Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
MLSS styled Squidward
I made this sprite and put it into the custom/edited submissions. But A.J Nitro thought it needed some improvements. Does anyone have any suggestions on it (other than a rounded head)?

[Image: 2qaohnc.png]

Sprite Sheet Link (Because it's too big): http://i56.tinypic.com/2qn8g8o.png
Thanked by:
Squidward just doesn't fit in the style. He wasn't designed to. I'd suggest doing this with a mario bros. universe character, and not even all of them fit into this style. As far as this being squdward, his head is way to large, and his body is too fat. I'll be honest even if squidward fit perfectyl into the M&L style, and you aced it this would still be of very little use to anyone. A mario bros. Spongebob crossover isn't common, hell I don't think fanmade spongebob games/animations are even common, and without a complete cast in the same style, this squidward doesn't do anyone a bit of good.

Not being negative, just stating some facts. M&L is a ver selective style, and only nintendo characters fit, mainly mario bros. characters and like I said, not even all of them fit.
Thanked by: Garamonde, Star, Untitled, Zadaben
*facepalm* I really don't see why people abuse the heck out of this style with stuff like this. Spongebob? Really?

Eh..maybe I'm being a jerk here, but I just hate seeing people overuse a style this much. Stuff like this and how it is used as a "first time at spriting" style are the reasons why people started getting sick of this style(including myself). And this was about 3-4 years ago! I'm not sure if this is your first sprite, but if it is..don't use this style as a way to start off getting into the spriting world. You need to be able to know more advanced techniques such as AA, and to be able to make smooth animations since that is practically what the style is all about. That's what gives it it's charm.

I would suggest starting off with something more simple, like 8 bit or something. From there, you can work on your sense of form, more interesting animations(not just standing there and moving an arm around), and perhaps even make up your own style along the way!

EDIT: Also, there is a way to make him fit into the M&L Universe, but there is no way I'm doing that lol. It's like what happened when I did something similar for anime/human characters. Not doing that ever again since people started trying to make anime characters in this style haha
[Image: 9fryz.gif] [Image: QUmE6.gif]
[Image: XwNYE.gif]
[Image: qjGOacY.png]

Click the link below to view the New Super Mario Kart Project! [Seizure Warning]