal you have in mind? You should pull up a reference, this is what Google pulled up:
[Image: 4HU2X.jpg]
There are a few differences between this and yours. The eyes have a red border around them and little red slits below, and the red circle in the reference is different from yours, there isn't a cross shape. The shape could be refined to reflect the shape of the head, your example is like it was applied to a flat wall, instead of a head that has a curvature to it. The shoulders also have the curls and a pen tuft, and the tail is more like a pen soaked in ink (likely an intended effect! Wink) instead of the curls. Some things to consider if you're aiming for accuracy!

You can also work on some other things to improve the piece, for example consider how the reference varies the line thickness, some areas are clearly thicker while some others are thinner. Try doing something similar with yours! You can also work on shading (and in the process learn how to pick some good palettes) or antialiasing your lineart.
Thanked by: Ivyleaf1212, Garamonde
the problem is that you make it look like a cat when.... it's a dog-like animal.

the red patterns on its face doesn't follow the curve of its snout, making it terribly flat. Also the lack of shading helps making it even flatter in that respect.

Do not use MS Paint default colors and/or tools like circle shapes or lines, they are generally ugly and should be avoided.

finally aside from being a white cub with red details, it doesn't look like chibiterasu at all.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Gwen, Ivyleaf1212, Garamonde
Thanks, guys. I'll work on this when I get home.
I'm actually at school right now XD
Thanked by:
(03-12-2012, 07:17 PM)Bombshell93 Wrote: looks cool.

[/protonstylepost]
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Okay, guys, I decided I didn't want to do Chibiterasu and decided to do something I'd be more dedicated to. Sorry it's so big, when I did the sketch I didn't notice that I wasn't on 100% zoom. I was really on I think 30%. Well, anyways, what do you think about it so far? I want constructive criticism. The eyes and color are not done yet, but I don't want to move any farther yet.
Thanked by:
Protip: Scale it down. It's way too big for you too handle. Not even I would tackle such a huge piece as pixel art.

The anatomy is really wonky. The limbs bend in the weirdest ways. Her "upper arms" are fat, the hind legs are broken, the wings grow out of her shoulders (FiM places wings rather at the back, in some frames at the butt, but never so far at the front). The neck is fat, the head is small. The ears don't look like pony ears at all - don't get them confused with cat ears, there's a huge difference! And don't get me started on the wings Wink
Thanked by: Garamonde
(03-15-2012, 04:44 PM)Previous Wrote: Protip: Scale it down. It's way too big for you too handle. Not even I would tackle such a huge piece as pixel art.

The anatomy is really wonky. The limbs bend in the weirdest ways. Her "upper arms" are fat, the hind legs are broken, the wings grow out of her shoulders (FiM places wings rather at the back, in some frames at the butt, but never so far at the front). The neck is fat, the head is small. The ears don't look like pony ears at all - don't get them confused with cat ears, there's a huge difference! And don't get me started on the wings Wink

As I said, it's my own spin on things, so it's going to look weird.
And I'm not sure how to scale it down without redoing the whole thing... How should I?
Thanked by:
"My own spin on things" shouldn't be an excuse for anatomical wonkiness.
That's just my opinion.
Just restart from scratch.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
wait is it a dog a cat or a horse im confused
Thanked by: Gors, Previous, Sonikku, Garamonde