Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
PM's General Spriting topic
This topic is now focusing on a more general subject, and other sprites will eventually appear.

Each character will have it's own archive and part kit in spoilers, so keep an eye out for new ones or past updates.

Thanked by:
Nice idea, it just seems that the sprites need work. Try posting them in sprite discussion later on.

However, not many people will help you though for free though.
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
Welcome back, PRIMAL MORON. I've seen you before.

The Chinchou sprites don't look too bad from my perspective but like Machobot said, in order for this to move forward you'd need to offer up some sort of reward to those that help you.

(I have a very strong feeling this won't go anywhere)
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
I think he said that it was a
PRIMAL MORON Wrote:Solo Project
so he's not asking for REAL help, but for suggestions.
Good to see you here again, PM.
Thanked by:
Change the sheets background to a solid color.
[Image: 2003-02-20.gif]
Thanked by:
(08-12-2011, 07:51 PM)Cshad Wrote: Change the sheets background to a solid color.

That is a sample, the reason why I have that uneven coloring is specifically to prevent stealing, it's a watermark.
i will remove the watermark when the time comes, but I'm not about to just have people grabbing it out of thin air and taking it, it's not ready yet.

As for my doubters,
You may be right, I have better things to do than listening to people tell me how my works won't "go anywhere", isn't that right right, Jetters?
Chinchou is not in production, Chinchou is COMPLETE.
All 99 basic sheets, what you saw was the first 30 combined into a master sheet, all assembled today and creeated as a whole in less than 2 weeks.
When you can design over 600+ good frames on 1 character in 2 weeks, feel free to talk to me again.
If you guys are going to suggest that my works are worthless or uninteresting, then why should I have to listen to that?

For those of you who didn't read my whole message,
In my statements, I was suggesting a few comments to be made simply stating to send your thoughts, (Maybe I should have said positive feedback only) never once was i asking for help greater than suggestions or even requests if the People (not me) wanted anyone to be made.

Heck, I even had to have a friend interpret that to you guys, Marvelfan is his name. How many guys does it take to demonstrate basic reading skills that you should have done prior to posting?

And that should cover the basics of ignorance and doubt,

As for the rest, I'll add something to view the sprites better when the time comes, i built these sheets to be flexible, so let them become flexible interactively, I'll build a program to demonstrate them in flash format. so you can all see them in action.

That's all for now.
Thanked by:
Welp, this board is usually used for a sprite project, which is generally a collaboration of several people doing things like this. While I misread your post, it gives you no right to insult Jetters and me.

Also, asking for only a positive response will not help you get any better. Dont expect an ass kissing from everyone everywhere you go.
Thanked by:
Mh, okay. So none of us can actually provide you with criticism or critique, since you're providing us with obsolete material?
And to be honest, I'm not impressed by the quality of that material, either. I think in spriting, quantity never overrides quality, and that's your mistake I'm afraid. I don't see what's so special about this style.

I see. You're considering asking for only positive feedback. Have you wondered why people gave you negative feedback?

I'm sorry but for now you're passing off as a long-winded snob right now. Nobody here cares if you go, especially with your current attitude and bloated ego.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
When I said "this won't go anywhere" I meant the thread might not go anywhere, because I too misinterpreted that you weren't asking for help making the sprites.

But whatever, if you don't want to accept help to improve them then so be it.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
But on a more constructive note:

You need to revise your palette. Try using the offical sprites for reference. Chinchou are very bright, where as the blue and yellow? you're using makes the sprite seem very drab. Another problem is readability. Once again, Id suggest using the official sprites as a reference. If you hadnt of said that this was a Chinchou, I wouldnt of been able to tell. Not only is the palette affecting the readability, the line art and shading makes it look rather sloppy and cluttered. The shading is also a tad wonky and doesnt seem to be executed properly, but there are many references/tutorials you can look up on this site/google. You may want to label the animations as well, because I honestly cant tell what is going on. Sorry if the crit is a tad vague, its been a while since I've done something similiar to this. My best suggestion though would be you to start over tbh.

Also if you insult me again, I swear to God Ill snap your ass like a Slim Jim. Ooooh yeah~
Thanked by:
(08-12-2011, 09:33 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: Mh, okay. So none of us can actually provide you with criticism or critique, since you're providing us with obsolete material?
And to be honest, I'm not impressed by the quality of that material, either. I think in spriting, quantity never overrides quality, and that's your mistake I'm afraid. I don't see what's so special about this style.

I see. You're considering asking for only positive feedback. Have you wondered why people gave you negative feedback?

I'm sorry but for now you're passing off as a long-winded snob right now. Nobody here cares if you go, especially with your current attitude and bloated ego.
So I see, well then, perhaps we can talk this out.
I'm not interested in starting a fight, but I'm not going to leave you and quit THAT easily, as a matter of fact, I gotta say, if you have suggestions for improvements, then go for it, tell me everything you find WRONG with them (the sprites). Those sprites can be changed quickly to suit what every and any style you like. Actually, I think it's great that there are things wrong with it, it will help me figure out how to improve them. I must say, Chris, you're respectable and probably a lot more respected than I will be, but keep in mind, The reason why I left doesn't feel like now, as a matter of fact, you drive a hard enough point that convinced me to accept negative comments.

I admire that.

But let's get back on topic:
Style wise, you want more colors, and more quality.
Both easy to fix.
i'll whip up a new sheet right away so you can see the difference.. (trust me, I'm kinda getting sick of just 6 colors anyways)

Compromise, guess it does work.

that's all for now.

Jetters, you deserve my apologies, I'll make sure that i can make it up to you, and I think I know just how to do it, would you like me to demonstrate a custom Jetter sprite, free of charge?

and Machobot, I want to apologize to you, too...
I guess I was kind of a jerk to you and jetters, I'll make strides to make this right, I'll even start spacing my text a little I dunno how to make it up to you, but say the word and I'm on it.

As for me, i'll make strides to listen instead of argue, sometimes I get this odd split personality, but i'll do what it takes to get over it.

Thank you in advance for either accepting my apology, or if you denied it, that's ok, too.

See?
Strides for improvement, i'll make it happen more often.

That's all for now.
Thanked by:
What you need right now in your sprites are refinement, so that they are more readable. You don't necessarily need more colours, or more anything, it's better everything, in fact. You could do with a better palette, for example.
I haven't animated any of your strips, so I can't give you any advice on that yet.

Are these resized vectors, by the way?

Also: moving this to Sprite Discussion, since Sprite Projects aren't solo (they're collective).

Thanked by:
(08-12-2011, 10:11 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: What you need right now in your sprites are refinement, so that they are more readable. You don't necessarily need more colours, or more anything, it's better everything, in fact. You could do with a better palette, for example.
I haven't animated any of your strips, so I can't give you any advice on that yet.

Are these resized vectors, by the way?

Also: moving this to Sprite Discussion, since Sprite Projects aren't solo (they're collective).

Yes they are, but, if that question involves the definition of a sprite, I'm not touching on that subject.

Anyways, I'll redefine some other examples to show you, starting with Chinchou's true colors, Chinchou looks pretty accurate in black and white, so Imma grab that and start the recoloring.

Once this picks up, maybe we'll finally get it right, but first thing's first, the colors have to go...

That's all for now.
Thanked by:
I was just asking because most of your past work was vector.

Refining these sprites will help you. If the sprites were larger, refinement wouldn't be such a problem, but you're now confronted to the constraints and hardships of pixel art (readability, colour count, etc.) since you're working at quite a reduced scale. And you're posting in the right place for that kind of help.

Looking forward to some improvements!

Thanked by:
(08-12-2011, 10:33 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: Looking forward to some improvements!

So you have wished it,
look up at the top to see.

You were right, this color set is stupendous. (taken from b/w version)

[Image: chinchou-idle.gif]
^ revamping completed animations atm, will add more.
(I actually have them all done, it's just getting the color on that'll kill me.)

This shouldn't take long, but if you have more keep going, I don't want to have to restart for any last touches.

As my Grandmother used to say,
"Speak now or forever hold your pee."
God she drove a point home well.
I miss her, *sobs shortly*
*Ahem*

Anyways,
Colors are set,
Leave your thoughts here on them.

That's all for now.
Thanked by: