Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
suddenly tiles???
ive done jack shit(sprite wise) since i last posted here so im trying to get back into the groove of things with some tiles
[Image: iaza13840946520000.gif]
annndd a quick test to see if they work together
[Image: iaza13840997435600.png]

C+C as much as you want
Personally I think a slight curve on the corner pieces might look good ... and possibly a 'blending' of different tiles, so grass and sand sort of "speckle" (?) together rather than have a hard edge ... sorry I'm abit new to terminology and what not.

Other than that looks rather neat when all put together, puts me in the mind of Alex the Kidd or Super Mario Bros 2.
Thanked by:
there is no reason to not work on making the edges more natural.
Thanked by:
[Image: iaza13840992021700.png]
aight i got rid of the sharp edges and changed up certain bits to look ... right?
i didnt want to go too far with the grass on the corners so it didnt look out of style from the rest of it, the sand will get done later when ive got a little more time Cute
That definitely looks alot better to me, maybe just have the underside blocks as dirt? Lil odd to have grass growing upside down (but it looks good either way).
Thanked by:
keeping the grass underside because i plan to add vines
[Image: iaza13840910323100.png]
holy shit, is that sand? ... it IS sand, shame the ocean looks so barren, i should fix that
i'd go for a more stylish approach where sand connects with the solid ground, seeing as everything has been done in that particular way.

you have a fine piece of work on your hands right now, its time to improve it even futher and see how far you can go with this.
Thanked by: JellyFrog
I can have a bit of a play about with it later and see if i can make it more fitting or something.
[Image: iaza13840924087600.png]
hey look at that, vines that dont god damn fit, maybe if i had a more tropical set they would- more seaweed+bubbles, sky and one random shell for the lulz
I made the sky dull because of how bright(?) the grass and water is, i tried to have a blue blue sky and it just looked wrong
I can imagine some type of Cave Story game with these.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: recme
actually

terraria would had looked way nicer with a set like this one.
honestly, if i could be bothered to edit all the terraria tiles i totally would but for now i'll just stick to random tiling :c
[Image: iaza13840921822600.png]
itty bitty test of the jungle grass set??
[Image: iaza13840959513000.png]
plus some changes to the first set
[Image: iaza13840953075700.gif]
ughh ive been trying to fix his for about an hour now, help?
shes supposed to be doing some stupid ... bop or something???
Thanked by:
Try changing the body colour to something not so similar to white. It's very hard to see what's going on.
Thanked by:
whoops, sorry
[Image: iaza13840933114100.gif]
Thanked by:
I know it is stylized, but the arms look a tad short. Her knees sould probably bend, it looks just weird as it is now.
Thanked by: