[Image: spike_by_simthedog-d41a7as.png]
[Image: gill_da_icon_by_simthedog-d41ld20.png]
[Image: yummeh___by_simthedog-d424q2u.png]
[Image: q_by_simthedog-d49c6sn.png]
[Image: kyuubi_controlled_naruto_by_simthedog-d49c7ap.png]
[Image: akuma_by_simthedog-d49c7op.png]
[Image: dudley_by_simthedog-d49f5w2.png]
Thanked by:
also known as "lets pretend i didn't take the colors right out of KOF XII and tried to apply gradients to shade because using gradients is how KOFXII sprites are shaded so they're ok and pro"

also i wouldn't like to say that the moon is ripped from something else, but its more than evident that you didn't do it.
Thanked by:
Ahem I would like to say that you have improved over time. But you do need to start on a new shading technique or improve upon that King of Fighters style.
Thanked by:
(10-21-2011, 08:44 PM)Heracross Wrote: also known as "lets pretend i didn't take the colors right out of KOF XII and tried to apply gradients to shade because using gradients is how KOFXII sprites are shaded so they're ok and pro"

also i wouldn't like to say that the moon is ripped from something else, but its more than evident that you didn't do it.

I'm surprised that you're a 'Super Mod' because you already seem like an ass. Yeah, I need to improve, I'm not god-like, jeez'.
Thanked by:
protip:

telling the truth =/= being an ass

also he isn't pretending you to be a god, but if no one says it bluntly, you'd never realize how bad your shading techniques indeed are, because using bands of color aren't a valid way of conveying depth if you didn't know.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
Protip:

Metaru's post wasn't constructive at all, he was being an ass.
[Image: tumblr_lctx1p6L3L1qzvjn8o1_500.gif]
Thanked by:
I think the fact that you stole the moon from something else and didn't credit it is warrant enough for assery.
Thanked by:
(10-24-2011, 09:39 AM)Accelgors Wrote: protip:

also he isn't pretending you to be a god, but if no one says it bluntly, you'd never realize how bad your shading techniques indeed are, because using bands of color aren't a valid way of conveying depth if you didn't know.

Putting criticism on someone's work sarcastically doesn't mean he's being blunt.

Even if he is right he's still a moderator, he shouldn't act like a douche when he gives it out.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(10-24-2011, 09:39 AM)Accelgors Wrote: protip:

Telling the truth doesn't always mean that you're being an ass. It's the way in which you tell the truth. If you tell somebody the truth in a "I can say what I want not giving a shit about how you feel about what I say and how I say it" sort of way, you're being an ass, but if you said: "Using bands of color aren't a valid way of conveying depth if you didn't know", as you said, then I'd really appreciate your comment, and I'd be more than happy to listen to what else you've got to say about my work.
Also, "Super Mod", does that ring any bells? It means that your job is to make sure that all of the members in this community respect each other; improve the relationship of members who don't like each other or try to stop them conflicting all of the time and stop inappropriate behavior. What I don't understand is that how can you guys maintain peace within the community when even yourselves don't know how to treat people with respect?
Thanked by:
this thread is about you showcasing your pixel art work, and we giving you feedback about it. your shading needs severe amounts of work, and you dont seem to credit neither the fact you are taking colors directly for the KOFXIII sprites(therefore, you have no knowledge or understanding of color choices) and you haven't een bothered to mention from where you ripped that moon. your knowledge of anatomy is completely premature, and there is no way to tell what kind of progress you have made over time since only one can asume you just found kofXIII, took its colors and embraced shading with gradients as a an answer to life.

you just dumped your images, you did not gave any single pointer as to what was the work behind each other, and neither gave any pointers as if you had plans to improve/keep working on them. i am sincerely not interested in giving any sort of constructive criticism in someone who just literally throws away their stuff in hopes of fishing for compliments. because you, like the rest of the people who just comes here and expects people to kiss their arse for something that is completely flawled. that would work on other communities, but not on this one. not from me.

if you want proper, constructive criticism for something you are working on, post something you are working on. if you came to showcase your stuff, then just shut up and take whatever opinions we give about your work. because thats what they are: opinions.

me being a supermod means absolutely nothing at all, i am an user who just can open and close threads, like this one. please use that as a excuse. please i beg you. please say that i am not respecting you for ripping a moon out of something else and trying to pass it as yours.
Thanked by:
(10-25-2011, 08:59 AM)Heracross Wrote: this thread is about you showcasing your pixel art work, and we giving you feedback about it. your shading needs severe amounts of work, and you dont seem to credit neither the fact you are taking colors directly for the KOFXIII sprites(therefore, you have no knowledge or understanding of color choices) and you haven't een bothered to mention from where you ripped that moon. your knowledge of anatomy is completely premature, and there is no way to tell what kind of progress you have made over time since only one can asume you just found kofXIII, took its colors and embraced shading with gradients as a an answer to life.

you just dumped your images, you did not gave any single pointer as to what was the work behind each other, and neither gave any pointers as if you had plans to improve/keep working on them. i am sincerely not interested in giving any sort of constructive criticism in someone who just literally throws away their stuff in hopes of fishing for compliments. because you, like the rest of the people who just comes here and expects people to kiss their arse for something that is completely flawled. that would work on other communities, but not on this one. not from me.

if you want proper, constructive criticism for something you are working on, post something you are working on. if you came to showcase your stuff, then just shut up and take whatever opinions we give about your work. because thats what they are: opinions.

me being a supermod means absolutely nothing at all, i am an user who just can open and close threads, like this one. please use that as a excuse. please i beg you. please say that i am not respecting you for ripping a moon out of something else and trying to pass it as yours.
"This thread is about you showcasing your pixel art work, and we giving you feedback about it."
You still don't seem to understand. You're a mod so you should be setting a good example, and you're not.

"Your shading needs severe amounts of work, and you dont seem to credit neither the fact you are taking colors directly for the KOFXIII sprites(therefore, you have no knowledge or understanding of color choices) and you haven't een bothered to mention from where you ripped that moon."
This is my first thread, it's likely I'm going to make a mistake. You're talking to me as if I've been on this forum for a while.

"Your knowledge of anatomy is completely premature, and there is no way to tell what kind of progress you have made over time since only one can asume you just found kofXIII, took its colors and embraced shading with gradients as a an answer to life."
Isn't this a forum to help people improve? You telling me how pissed off you are with my work as if I've deliberately chosen to make shitty art. I'm sure that my work can be criticized and not just constantly moaning about how I use KOF shading in the majority of my work.

"You just dumped your images, you did not gave any single pointer as to what was the work behind each other, and neither gave any pointers as if you had plans to improve/keep working on them."
Anybody can make mistakes on their first time doing anything.

"I am sincerely not interested in giving any sort of constructive criticism in someone who just literally throws away their stuff in hopes of fishing for compliments."
If you aren't interested in giving any sort of constructive criticism, leave this thread and don't post a meaningless, offensive comment like you're some sort of immature child.

"Because you, like the rest of the people who just comes here and expects people to kiss their arse for something that is completely flawled. that would work on other communities, but not on this one. not from me."
You're assuming that I came here to get my "arse" kissed? Making assumptions is wrong in any kind of situation, so you being chosen as a "Super mod" was a very deluded decision.

"If you want proper, constructive criticism for something you are working on, post something you are working on. if you came to showcase your stuff, then just shut up and take whatever opinions we give about your work. because thats what they are: opinions."
I made a mistake then, I should ask for criticism. Again, this is my first time, don't expect anything perfect from me.

"Me being a supermod means absolutely nothing at all, i am an user who just can open and close threads, like this one. please use that as a excuse. please i beg you. please say that i am not respecting you for ripping a moon out of something else and trying to pass it as yours."
AGAIN, I'm bound to make some sort of mistake on my first thread and I should have pointed out that the moon isn't mine, which wasn't why I was pissed off with you anyway.

Thanked by:
"You still don't seem to understand. You're a mod so you should be setting a good example, and you're not."
And what do you mean by good example? Kissing asses? Metaru may have been blunt in the comment but that does not invalidate his opinions and he would be much nicer if you weren't here just to throw pixelart and fish compliments for it.

"This is my first thread, it's likely I'm going to make a mistake. You're talking to me as if I've been on this forum for a while."
Or, alternatively, someone who has read the rules.

"Isn't this a forum to help people improve? You telling me how pissed off you are with my work as if I've deliberately chosen to make shitty art. I'm sure that my work can be criticized and not just constantly moaning about how I use KOF shading in the majority of my work."
Problem is, KOF shading does work. Yours doesn't because you just saw the superficial characteristics of it and eyeballed it without understanding the principles. That's what happened. Shading isn't "oh let's grab a darker version of said color and make several bands around the object". It's actually much, much more deeper than that.

"Anybody can make mistakes on their first time doing anything."
True, but the whole situation doesn't really favour you. Anyway, I'll retract myself in this one.

"If you aren't interested in giving any sort of constructive criticism, leave this thread and don't post a meaningless, offensive comment like you're some sort of immature child."
This would be valid if Metaru said utter shit. This is not the case as he had explained why your work is bad.

"You're assuming that I came here to get my "arse" kissed? Making assumptions is wrong in any kind of situation, so you being chosen as a "Super mod" was a very deluded decision."
Metaru didn't get 'super mod' status 'just because'. He proved to be a good member by giving actual criticism without sprinkling a ton of suger on top of it. Is he blunt sometimes? Yes, he is. But as himself said once, 'what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger'.

"I made a mistake then, I should ask for criticism. Again, this is my first time, don't expect anything perfect from me."
okay.

"AGAIN, I'm bound to make some sort of mistake on my first thread and I should have pointed out that the moon isn't mine, which wasn't why I was pissed off with you anyway."
Funny you said that assumption is bad and directly afterwards complained about him having a 'super mod' status and saying how he should be nicer to people. But oh well, that's all for now.

The thing is, we are blunt sometimes, but we aren't like this because we like to flame people. Otherwise, we'd be another 'art' site where any effortless crap would be praised and no one would improve ever.

I suggest starting something new, so we can guide you on how to make better sprites. Everyone gotta start from somewhere, right?
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
(10-25-2011, 09:47 AM)Accelgors Wrote: "You still don't seem to understand. You're a mod so you should be setting a good example, and you're not."
And what do you mean by good example? Kissing asses? Metaru may have been blunt in the comment but that does not invalidate his opinions and he would be much nicer if you weren't here just to throw pixelart and fish compliments for it.

"This is my first thread, it's likely I'm going to make a mistake. You're talking to me as if I've been on this forum for a while."
Or, alternatively, someone who has read the rules.

"Isn't this a forum to help people improve? You telling me how pissed off you are with my work as if I've deliberately chosen to make shitty art. I'm sure that my work can be criticized and not just constantly moaning about how I use KOF shading in the majority of my work."
Problem is, KOF shading does work. Yours doesn't because you just saw the superficial characteristics of it and eyeballed it without understanding the principles. That's what happened. Shading isn't "oh let's grab a darker version of said color and make several bands around the object". It's actually much, much more deeper than that.

"Anybody can make mistakes on their first time doing anything."
True, but the whole situation doesn't really favour you. Anyway, I'll retract myself in this one.

"If you aren't interested in giving any sort of constructive criticism, leave this thread and don't post a meaningless, offensive comment like you're some sort of immature child."
This would be valid if Metaru said utter shit. This is not the case as he had explained why your work is bad.

"You're assuming that I came here to get my "arse" kissed? Making assumptions is wrong in any kind of situation, so you being chosen as a "Super mod" was a very deluded decision."
Metaru didn't get 'super mod' status 'just because'. He proved to be a good member by giving actual criticism without sprinkling a ton of suger on top of it. Is he blunt sometimes? Yes, he is. But as himself said once, 'what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger'.

"I made a mistake then, I should ask for criticism. Again, this is my first time, don't expect anything perfect from me."
okay.

"AGAIN, I'm bound to make some sort of mistake on my first thread and I should have pointed out that the moon isn't mine, which wasn't why I was pissed off with you anyway."
Funny you said that assumption is bad and directly afterwards complained about him having a 'super mod' status and saying how he should be nicer to people. But oh well, that's all for now.

The thing is, we are blunt sometimes, but we aren't like this because we like to flame people. Otherwise, we'd be another 'art' site where any effortless crap would be praised and no one would improve ever.

I suggest starting something new, so we can guide you on how to make better sprites. Everyone gotta start from somewhere, right?
"The thing is, we are blunt sometimes, but we aren't like this because we like to flame people. Otherwise, we'd be another 'art' site where any effortless crap would be praised and no one would improve ever."
I know what you're saying.

"I suggest starting something new, so we can guide you on how to make better sprites. Everyone gotta start from somewhere, right?"
Thanks man.
Thanked by:
Or you could stop questioning Metaru's Super Mod status.
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by:
Or you could stop feeding a dead fire.
Thanked by: