Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Barbariccia
[Image: barbaricciawip2.png]
ANATOMY PROBLEMS >Sad Still a WIP, the proportions keep bugging me. It looks like her bottom half is too large and the extended leg is too short/not positioned properly but I'm too unsure on what the correction should be. The torso looks misaligned with the bottom half too, I'm going to play around with that in the morning.

also boobs

Pose is based off this:
[Image: barbaricciaref.png]
It's difficult to say when really you've not finished the total shading, but I think that the bent leg actually is the only one anatomically "iffy" - her knee is minuscule.
Her left (our right) arm also looks slight odd, but I'm not really sure why...
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
I like what you've done so far. Yeah, there is a tiny proportional problem, though I think the boobs are fine. However, I think the hair and panties needs some kind of outline or it just blends in with the background, and what are them random lines everywhere? I'm sure they have purpose but right now it looks like some kind of scribble on MS Paint. The outlining for the limbs are a bit queer, I also recommend thinning them a bit (I like your color choice for the outline though). The fingers on the hand need some kind of distinction to make it look like it's... a hand. Good job on the shading for the actual muscles though, can't wait to see this perfected.
I used to be social.
But then I took an arrow to the knee.
Thanked by:
the bra 'melts' with the skin tone, use another yellow tone to make it not look like flesh

also considering the whole piece, make the skin shading tend to green, it'll combine with her hair color.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
[Image: jvCi]
Just some palette edits at the moment, and I moved her head. I don't like the skin palette anymore Very Sad (Will have to play around with it later) The bra palette will have to be tweaked too. Removed some unnecessary layers for now too.

I haven't focused on the arms too much at the moment because the body keeps annoying me; once I get something I like about it I'll start working on those (and also filling out all the random scribbles I added.) The hair will likely be outlined when I'm done, the panties (actually loincloth Tongue) are just there for decency, I haven't thought hard about how I want to handle those yet.
Thanked by: Gwen
I much prefer the first palette. The colors really pop'd, especially mixing the blue for the eyes and lips on the warm skin tone. Monochrome just doesn't give that same feeling for me. Keep working hard man!
Heart
Thanked by:
I think you exxagerated on the green tones now; the light yellow was good; I'd just shift the darker tones (and even then, it would be only a little.)

sorry for not explaining it better Sick
Thanked by:
(03-05-2012, 09:41 AM)Delicious Wrote: I much prefer the first palette.
I do too.
(03-04-2012, 11:47 PM)x0_000 Wrote: the panties (actually loincloth Tongue)
The word panties sticks too me... too much Japanese perversion corrupting my mind.
I used to be social.
But then I took an arrow to the knee.
Thanked by:
(03-05-2012, 02:12 PM)SimplyMatt Wrote: The word panties sticks too me... too much Japanese perversion corrupting my mind.

Not quite enough to be calling them "pantsu", though.
Thanked by: SimplyMatt, recme
A tiny update:
[Image: jMTc]
Cleaned up the other bra, did a bit of hand work (looks pretty small though, I'll need to fix it later.) and changed the skin palette to something much less nauseating Smile More of an earthy tone?
Thanked by: Gwen, Jawnsunn
exactly what I meant c:

the reddish tones you were using for body outlining wasn't good imo, now that you've changed it into a brown, it fits the best.

again sorry for my wreack of a post before :1
Thanked by:
[Image: kBfp.png]
An update! You may noticed I have amputated her arm for now. That is because when I started working on the proportions I noticed it was the LANKIEST arm and I don't have anymore time right now to get something I like. In other news, I added a shade of skin to the palette and shrank the range to make it smoother, and fixed up the blue/yellow to compensate. I also tweaked her anatomy, the lower leg has been played around with, tried making her boobs more even and tried matching the shade of her.

There's also a tiny bit of dithering on the leg I was using to see if I could work with it for this piece.

Hopefully more to come this week orz.
Thanked by: Gwen, Proton, SimplyMatt
Looking good. For the prominent knee, I'd make it more defined. She looks like she goes into flipper-baby territory.
Great stuff though. any old-school FF art gets he excited.Big Grin
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
hey there x0!
i've got some issues understanding the pose/depth of the character. i've made three edits (i know this is the previous version of your sprite but little has changed in the areas i'm tweaking) to see what seems to work best for what you're trying to do:
[Image: h4gyH.png]
i hope it helps.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

I'll admit, the second one (top right) is looking good. Thanks for the feedback!
Thanked by: