Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Call of Duty:Black Ops Sprites- Needs critiqe
[Image: COD_BLACKOPS-TANK_DEMPSEY.png]

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm276...EMPSEY.png

What do you think? I wanna be the first to make some black ops sprites. I know they look like the game maker generic guy, but i dunno. What do you think?
Thanked by:
(05-31-2011, 08:31 PM)pinta77 Wrote: [Image: COD_BLACKOPS-TANK_DEMPSEY.png]

What do you think? I wanna be the first to make some black ops sprites. I know they look like the game maker generic guy, but i dunno. What do you think?

What the fuck is this doing here.

Add to the fact they look quite shitty.
[Image: seeeegaaaaaaa.gif]

SEEEEEEGAAAAAAAA!

Thanked by:
(05-31-2011, 08:42 PM)brandman1996 Wrote:

Add to the fact they look quite shitty. *edit(my bad)

Am i in the wrong section? Incase you didnt notice im new. Second, could you, oh i dunno, give some reasons why they are shitty? Thats what im looking for.
Thanked by:
(05-31-2011, 08:45 PM)pinta77 Wrote: Am i in the wrong section?

Idk, it's in the MODEL RESOURCE when we have a Sprite Discussion and Pixel Art section, for cc on sprites which is definitely need for this bs.

(05-31-2011, 08:45 PM)pinta77 Wrote: Incase you didnt notice im new.

I care why? Don't use that as an excuse for your lack of knowledge and vast amounts of ignorance.

(05-31-2011, 08:45 PM)pinta77 Wrote: Second, could you, oh i dunno, give some reasons why they are shitty? Thats what im looking for.

Maybe if they were in the right section I would, and other members too.

You know, you would get much further in life if you learn how to read (aka reading model section not sprites for cc), stop being ignorant, and listen.

SEEEEEEGAAAAAAAA!

Thanked by:
pinta, giving the "I'm new" or as you say "im new" excuse as you say is pretty silly considering if you had taken the 30 seconds to read the names of the subforums here you probably would have a much better idea of where this should go. That said, I'll move this for you but don't expect anyone to go easy on you. :p

And know that if you DO post off-forum again you'll definitely be warned regardless of your "new" status.
Man, I clicked it thinking that someone ripped models from it.

Major Disappoint. Sad
Lloyd gives us some words of wisdom:
Thanked by: brandman1996
Honestly, they look like a mix of recolored Earthbound sprites and these Sonic Chao bases that everyone were using years ago.
If anything, the hairstyle doesn't matches the original character and the sprite you made of it, especially on the sideview poses.
you just dont have a single idea of what you're doing. i'd recomend you to start reading some pixel art tutorials first and then start worrying about spriting as now it looks like you're doing things for the sake of doing them rather than due reasonable decisions(namely the random attemps of antialiasing and poor shading)
Thanked by: pinta77, brandman1996
(05-31-2011, 09:09 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: pinta, giving the "I'm new" or as you say "im new" excuse as you say is pretty silly considering if you had taken the 30 seconds to read the names of the subforums here you probably would have a much better idea of where this should go. That said, I'll move this for you but don't expect anyone to go easy on you. :p

And know that if you DO post off-forum again you'll definitely be warned regardless of your "new" status.

Well thank you for moving it. I was trying to get it in the correct spot. I read the whole thing on submitting sprites, but the links weren't working. Now i know for next time.
(05-31-2011, 11:45 PM)Fuchikoma Wrote: you just dont have a single idea of what you're doing. i'd recomend you to start reading some pixel art tutorials first and then start worrying about spriting as now it looks like you're doing things for the sake of doing them rather than due reasonable decisions(namely the random attemps of antialiasing and poor shading)

I dont know if you were trying to be helpful or not, but thank you. I will look into some tutorials.
(05-31-2011, 09:34 PM)Maneko Wrote: Honestly, they look like a mix of recolored Earthbound sprites and these Sonic Chao bases that everyone were using years ago.
If anything, the hairstyle doesn't matches the original character and the sprite you made of it, especially on the sideview poses.

Thank you. I'll try to improve that.
Im actually surprised at how many people replied, especially considering that i posted it in the complete wrong spot. Thank you for your opinions. Im going to work on improving my my sprite making skill (or getting one).

So ya, i guess things are all done here unless anyone else has some suggestions.
Thanked by:

Here you guys go, a perfect example of how not to help someone, ever. Dick.

As for you, Pinta, I'd recommend reading this thread for some tutorials and other helpful advice.
[Image: 2003-02-20.gif]
Yeah, these definitely look like they were generated in a program rather than being actual spritejobs Sad

plus Dempsey's been around since World at War so idk if he would be considered a "Black Ops" sprite, anyway :F

so ANYHOO, my problem is that the sprites are too... cheerful for Dempsey's character. Or for the scenario he's in. I'd suggest trying to make a different sprite, preferrably something grittier, you know? These just seem a bit too cheerful and generic to qualify as some Call of Duty sprites in general Sad
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:
(05-31-2011, 08:55 PM)brandman1996 Wrote:

Idk, it's in the MODEL RESOURCE when we have a Sprite Discussion and Pixel Art section, for cc on sprites which is definitely need for this bs.

I care why? Don't use that as an excuse for your lack of knowledge and vast amounts of ignorance.

(05-31-2011, 08:45 PM)pinta77 Wrote: Second, could you, oh i dunno, give some reasons why they are shitty? Thats what im looking for.

You know, you would get much further in life if you learn how to read (aka reading model section not sprites for cc), stop being ignorant, and listen.

while you're right on most things, you're being unnecessarily harsh. I'll just drop this verbal warn here; continue it and measures will be taken.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Front & back are bigger than the sideview sprites. Rest has already been said.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
you have to work on the likeness more - editing gamemaker sprites won't get you very far.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
(06-01-2011, 01:16 AM)Cshad Wrote:

Here you guys go, a perfect example of how not to help someone, ever. Dick.

I did actually help him and your missing my point entirely just to call someone a dick. Maybe I was a little mean but it's definitely not helping pinta to just say, "Oh oh, I'm new uh so if I don't want to read I don't have to". I also pointed out the right section (which you cleverly didn't mention) so quit yer whining. And it was in th wrong section, why cc till it's been fixed?

(06-01-2011, 06:33 AM)Gors Wrote:
(05-31-2011, 08:55 PM)brandman1996 Wrote:

while you're right on most things, you're being unnecessarily harsh. I'll just drop this verbal warn here; continue it and measures will be taken.

Okay, but just received a warning from woppet. Oh well.

SEEEEEEGAAAAAAAA!

Thanked by: