Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The KA Nintendo Project
hello I'm Goomba X and I'll be running the KA mario project. Gangster guy originaly made this project but he later turned out to be a troll so I took over. But exept of only mario characters I changed it so you can also sprite stuffs from different series. I'll probly only focose on making the list for the mario stuffs though. You are free to sprite any character that is on the list too.
- this is KA style not any other
- no small recolors and stuff like that
- you don't need any special permission so anyone can join
- if your gona reserve a character then plese get a WIP to show us as ASAP......ish
so have fun Big Grin
KA Tutorial
SMSC size chart made by Ridge Troopa
oh and could you guys repost your WIPs from the old topic please?(exept gangster guy's)

Super Mario Brothers
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Wario
Yoshi
Waluigi
Toad
Goomba species - ville10
Koopa species
Lakitu species
Blooper species
Pranaplant species - Green Fire Kirby
Shyguy species - Crazy70
Boo species
Bob-omb species - Goomba X
Cataquack - Cool Yoshi
Bowser
Bowser Jr - Devicho
Goomboss
Boom Boom
Kammy
Kamek & Toady
King Boo (there are 3 different ones)
King Bob-omb
items
Tiles

Legend Of Zelda
Link (original, dark, young, chose whatever you want to do though)
Zelda
Sheik
Ganon
Ganondorf

Kirby
(any other kirby peoples that didn't appear in the KA styled games)

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixey Kong
Kiddie Kong
Tiny Kong
Chuckey Kong
King K Rool
Kremlings

Pokemon
Pikachu
pokemon trainer
(there are like 500 of them so it shouldn't be that hard to chose a pokemon character XP)

Starfox
Fox
Falco
Slippy
Peppy
Crystle
Andross
ROB

Other
(I guess you can do some characters from other companys but don't go too far)
I AM the real Sonic
[Image: CQ2SON5WIAAGreM.jpg]
Thanked by:
Okay. I'm doing the Piranha Plant family.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:
(08-23-2008, 06:18 AM)Green Fire Kirby Wrote: Okay. I'm doing the Piranha Plant family.
great start but you should have his mouth open wider when he's biting.
I AM the real Sonic
Thanked by:
Finally we have A reasonable leader, thats not a troll, so people get posting! Also GoombaX explain tilesets and minor stuff too like Gangster Guy, and here is my Cataquack,
[Image: kacataquackkj6.png]
Gifts
[ PK - TomGuycott - MoneyMan ]
Thanked by:
Quote:Hey, I thought I might do something to help you guys out, although I can't say I'll be participating otherwise.

Here's a size comparison between Mario and Kirby that was posted in the Smash Bros. Project thread.

[Image: MarioandKirbyComparison.png]

Then, here's a size chart between most of the main cast of the Mario series. I figured you could use them with each other to relate the sizes of Mario and Kirby characters more easily. Hope they're useful!

(The size chart is a bit large to post in image form, so I'll post a link to it instead.)
http://i34.tinypic.com/110hhtx.jpg

I posted these in the last topic, they would probably be helpful here, too. The size comparisons in the Smash Bros. Project thread might be helpful as well, seeing as this has been expanded to other game series.
Thanked by:
Hm...... that isn't a good ref, most of the sizes are incorrect.
I AM the real Sonic
Thanked by:
How is that?
Thanked by:
look at this
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb56/...CRefs1.png
and diddy kong is the hight of mario too
I AM the real Sonic
Thanked by:
That's from a more top down perspective where it's hard to get a clear height. The one Sol posted is correct.
Thanked by:
(08-24-2008, 10:29 AM)Darkshot Wrote: That's from a more top down perspective where it's hard to get a clear height. The one Sol posted is correct.
yeah but all of the frames are from that perspective so it would be correct non the less. In the ref that sol sent it is a good ref for character design but the baby mario bros, goomba, koopa, drybone and others are too small.
I AM the real Sonic
Thanked by:
. . . Look, I understand Nintendo made this. But Nintendo is made up of defective humans just like ourselves. Anyone who's trying to use that Mario size chart needs to do some serious comparing for themselves. Trust the people here, it's WRONG. I promise you, if you would just compare you'd see that it's not accurate. Koopas are a perfect example.

Darkshot, if you compared from the direct front on those MSC screens it's still the same. (By direct front I mean not the highest point, but the highest point if it were seen from eye level.)

EDIT: And don't ask me to post comparisons. I've already done it myself 578345 times.

EDIT 2: This size chart ISN'T a good ref for size. However it IS a good ref for front profiles.

BACK TO MAIN TOPIC.
Cool Yoshi, I adore your Cataquacks. Perfect.
GFC, Go for something more custom. Editing AJ's M&L Piranha plants is a bad idea.
Thanked by:
Parakoopa is right, also look at SMS, Bowser is OVERSIZED, anything could be wrong you know, also I have a Cataquack update, I finished the flinging poses,
[Image: kacataquackge2.png]
Gifts
[ PK - TomGuycott - MoneyMan ]
Thanked by:
awsome job CY =P
and I think I may have fixed the shading on chuckya
[Image: KAmariostuffs.png]
And I'm gona make him part of the bob-omb species cause he looks alot like them.
and I'm still working on bob-omb too
I AM the real Sonic
Thanked by:
I call shyguys.
So he found the heart in barren land
It was beating, still alive
He held it gently in his hand
And looked up to the sky
Thanked by:
Well, since GG topic is closed, I'll post this one.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=909]
Don't mind the right goomba (it sux Tongue).
I guess you could use it but, don't expect me to animate it, because that will end in failure.
If someone else can, animate it please.
Dazz Wrote:I might be awesome, but I'm not super human.

[Image: xs28iqty.png]
Click here to level up my card!
Thanked by: