Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Imakuni? in Pokemon Black/White style
If you don't know who Imakuni is, he's a crazy Japanese singer who promoted the Pokemon Trading Card Game. He appeared as a trainer in the Trading Card video game. Here he is.

[Image: scaled.php?server=851&filename=imakuni.png&res=medium]

[Image: iconimakuni.png]
Thanked by:
Moved this over to Spriting and Pixel Art, since it has a few things that can be worked on before trying to submit it, especially on the trainer sprite. The only shading you have is a directly diagonal line whereas it should be following the shape of his body and clothes. Speaking of which, with a shape like that especially there should be more detail to the clothing, otherwise it looks like just an incredibly odd body shape.

Also, why are the things atop his head shaped differently between the overworld sprites and the trainer sprite?

For the general design, I remember him having more of a bodysuit, honestly, which would require an entirely different clothing design.
Thanked by:
Devicho, I already moved that here. XD
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
that's because it's just a lousy edit.

boy, you do have a lot things to learn not just in pixelart, but in general art as a whole.

I'll let others give criticisms because I'm sleepy as fuck and I can't think properly when half asleep; I'll try helping you later.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde
(03-09-2012, 11:04 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Devicho, I already moved that here. XD
Oh, I didn't even see it. I'll go delete the duplicate thread.
Thanked by:
i hardly see anything worthy to be criticized or even commented on this, besides being a terribly lazy edit with barely any merit.

the only thing i would avoid in general is putting your email on the sheet, or any personal or contact info.
Thanked by:
Sad

Crap, I worked hard on this (Trainer sprite was a bit lazy, though)! God, is it really THAT bad? I'll try and fix it up a bit.

Thanked by:
the problem isn't just that its bad, though saying that its nothing to be proud of with the lack of definition or detail.
Its the fact that its a lazy edit, void of original works. Very least if you do an edit call it an edit rather than a style.
Its almost a recolour, in that all you've done is changed the colour of an existing sprites clothes.
I don't aim to offend or upset you, but it is what it is.
Thanked by:
Just keep in mind that no matter how harsh our crit. may be, we are not flaming and only trying to help you. That's just how this community rolls.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: soulcaliburfan
(03-10-2012, 10:06 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Just keep in mind that no matter how harsh our crit. may be, we are not flaming and only trying to help you. That's just how this community rolls.

Alright, I'll try to make it better.
Thanked by:
(03-10-2012, 11:32 AM)Powerstars321 Wrote:
(03-10-2012, 10:06 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Just keep in mind that no matter how harsh our crit. may be, we are not flaming and only trying to help you. That's just how this community rolls.

first of all, don't bother trying to make this better if you're going to continue editing it. Chances are you're probably going to make it worse than it is.

If you want to do something to at least hone you're skills as a pixel artist, then you need to do something completely from scratch. this means you can't edit a sprite you think could make you're character.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Garamonde
(03-10-2012, 04:09 PM)Scumbag Steve Wrote:
(03-10-2012, 11:32 AM)Powerstars321 Wrote:

first of all, don't bother trying to make this better if you're going to continue editing it. Chances are you're probably going to make it worse than it is.

If you want to do something to at least hone you're skills as a pixel artist, then you need to do something completely from scratch. this means you can't edit a sprite you think could make you're character.

Well, I might as well quit now. Sad
I'm going to edit it further anyways, I have already poured too much work into it to just start over! If it sucks, then I suck too, I put lots of effort into it.

[Image: scaled.php?server=43&filename=imakuni.png&res=medium]

Is that any better? I've tried making custom sprites before, but they really didn't go anywhere. If this still sucks, I'll try making a custom anyways.
Thanked by:
again I mean no offence but I don't see any area that would take effort, its minutes work for the worst of sprite artists.
also I do not see much of a difference in the sprite, base some lighting taken away and hair turned dark.

If your going to try making a custom (strongly recommended) at least then there would be something to comment on to help you get better,
but this as is can only be crit'd based on the original sprite, which isn't your work for crits.

Quote:Well, I might as well quit now.
I'm going to edit it further anyways, I have already poured too much work into it to just start over! If it sucks, then I suck too, I put lots of effort into it.
No need to quite, everyone starts somewhere, get into some customs and with helpful crits you'll be learning 10fold than what could be said for this edit alone.
If an artists work sucks it doesn't mean they suck. You have to deal with criticisms, when our mistakes are revealed we can learn from them.
Thanked by: Gors, Garamonde
(03-10-2012, 05:55 PM)Bombshell93 Wrote: again I mean no offence but I don't see any area that would take effort, its minutes work for the worst of sprite artists.
also I do not see much of a difference in the sprite, base some lighting taken away and hair turned dark.

If your going to try making a custom (strongly recommended) at least then there would be something to comment on to help you get better,
but this as is can only be crit'd based on the original sprite, which isn't your work for crits.

Quote:Well, I might as well quit now.
No need to quite, everyone starts somewhere, get into some customs and with helpful crits you'll be learning 10fold than what could be said for this edit alone.
If an artists work sucks it doesn't mean they suck. You have to deal with criticisms, when our mistakes are revealed we can learn from them.

Alright. How bad is it really. On a scale of 1-10. I will start making customs, but not right away.
Thanked by:
that's the problem, there isn't anything to judge. the shape and form is someone else's work, all you've done is pick a colour. There isn't anything bar that colour to judge and all I can judge is its a bit too dark.
Thanked by: