Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
need help, psp sprites
so... hi, let me introduce myself i´m pinguijose, no need to say that i am new on this... well not at all, but this is my first time trying to ripp sprites from a psp.

i´m trying with the game "Queen´s gate: Spiral Chaos", and i got a psp (cough*Hacked*cough) and the remoteJoy to watch and save the video on the pc... is there any way to remove layers from psp cause the game have one hell of effects layers or... if ther is an easy way to ripp sprites from the psp
[Image: nyan_neku.gif]
Thanked by:
I don't know anything in least about ripping sprites from PSP games, but I can tell you that you'll have more luck removing layers and whatnot with an emulator. From what I know, even hacked PSPs can't do anything that fancy.

But don't take my word for it, as I said I don't know much about PSP sprites ripping (or PSPs in general).
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
Yeah I have not heard of many people being able to get sprites/backgrounds from PSP. Unfortunately as more newer systems are released, there will probably be less and less sprites from these newer games.

I am wondering how many 3DS games are going to appear on sprite sites like this. At least there are still tons of games from the older systems to be used as sprite sheets.
Thanked by:
well, thank you anyway guys, i ain't gonna give up i´ll find another way.
[Image: nyan_neku.gif]
Thanked by:
Well, to start off, I'm pretty sure that PSP emulators don't have layer disabling.

And secondly, the best thing you could probably do is to download UMDGen (assuming you have the ISO for the game you want to rip), and follow the instructions to extract the files from the ISO, then you can tell us what types of files you see (like .DATs, .BINs, etc.). Hopefully the data won't be compressed in some unknown way. I wish you luck, as I've been trying to rip graphics and models from a certain PSP game myself with no success as of late.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Or you use DemonTools/MagicIso to mount your ISO on your harddrive. With this, you can access the data as well.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
Moved to QIT.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Garamonde
(01-02-2012, 01:58 PM)Alucard Wrote: Yeah I have not heard of many people being able to get sprites/backgrounds from PSP. Unfortunately as more newer systems are released, there will probably be less and less sprites from these newer games.

I am wondering how many 3DS games are going to appear on sprite sites like this. At least there are still tons of games from the older systems to be used as sprite sheets.

to be fair I think it would be safe to say that 3ds game models and textures will be put on their respective resource sites.

TSR isn't necessarily a "Spriters" site anymore, more like a graphics general.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Garamonde, AAD_ADD