Thanked by:
the links in here are not working go to page 2

Thanked by:
Try uploading it to MediaFire.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:

Thanked by:
Haha, no problem. Peardian will get to uploading these as soon as he can.
Thanked by:
Any chance of getting some alien models up in here? I love their design...
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:

Thanked by:
i hate to say it but my wife fell and she is in the ER so ill get in the new models when i can

Thanked by:
Oh my, that's awful! Don't worry about the models, there's no hurry on those.
Thanked by:

Thanked by:
I took a look at the models, and they look great. However, there is an issue with some of the textures. The regular textures are fine, but there are problems with the normal/bump maps (for example, tex 2 for the drop ship). In order for the bump map to work, it needs two channels. The grayscale color channel you see is one of them, which means the transparency channel should be the other. But, the alpha transparency channel is missing, so the bump map can't be used. Unless I'm mistaken, you are converting these textures from .TGA, correct? Unfortunately, there are few programs for Windows that can handle/convert TGA files, and even fewer that can handle them with transparency. I believe the free image editor GIMP can properly convert them. Also, I noticed some of the textures are saved as JPG. As a general rule, you never want to use JPG, as it ruins the quality of the file.

Also, I noticed you made a topic asking about grayscale textures. Judging by the high quality of the these models, I'm willing to bet those textures are actually specular maps. They are what help give things a nice real realistic shine. I've noticed that there is a distinct lack of them for what I would assume would be shiny things, which is unusual when bump maps are present. And yes, they typically look like grayscale versions of the regular texture with modifications.

So, the models themselves are fine, but the textures will have to be re-ripped and re-exported. Once you do that, these models will be ready for the site!

Also, I hope for a speedy recovery for your wife.
Thanked by:
(12-13-2011, 10:30 AM)Peardian Wrote: I took a look at the models, and they look great. However, there is an issue with some of the textures. The regular textures are fine, but there are problems with the normal/bump maps (for example, tex 2 for the drop ship). In order for the bump map to work, it needs two channels. The grayscale color channel you see is one of them, which means the transparency channel should be the other. But, the alpha transparency channel is missing, so the bump map can't be used. Unless I'm mistaken, you are converting these textures from .TGA, correct? Unfortunately, there are few programs for Windows that can handle/convert TGA files, and even fewer that can handle them with transparency. I believe the free image editor GIMP can properly convert them. Also, I noticed some of the textures are saved as JPG. As a general rule, you never want to use JPG, as it ruins the quality of the file.

Also, I noticed you made a topic asking about grayscale textures. Judging by the high quality of the these models, I'm willing to bet those textures are actually specular maps. They are what help give things a nice real realistic shine. I've noticed that there is a distinct lack of them for what I would assume would be shiny things, which is unusual when bump maps are present. And yes, they typically look like grayscale versions of the regular texture with modifications.

So, the models themselves are fine, but the textures will have to be re-ripped and re-exported. Once you do that, these models will be ready for the site!

Also, I hope for a speedy recovery for your wife.

all right i downloaded a model and i see it is in png is that what you wont?
and my wife Amy is back home she broke her arm and leg when we where at the farm on the top floor in the barn loadinng on the hay

and cool art work did you make that?

Thanked by:
the gray textures i re exported them and it looked like glass,slime or what you woul call it
is that it if it is i get those up in a day or two

Thanked by:
all right i got what you needed Peardian i got the texture
i have one model for now

Thanked by: