Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help with texturing models
A few days ago I decided to look up how to rip models from DS games out of boredom, and I was surprised to actually find decent information. Anyways, I've been messing around with Mario Kart DS, and with a few programs I ended up with this (DK's kart):

It doesn't have the textures enabled, but when I placed the .nsbmd file in nsbmd (program), it came up with this:

That looked a lot closer to the actual model, but I wasn't sure how to save it. I got the model into an .obj file and I got the textures from the .nsbtx file, I'm just not sure how to apply the textures onto the .obj file.

I have a feeling I did not explain this well, so if any clarification is needed I'll try and clear things up. Anyways, any help is appreciated, hopefully they can be along the lines of submittable eventually.
[Image: WwmoM3d.png]
Currently working on: working and wedding planning
Thanked by:
I think you need to use an OpenGL ripper to rip the model from the viewer. Not sure about that though.
Thanked by:
You probably need to just do that, but if your model has its UV's still you should be able to just slap on your textures.
Thanked by:
I went onto the OpenGL website and there were about 28 pages worth of programs that they had (Unless I was probably looking in the wrong area on the site). Do you know which specific one would help to rip it from the model viewer?
[Image: WwmoM3d.png]
Currently working on: working and wedding planning
Thanked by:
I dunno if you'd get anything like that from the official OpenGL site as model ripping isn't usually something they intend for you to do. You can try a program like 3D Via Printscreen though and see if that works for you.
Thanked by: