Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Bit-Omega 2.0
A New version from the 1.0 style found here

[Image: x1Vdo.png]

A New sprite sheet I'm working on based off my old Bit-Omega sheet that I never really got around to finishing, this one is a more advanced version with shading, a new lineart and hopefully smoother animation.

C+C would be great!
[Image: JSW7XoM.png][Image: M9AUckK.png]
Thanked by:
Give him arms! xD

Well, looking at the 1.0 style, it's a lot better now,

As the one in your signature you could give him more contrast in the shadows,

Is the one of your avatar the avatar (last airbender)? it has his arrow @_@
Thanked by: Garamonde
u,h the one in my sig and avatar are not made by me.
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
the shading on the jacket thingy seems pretty arbitrary and sloppy. also, the anti-aliasing seems pretty unnecessary for the most part
Thanked by: Kitsu
The 2.0 version is just screaming for another dot on the cap right in the middle. Also the jacket doesn't really fit the head at all, besides the eyes making it look all down.

And I don't know if you're still open to editing your 1.0 version, but the jacket looks like a hotdog with a green bun.
[Image: seeeegaaaaaaa.gif]

SEEEEEEGAAAAAAAA!

Thanked by:
And you look like a member I've been wanting to ban for some time.
You only extrapolate with your examples, and I even suspect you make such comparisons just to make your arguments valid (this doesn't work and they're not).You're forgetting something fundamental in discussing art and improving: learning. The information you provide doesn't make me learn anything, and you're not teaching me anything. Explaining why certain aspects should be changed is, however, giving an argument to your information and is essentially a lesson.
All in all, you're not that helpful and you don't know how to give criticism.

Omega: I would suggest an extra shade of orange on the shirt, as all the rest is shaded. What is he wearing exactly? Now that you've refined the style, you'll have to refine details in the design.
Your current version lacks shoulders, so I think something you could add to the new version is more shoulder width, to get some of the charm the older sprite has.
That's what you're looking for: what makes your character memorable.

I'm looking forward to the rest!
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

you know for a second there I thought you were talking about me in the first paragraph Very Sad

And yeah I'll get around to fixing all these things once I've done a few other things like that need to be finished like the TUGS thing.
Thanked by:
[Image: 42yo2.png]
Just a quick edit addressing a few problems I saw with the original. I hope I haven't strayed too far from your original style. I tried to keep it as close as I could. I edited the head a little, mostly shading and palette though. And I gave him shoulders. Let me know what you think?
"Every artist was first an amateur." - Fortune Cookie.
Thanked by:
(07-01-2011, 02:21 PM)Chris2Balls :B] Wrote: And you look like a member I've been wanting to ban for some time.

Well, okay.

(07-01-2011, 02:21 PM)Chris2Balls :B] Wrote: You only extrapolate with your examples, and I even suspect you make such comparisons just to make your arguments valid (this doesn't work and they're not).You're forgetting something fundamental in discussing art and improving: learning. The information you provide doesn't make me learn anything, and you're not teaching me anything. Explaining why certain aspects should be changed is, however, giving an argument to your information and is essentially a lesson.
All in all, you're not that helpful and you don't know how to give criticism.

A little... harsh much? Wow, such hatred really. Funny how mods can get away with it, just saw C02 call those megaman sprites shitty, no recoil. I thought that even if you just criticize the pose by calling it looking retarded was bad. I mean this whole entire post was just down right spiteful. Crap even the retarded thing I really didn't mean to make it mean toward the artist, yet that seems to almost be your whole point, except, "teaching me to criticize", and pretty much what your whole post should have been, cc for omega. I mean your even insinuating that the reason I even made comparisons was to provide some between the lines trashtalk or something. Just try to settle down, I really don't know what I have ever done to some of you members. And I pretty much thought my cc was pretty straight forward and helpful. I said it needs a dot in the middle, okay so now he has learned, that it looks aesthetically pleasing with an extra dot in the middle of the cap. The jacket does not fit the head besides its eyes which are gloomy, like the jacket, so he needed to make it fit. The jacket looks like a hotdog with a green bun, he needed to make it look more realistic. This is really not that hard, if you look at the post with, "okay, so this is what I need to fix" and not "Ugh, I hate that member, I just wanna BAN him!". And you know what? I'm sure you, or maybe some other mod I don't know, will find something in here that is warn/ban worthy in this very post once you twist the intention around. Then I'm sure some other member or mod or even the person themselves that would've warned/banned me would do the same thing if not worse, and no one would care. Kind of backwards. So anyways, I'll keep on being "not helpful" and try to help aspiring artists with their work, and you can keep hating me. Deal?
[Image: seeeegaaaaaaa.gif]

SEEEEEEGAAAAAAAA!

Thanked by:
(07-02-2011, 08:33 AM)brandman1996 Wrote: A little... harsh much? Wow, such hatred really. Funny how mods can get away with it, just saw C02 call those megaman sprites shitty, no recoil. I thought that even if you just criticize the pose by calling it looking retarded was bad. I mean this whole entire post was just down right spiteful. Crap even the retarded thing I really didn't mean to make it mean toward the artist, yet that seems to almost be your whole point, except, "teaching me to criticize", and pretty much what your whole post should have been, cc for omega. I mean your even insinuating that the reason I even made comparisons was to provide some between the lines trashtalk or something. Just try to settle down, I really don't know what I have ever done to some of you members. And I pretty much thought my cc was pretty straight forward and helpful. I said it needs a dot in the middle, okay so now he has learned, that it looks aesthetically pleasing with an extra dot in the middle of the cap. The jacket does not fit the head besides its eyes which are gloomy, like the jacket, so he needed to make it fit. The jacket looks like a hotdog with a green bun, he needed to make it look more realistic. This is really not that hard, if you look at the post with, "okay, so this is what I need to fix" and not "Ugh, I hate that member, I just wanna BAN him!". And you know what? I'm sure you, or maybe some other mod I don't know, will find something in here that is warn/ban worthy in this very post once you twist the intention around. Then I'm sure some other member or mod or even the person themselves that would've warned/banned me would do the same thing if not worse, and no one would care. Kind of backwards. So anyways, I'll keep on being "not helpful" and try to help aspiring artists with their work, and you can keep hating me. Deal?
can someone please explain to me why new members always take bluntness as "being harsh" or "trying to be an asshole" tia

and for the record, nothing you said was helpful at all. nothing in that post helps the artist out, you're not "trying to help", you're trying to cover up being a dickbag under the guise of secretly meaning good. if you want to give advice, feel free to

but don't talk down to someone and try to backpedal your way out of it by arguing that you're trying to be helpful. ESPECIALLY not on tsr, the forum where people have done this for 3 years, and for the people who were here at pixeltendo, 3+ more of watching people come up with excuses for being an asshole
brandman1996, you're in no position to tell me what to do, nor to bargain with me, and there is no deal. I'm a moderator and I can intervene when I think it is appropriate, like now.

I don't see why I should stand your condescending attitude any longer.

You still continue extrapolating by mentioning CO2, who actually explained why he thought the "sprites" were shitty, and his reasons were completely justified. This doesn't have anything to do with Omega's topic, however.

Quote:I said it needs a dot in the middle, okay so now he has learned, that it looks aesthetically pleasing with an extra dot in the middle of the cap. The jacket does not fit the head besides its eyes which are gloomy, like the jacket, so he needed to make it fit. The jacket looks like a hotdog with a green bun, he needed to make it look more realistic.
I hope you realize how badly phrased this is. I don't think you put a lot of thought into what you write when you give criticism, because it isn't clear.
I've quoted this specifically because despite all your efforts, I still don't know why or how putting an extra dot in the middle of the cap makes it look esthetically pleasing. I still don't know why the jacket doesn't fit with the head, and I still don't know how to make the jacket more realistic.
What you call "fixing up" and "helping" are mindless orders. It's helpful in the short term but useless in the long term.

Quote:I mean your even insinuating that the reason I even made comparisons was to provide some between the lines trashtalk or something.
I didn't insinuate that, but I do think your comparisons are redundant (like your observations) if you don't back them up.

Do you know why members get banned? It's got nothing to do with personal issues: it's about the member being a hindrance to the community. You've been warned several times in the past, and you've even had your posting privileges suspended once, if I remember correctly.
Why? I only have to look at your warning log to have an idea as to why.
Don't you ever put yourself into question? Because if you haven't, I'll do it for you by banning you from the Spriters' Resource.

So, back to Omega now:
I Wrote:I would suggest an extra shade of orange on the shirt, as all the rest is shaded. What is he wearing exactly? Now that you've refined the style, you'll have to refine details in the design.
Your current version lacks shoulders, so I think something you could add to the new version is more shoulder width, to get some of the charm the older sprite has.
That's what you're looking for: what makes your character memorable.
[Image: 5Mhpd.png]
Here's an edit illustrating the points I mentioned previously in the thread.
I'd like to add that proportions are important to capturing the essence of a character or style.
I hope it gives you ideas/help! Smile

[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Heres a update, a new version of Omega and a bunch of other WIP shit, think you can name some of these dudes?

[Image: GcwWk.png]

C+C is naturally welcome
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
dude is that fucking sax

i miss him
Thanked by:
Can't quite tell due to my eyesight being shit, but are your hands supposed to be going in your pockets?

If so, then I have no problems. If not, it kind of makes him look a bit top heavy.
Everything so far is looking pretty ace, but I'm especially loving Chris2B so far.
Thanked by:
[Image: omega-2.png]

I think practising more with colours, AA and lighting could help give your pixels more character. The basic structuring is good.