Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
XXKSXX1's sprite stuff
I don't know anymore so...
This is the first sprite sheet I've done.
[Image: xxmegamanxx1spritesheet.png]
I hope you like it...
You could add this to the Custom Sprites page if you like... Not yet...
Also this has been hotfixed.
Thanked by:
You JPEG'd the image.
Save the sheet as a PNG.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
(02-24-2012, 07:18 PM)ShadeDBZ Wrote: You JPEG'd the image.
Save the sheet as a PNG.

Not jpeg'd, but shrunked. I'll discuss about the sprite later as when it gets fixed. In the meantime, there is too much blank space.
[Image: N2X18.png]

there is so much that needs to be fixed.
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by: Garamonde, Shade
...Do you feel proud of this crap?
Thanked by:
Have you ever actually LOOKED at a human? Because if you have, I'll wager they didn't flap their arms about and only keep them rotated at a 90 degree angle. I recommend you a. study human anatomy a bit and b. try something larger, and with more colours. It's a fundamental mistake a lot of people make when they start spriting to assume that because 8-bit sprites are smaller and use fewer colours they are easier to make. This is not the case. In fact, the opposite is true. It takes a lot more skill to create and make something looking good when using a lot of limitations than it does to create something with no limitation at all.

Also, don't spout crap about Megman not using human anatomy. Of course it uses human anatomy, but, because the guys who made the sprites had a good understanding of it, they could exaggerate certain features to best display the sprite with their limited size and colour palette.
Thanked by: Garamonde, recme
From what i see, it's supposed to be bad, but if it isn't, it's a little worrying if this isn't your first attempt, the way it walks is weird, and his firing sprite doesn't even seem to have a buster
Thanked by:
(02-24-2012, 07:44 PM)LeBikdark Wrote: ...Do you feel proud of this crap?

Really?
Like, seriously, that's your first post?

Do you feel proud of yourself?

Warned.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
[Image: nk0JX.png]
[/gorsstyletut]
Most of the stuff, hoeloe already covered up but I made this before this got posts.

Also, three new members at the same time

mind=blowned
Thanked by: Altrez
No, don't use the crappy blank space joke, that looks even worse than the blank space.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Crappy Blue Luigi
Sorry, I wasn't intending a joke. I see blank space in most sprite sheets nowadays so that's why.
Thanked by:
It's just that blank space joke makes a sprite sheet look amateur-ish, and has been done to death.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: recme, Shade
Actually, when you mention it, sprites actually do look amatuer-ish when they have this. Now I feel dum Ouch!
Thanked by: Garamonde
unironically speaking, your megaman isnt anywhere near being "better" than his megaman.
Thanked by: Gwen, Garamonde, Proton, Thor, Gors, BynineB
welp, I tried. I'm still learning anyway. It could have been worse.
Thanked by: Gors, Garamonde
i dont see OP being quite interested in posting again on this thread. i'd just lock it away.

if you feel like posting more content to this, feel free to drop me a note and i'll reopen it for you.
Thanked by: Garamonde