Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mario Blocks Made Out Of Crafts
Dear Spriters-Resource Users,

If you can tell from the topic, I LOVE the blocks from the Mario games. But the ones I love most of all are the "?" blocks from the original Mario games, the "!" blocks from Super Mario World, the Cap Boxes from Super Mario 64, and the Dice Blocks from the Mario Party games. But, I'm planning to have my mom and aunt make them out of crafts. How can I do that? 2.5 wooden blocks? Papercraft? What can I do?

Sincerly yours,
TheWolfBunny
Sprite ripper, Rainmeter maker, and Game Boy palette creator! At your service, VG-Resource!
Thanked by:
Are you really asking how one might make a cube?
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]
(07-24-2011, 01:50 PM)Tachikoma Wrote: Are you really asking how one might make a cube?

Of course. Yes, I am.
Sprite ripper, Rainmeter maker, and Game Boy palette creator! At your service, VG-Resource!
Thanked by: Rosencrantz
It sounds like he's asking what he can make it out of?

Is that right?
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Honestly, I'll sound like I'm fucking with you, but the only answer I can give is "whatever's easiest/cheapest for you"
with something as simple as a cube it's not like you have to worry about what's practical. You can use... near enough any material you like.

I'm still just
boggling at the fact you'd even have to ask
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]
Thanked by: Marth
(07-24-2011, 02:37 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: It sounds like he's asking what he can make it out of?

Is that right?

That's right! What's the best craft? Wooden cubes? Or papercraft? You can tell me.
Thanked by:
Well... if you're trying to make something realistic, you could go for a brick. Tongue

But seriously, maybe something like wood or cardboard, plastic, I can't think of much that would hold a decent block shape.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(07-24-2011, 03:09 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Well... if you're trying to make something realistic, you could go for a brick. Tongue

But seriously, maybe something like wood or cardboard, plastic, I can't think of much that would hold a decent block shape.

Well, there ARE wooden cubes that can be painted into Mario blocks.
Thanked by:
I'm feeling the same as tachikoma here -- seriously?

seriously?

Anyway, I'm glad you love Mario blocks but really if you craft 'em you'll want to think of WHY you want to make them. If you want to hang them from the ceiling so you can punch them while you enter and exit your room, making it out of a cheap material like cardboard would be a good idea. if you're concerned about too many heads over time busting it up, then paint a foam block.

If you want to just let it sit on a shelf -- honestly don't bother then. but if it's like a tiny one for like a stand (e.g. for a Mario figurine), just make it out of wood. You'll want to stencil the ideal question mark out to use on the block so it doesn't look like it was painted on by a kindergartener.

If you REALLY wanna go all out, have your mom/aunt sew you a plush block (like a teddy bear, if you wanna think of it that way) so you'd have something that can take a beating.
[Image: MLPL7189_1.jpg]

Really it's up to you man and it all depends on what you'd like to do with it in the end. @_@

In all honesty though, I suggest having them make a plush ? block so you can punch it for hours on end and also, so you can hang it from the ceiling Tongue

[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
[Image: 164548_1545416754526_1208224664_1209342_4408919_n.jpg]
Why is this still in Real Life?

Come on.
Thanked by: Garamonde, Marth, Vipershark
why not, who cares
Thanked by:
Because this isn't where the topic belongs?

Come on, dude. Really.
Thanked by: Vipershark
I thought I reported this thread saying the same thing...?
it really doesn't belong in rl
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(07-25-2011, 02:34 PM)Vipershark Wrote: I thought I reported this thread saying the same thing...?
it really doesn't belong in rl

Then move it with your ad-

oh right