Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Chrono Trigger: Leene Square 3D
I am remaking Leene Square from Chrono Trigger into 3D.

Here is my progress so far. This post will be edited with new snapshots as work progresses on it.

Props
[Image: wip1__leene_square_3d_by_i_eat_aliens-d419e4u.png]

Last updated:
-Sunday, 24 July = Now starting on the minigame props like Gato, Hit the Ball minigame, etc.

Fountain closeup
[Image: preview2g.png]
Thanked by:
Peculiar, I just started playing Chrono Trigger again!
Can't wait for updates
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
Thanked by: 8bitsandwich
Looks good, but don't go overboard with it or else you might get a Cease-and-Desist from Square-Enix.

...I'm kidding about that last part. At least, I hope I am.
I like it! It's a really joy for anyone to turn sprited scenes into 3-Dimensional objects!

When you finish this project, do you have any other things you would try to tackle?
Thanked by: 8bitsandwich
(07-19-2011, 07:21 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Looks good, but don't go overboard with it or else you might get a Cease-and-Desist from Square-Enix.

...I'm kidding about that last part. At least, I hope I am.

Oh I definitely considered that before I started. Sad The whole Chrono Resurrection shutdown made me wary. However, I think I'll be okay since I'm not going to be making a game with these models, or making money off of them. Surprise It's just fanart.

(07-19-2011, 07:34 PM)E-Man Wrote: When you finish this project, do you have any other things you would try to tackle?

Yes, turning 2D sprites into 3D is one of my favorite types of projects. Smile It's cool to see what they might look like if the developer remade the game. I'm currently considering remaking stuff from Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, and Mother 3. Suggestions for stuff you'd like to see remade are always welcome, but it'll have to be a game I've already played and have nostalgia for. That's what motivates me to finish this stuff. Big Grin
Thanked by:
Well, after you take care of this game, will you go handle Super Mario RPG next?
Thanked by:
I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we'd love to see more of this. We'd certainly heave no problem with you putting up more like this. I'd really love to see a full scene, but that may be asking for a bit much.
Thanked by:
I updated the screenshot. I've been working on it daily, bit by bit, but I feel bad posting snapshots when there's only 1 or 2 new things in it, so I tend to wait until I've made a major change before updating the pic.

My goal is to make the entire area, not just the props, and then make an animated fly-through video of it. Rest assured I will be making the full scene. Smile

@ E-Man: Sure, definitely. I think Booster's Tower would be fun to remake, or maybe Nimbus Land. I'm also tempted to remake Geno or Mallow, seeing how unlikely it is that they'll ever re-appear in any future Mario game.
Thanked by: