Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ness (Paper Mario Style)
[Image: paperness2.png]

These are my edited sprites of Mario from Paper Mario 1 made to look like Ness from the Mother Series. I hope you like them! Please let me know if you think they should be changed in any way.
I'm walking in place... Are you amused?
Thanked by:
Wow, I don't believe a Mod has not gotten to this already.

First of, you need to put this in Spriting and Pixel Art to get some criticism, and improve it enough for it to be submitted.

And BTW, I also do think that your Ness needs to have his hat a bit bigger, and a bit lower.
Thanked by: Garamonde, Yo-Yo Boy
Since it's an edit of Mario, in order for this to be the best it can be, you'd need to start from scratch. It might seem difficult, but we can help you get better if you're willing to try.

Also what sponge said above.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Moving this to Spriting and Pixelart
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Wow! Thanks! I'll be sure to do so!
Thanked by: Garamonde
Yeah, the hat looks too much like it's too small - It looks like it's pressed onto Ness's skull because it's so small. Like it shrunk while he was wearing it. And I'm also pretty sure he wears his cap higher (tilted toward the back, so you could see under the bill if he's facing you).

See here.
~ Returned from the brink ~

My submissions - My other sheets

Okay, I edited it a little bit. I made the hat bigger, and lowered it. I also edited his face. PLEASE COMMENT!!!!!!!
Thanked by: sponge7325
it looks terrible. it simply doesnt work as a mario edit. specially knowing that ness is a rather cheerful, non chubby kid.
Yeah, you could make Ness a bit thinner, and he could look a bit happier.

But the hat is looking MUCH better now.
Thanked by:
The bill of the hat should be a bit longer. Otherwise, it looks abnormal. Look at the back of Ness's head: the hat's edge blends into Ness's hair edge.
Also, the hands look way too big. Ness isn't a "fighter" in the sense of fist-fighting, so his hands don't need to be that big.
And yeah, he's supposed to be a happy-type character. Give him a smile! Smile
~ Returned from the brink ~

My submissions - My other sheets

Okay, based on every responce I got, I changed Ness. I made him skinny, and gave him a smile. I also made his shoes pointier in stead of keeping them round. Hope you like 'em! Smile
Thanked by:
His face looks smooshed.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

it simply doesnt work as a mario edit.
Have you tried to "look" at your sprite edit - like y'know use it as a reference - but start it from scratch. Slowly work your way out of the editing, but you can still rely on them. But not directly!