Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
It is possible to rip sprites from Xbox and PS3's games?
I'm new in the world of sprite ripping or at least, the world in which you need a special program to see the image files of the games. I have little knowledge about hacking such files; I know the basic of it:

1º) You need to decompress the game with a special program.
2º) You have to search the image files you're looking for.
3º) Open the image files with another special program that allows you to see them, so then you can rip the sprites.

But if you ask me the details of this process, I've no idea. I don't know which programs I have to use to do the mentioned above or how I can save the sprites in .bmp or in another image format that the computer recognizes.

So... This process is the same to rip sprites from Xbox and PS3 or there is another way? And which are the programs I need to use? Question

PS: I'm interested to rip all the sprites (character sheets and backgrounds) from "Scott Pilgrim VS The World: The Game", which is avaliable in Xbox and PS3. Which is the easier version to rip, by the way? Question I don't want to rip both versions.

If someone helps me, I'll appreciate it. Smile Oh, and sorry for my english.
Thanked by:
I would have to say that the PS3 version is easier, because I dont think anybody has ever ripped from an xbox game. If you would like to decompress/extract files then Noesis is your best bet.
[Image: bannermdo.png]

Type 0 - Final Fantasy, Crisis Core, Twilight Princess, Bleach, and more
Thanked by: Reko
(01-03-2012, 10:25 PM)GrimmJeel Wrote: I would have to say that the PS3 version is easier, because I dont think anybody has ever ripped from an xbox game. If you would like to decompress/extract files then Noesis is your best bet.

Thank you! Though I still have my doubts... Noesis is a program? I've searched but I can't find where I can download it.
Thanked by: GrimmJeel
Here. Wink

Yeah I know, it's hard to find. Tongue There are also plugins there you can download if you can find use for them.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Reko
(01-04-2012, 12:52 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Here. Wink

Yeah I know, it's hard to find. Tongue There are also plugins there you can download if you can find use for them.

Oh, thank you! But I is possible to rip 2D sprites with this too?
Thanked by:
Unfortunate no, Noesis only views and exports models. Sad
Thanked by:
(01-04-2012, 01:14 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Unfortunate no, Noesis only views and exports models. Sad

Oh, well... Then, I have to keep searching. I know someone has done this before, ripping 2D sprites from PS3 games, so there must be a way to do the same with the "Scott Pilgrim VS The World" game! If I find it, maybe I'll post a tutorial and the sprites here.
Thanked by: Garamonde
It can only export .png, .bmp, .tga image formats
[Image: bannermdo.png]

Type 0 - Final Fantasy, Crisis Core, Twilight Princess, Bleach, and more
Thanked by:
PNG is the widely used format for sprites here, so that should be okay. Smile
Thanked by:
(01-05-2012, 10:28 AM)GrimmJeel Wrote: It can only export .png, .bmp, .tga image formats

What? I don't understand... What you mean? Noesis? But somebody told me that it just can see models not 2D sprites.
(01-05-2012, 02:09 PM)John2k4 Wrote: PNG is the widely used format for sprites here, so that should be okay. Smile

I know that .png is the format which you use to save the sprite sheets. If that wasn't what you mean, then I don't know...
Thanked by:
Noesis can see images. The sprites in Xbox/PS3 games just might require conversion by a separate program before they can be viewed.
Eh? I didn't know it could do that... though I don't see what the point of viewing them in Noesis would be.
Thanked by: John2k4
I assemble sprite sheets in GIMP, since it's free and powerful.
Import individual images/sprites as layers, use rulers to to make everything line up nicely, and then export everything as a PNG file to preserve the alpha channel (which is transparency).
(01-05-2012, 03:22 PM)John2k4 Wrote: Noesis can see images. The sprites in Xbox/PS3 games just might require conversion by a separate program before they can be viewed.

Interesting, but I don't know how this can help me. I want to extract 2D sprites from a PS3 game, not seeing a sprite sheet with Noesis.
(01-05-2012, 03:56 PM)John2k4 Wrote: I assemble sprite sheets in GIMP, since it's free and powerful.
Import individual images/sprites as layers, use rulers to to make everything line up nicely, and then export everything as a PNG file to preserve the alpha channel (which is transparency).

I have always used paint to do so, but GIMP sounds much better. It is an online program or you can download it somewhere?
Thanked by:
(01-05-2012, 04:20 PM)RyourR Wrote: I have always used paint to do so, but GIMP sounds much better. It is an online program or you can download it somewhere?

You can download GIMP here.

As for extracting the sprites & graphics - can you find out what format they seem to be stored in on the game disc?
Thanked by: