Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Jawnsunn's WIP-fest
Hey dudes, just putting out my finished and WIP works here. I would really like some critisism if you guys have the time, I would really like to improve on my art.
[Image: GunS1.png]
[Image: 1VoV5.gif]
[Image: qJ6T1.gif]

NEW!
[Image: zKe4y.png]
[Image: uH7RV.png]
On the second one, the afro looks misaligned to me. I think it should be over to the right more. Try flipping your image around to get a fresh look at it and play with it. It's also a little distracting that his farther leg is made up of pixel clusters that are so clearly broken. Try smoothening them out like the other ones.

On the bottom one, I'm not sure what the hat is even supposed to be. Is it a cap? The brim shouldn't be popping up like that then. It kind of looks like...a duck, with the white being the pupil, or something. Whatever's going on with the side of his face isn't really readable either. The outline looks pretty indecisive, too, the way it has dark outlines here and there but not in other spots. It's okay to have outlines like that, but they should be placed with reason.

These are pretty fun, though. I hope you enjoy your time at tsr!
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by:
Animating punches is a bitch... argh.
[Image: UF3Ma.gif]
The legs on the right punch are there because I don't know how he changes positions when he does
the right punch.

He is not yang from sf 3. Blame the GIF
Thanked by:
there's not a lot of impact. if you want to add more, you need more buildup and less frames of the actual punch. the tricky part is finding a balance between visual impact and in-game practicality.
Thanked by:
Changed a few things.
[Image: UnDkd.gif]
I don't really know if showing "impact" was really a timing issue with the frame delay.

I swear to god, it is so hard changing frame delay to milliseconds in Previous' GIF tool...
Thanked by:
its more on how he's throwing those punches. they show absolutely no effort from the character to actually put strengh on them. if you ever tried to punch someone by just extending your fist that way you'd probably wont harm anyone. in order to really add impact and/or power to them, you need to work on how we shift the torso's weight fowards to add energy into our punches.
Thanked by:
@Met sorry for the late response, thanks for the advice. I'll work on my animation skills when I have the time and use your knowledge.

anyway, WIP revision
[Image: vOWCu.png]
Thanked by: Gwen, Thor
[Image: mkDx2.gif]
not really meant to be this fast.
not sure what to do with his right leg, lifting his heels up was really hard for me.
I'll try again some other time.
Thanked by:
I freaking love these!

The afros animations are very nice!
Introducing Quickman! Space Wizard Justice!
[Image: MstRX.png]
Complete with red suit, a scarf, and, a theme song

Female counterpart coming soon.

(that star is a bitch to sprite. Some help would be greatly appreciated)
[Image: zKe4y.png]
Made this to test out the new dialog system made for my game.

[Image: uH7RV.png]
Gangsta Mecha redone
Thanked by: Gwen, Garamonde, Rosencrantz
*GASP* Shouldn't the mecha have an afro!Surprise
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: Jawnsunn, Garamonde
Also, the mecha-afro should be a disco ball. You know it to be the right decision. B)
Mecha-Afro: The Final Boss

no, but seriously, I'll think about mecha-afro...
Thanked by: Gwen, Shade, Garamonde
I'm sorry for the double post, but I just finished a revised combo sketch for my afro hero.
[Image: K6TSx.gif]
I tried to make it feel like he puts power into his attacks.

but looking back, that last attack needs more exaggeration.
Thanked by: