Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
the Masquerade
felt like it was time for a new topic, since people were getting confused by my old one.

[Image: kagami-1.png]

This is actually an edit of an old lineart of mine from last year or so:

[Image: gakirework.png]

aaaand that's about the only worthwhile thing I've done recently, barring an image of a fantroll I made for fun (and Metaru said he'd ban anybody who posted fantrolls).
Looks promising. The facial features are maybe a bit large compared to the size of the head?
Thanked by: Azure-Tranquility
Minor update:
[Image: kagami-2.png]

Plus some new junk:

[Image: mother3wow.gif]

[Image: mother3wowx2.gif]

5 of my WoW RP characters in MOTHER3 style.

EDIT to say: the MOTHER3 sprites are custom, though I referenced a few of the character sprites (notably Claus on the goblin) and used the colors from the game.
More work on the portrait

[Image: kagami-3.png]

Decided to use Dawnbringer's 16 color palette for the time being. Probably going to switch to my own colors when I'm done.
Well, I do like the looks of the hair detailing you have made so far.
Thanked by:
Page 3? BLASPHEMY!

[Image: HsIxt.gif]

A fake Pokemon in RSEFRLG restrictions/style.
Thanked by: Garamonde
Not sure about the face on that one, and the tail looks to be at the wrong angle...
Thanked by:
Yeah, it looks like it's being viewed from behind.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
Would I be able to fix that by moving the plates and reshading it or should I reposition the tail entirely?
Thanked by:
I think you have to mess with the way it wraps around the body. The way it comes out over the leg like that doesn't really make any sense. Tails are behind and center.
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by:
Maybe move it back a bit and darken the shading? I can see what you mean by over the leg, but I intended it to look back more. Hrm.
Thanked by:
From the positioning of the sprite it looks like the back should be completely overshadowing the tail, try something like this? I added a heavy line (maybe too heavy Tongue) The one on the right is just working out how the lighting should work. The tail also made the figure look off-balance when I added that change so I moved it around until it stopped bugging me.
[Image: gdSB]
By the way, your rendering of the rocky back is pretty awesome, keep it up! Big Grin
[Image: bunyip-2.gif]

I don't think this looks much better but I'm posting it anyways

[Image: bunyip1.gif]

first stage

[Image: daliraffe.gif]

NEW KATAWA SHOUJO GIRLFRIEND CRUTCH GIRAFFE

(in all seriousness...)
Thanked by: Gwen, Sengir, Garamonde, recme
You've done a fire animal before, any reason you're not rendering the fire in a similar way?
Thanked by:
Was trying to do a combination of Moltres and Charmander's 3rd gen fire.

[Image: 146.png][Image: 004.png]

I'm trying to imitate the 3rd gen style in general for these sprites
Thanked by: