Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mega Men
[Image: megamand.png]

I am fairly pleased with how Mega Man came out, but less so with Dr. Light. I am mostly content with his body (maybe change the shoulders) but what bothers me enormously is his head. I've tried a lot but his face just won't come out right, no matter what I try. I tried making his face like Rock, but that didn't look right, so I tried making his face like the 8-bit Dr. Light, with varying degrees of eyebrow thickness, but it seems I just can't get it right. I could really use some C+C here.
Thanked by: Garamonde, recme, Shade, Thor
[Image: Klnyx.png]
rounded the beard a bit more, and thats all. as far as megaman goes, i dont see anything wrong with it either.
Thanked by: Garamonde, Gwen, Thor, recme
Now with more Mega Man recolours characters.

[Image: megamanl.png]
Thanked by:
I don't see improvements from the original NES Megaman at all. It's too similar to be of any challenge imo.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde, recme
I may agree with Gors about there being not that much challenge in it, but I do see a relative stance improvement over the originals. Except for Roll, who's slightly hunched, rather wide, and seems to her shoulders are too broad.
Overall, she looks more like a heftier megaman in drag, than a 10 year girl-housekeeper.

The center spike on protoman's headcrest looks like it leaning to far to his right.
Thanked by: Garamonde
(02-27-2012, 08:08 AM)Gors Wrote: I don't see improvements from the original NES Megaman at all. It's too similar to be of any challenge imo.
Perhaps not, but I plan to make something involving Mega Man sprites soon and I'm not a big fan of the chibi ''everyone-is-a-midget'' style.

(02-27-2012, 02:35 PM)Terminal Devastation Wrote: Except for Roll, who's slightly hunched, rather wide, and seems to her shoulders are too broad.
Overall, she looks more like a heftier megaman in drag, than a 10 year girl-housekeeper.

The center spike on protoman's headcrest looks like it leaning to far to his right.
I agree on both accounts, and the latter problem is already fixed. The first one, I'm still working on. I'm not too good with girly figures, I suppose.

Thanked by:
i can actually see these as a challenge. in fact, there is a huge challenge behind being able to redraw the originals prites and grant them a more elaborated, less functional visual. and i can say i like these more than the original ones for the same reason.

this is a great example on how the style of the sprites may change drastically the mood of the game, the original sprites were way more cartoony, childish in their desing, while these seem more mature and serious.

roll needs a better pose. she's not going to work with the same stance everyone has been drawn so far.
Thanked by: Jawnsunn
I can see what you meant, but to me, it looks like NES Megaman's head in another body. The biggest difference would be Dr. Light, but the rest feels like the same thing over and over.

While it can be challenging, I'm sure more challenge would be achieved by using another style. Just my two cents, no need to flip out the tables hahaha
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: megaMasquerain