Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Custom Lucario
Sorry about never finishing the Pikmin, so you can down rep me all you want, but I just lost intrest in spriting Pikmin...

So, I have something I'll probobly finish here, due to me actually needing it for something, Instead of me making it for fun. So, here it is, a 100% custom Lucario! I need it for something, in that size, so I had to make it. Plus, It will be for brawl poses, so I guess that's why I'm making it. This is not supposed to be the same style as the Kirby, I just used it as a size comparison to get the size I wanted.

Reps:

Kirby By: Soulcaliburnfan
Lucario By: Joshr
Lucario Ripped by: Baruberry

Now, the sprite!

[Image: iaza12782631841500.png]

As usual, C+C is greatly appreciated!

Updated 2/10/12 8:12 PM (Central Time)

Thanked by:
Two things I noticed right away.

The back of his muzzle should curve a bit and instead of being like an angle
Another thing is that Lucario has a neck and your sprite doesn't.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
UPDATE:

Made the neck diferent, but It's still not noticable from far away, and fixed the corner problem

[Image: iaza16388252113600.png]
Thanked by:
(I'm not sure if there is a double post rule on here, but anyway)

Knowone was giving any critism, so I made something else, not a pose or something, just incase someone comes out of nowhere and tells me something else to fix. So, I made the Aura ball!

C+C is always appreciated

UPDATE:

[Image: iaza16388210893500.png]
Thanked by:
As long as it is your thread, and you're using the second post to update then you're fine.

My advice is to start with something bigger, finer details are a lot harder to express on smaller sprites.
Something I picked up early, from the other spriters on this forum.
With something bigger? I was trying to make it so the size fit that Kiby sprite, but I guess I can make a bigger one.

[Image: iaza16388251526000.png]

I'm aware that the hands are just circles, I'll work on those later
Thanked by: Shade
That's not too bad, but the face looks REALLY weird. His nose appears to be perfectly side-on, while his ears indicate that it should be about 30 degrees towards the screen, resulting in it looking very stretched.
Thanked by: Shade
The big sprite looks sort of... chunky. Lucario is mostly slender, so your sprite should be the same.
Take a look at his artwork, here.
As you can see, his paws and arms are neatly connected, and his ears are very prominent. And, his torso is shorter than his legs and isn't rectangular.

Try giving him a more natural pose, too.
Thanked by:
I wasn't sure how to change the pose, but I did everything else!

[Image: iaza16388240658500.png]

I don't know why I used to not listen to critism, It really helps!
Thanked by: Garamonde, Lemonray
It's a lot better Smile
Thanked by:
Now, the next step is for the fists and the tail, which I slightly edited the fist to make it look better, and made the tail. C+C please!

[Image: iaza16388237995900.png]
Thanked by:
His nose should be slightly pointed.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
Nose pointier, Super mushroom started, Poison Mushroom edited, and side of head started for Idle poses.

[Image: iaza16388236736700.png]
Thanked by:
Added Rob, naw, he's a toaster...

Decided to make Rob Because I finished the Lucario base, Probably going to work on both of them, due to rob being simple enough to make. I'll finish the Lucario Idle Frame soon, but as for right now, how is Rob? (The reason I haven't started on Lucario's Idle Sprites is because I can't get it to look right. I'll try again and see how it turns out after I update the first post)

Also, don't worry! Lucario is still the main priority! I will not make the same mistake as my, um, earlier sprite-work...

[Image: iaza12782631841500.png]

(Hey, could someone get me a picture of Lucario in his idle pose, I can't find one, heh heh)
Thanked by: