Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
PokePark Rips Thread
Why not? It's always good to have rigged models, is it not?

Like my Brawl thread, I'll keep the OP updated with the icons and links. I may post the preview images in a second post below this one... just don't know the rules on double-posting that well here.

Anyway, here's my initial four rips:

[Image: MewIcon.png][Image: ShayminLandIcon.png][Image: ShayminSkyIcon.png][Image: DarkraiIcon.png]
[Image: CelebiIcon.png][Image: GroudonIcon.png][Image: JirachiIcon.png][Image: SuicuneIcon.png]
[Image: BlazikenIcon.png][Image: ElectabuzzIcon.png][Image: HitmonchanIcon.png][Image: LucarioIcon.png]

With more to come, obviously.

Preview images (even in the new format for convenience):

[Image: MewPreview.jpg][Image: DarkraiPreview.jpg]
[Image: ShayminLandPreview.jpg][Image: ShayminSkyPreview.jpg]
Thank you, These are great rips keep it up also think you could rip Groundon?
Thanked by:
Double posting for that is fine, but you may just want to use spoiler tags to hide them instead. But yeah, awesome stuff so far. I'd definitely love to see more.

Edit: Mew's DL link isn't working and it brings me to a login page. If you could fix that that'd be great.
Thanked by:
Is there a suicune model in this game? If so, can you rip it?
Thanked by:
(04-22-2011, 12:50 PM)AllenSword Wrote: Is there a suicune model in this game? If so, can you rip it?
Yes, there is. Here's the old post I put up on the SmashBoards that has a list of 'em all, in numerical order:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?...count=1358
Thanked by:
Shadowth: That's weird. I tested it just now and it worked here.

Try this page: http://www.esnips.com/doc/a0777b38-65f1-...6c6120/Mew

To the other replies: I'm thinking about my next rips, and I'll take those suggestions into consideration.
Thanked by:
So... more models up. Might be some that interest people watching the thread...

One neat thing is that in general, the models are higher-poly than their Brawl versions, and in a T-pose for the bipeds (note Celebi vs. the Brawl equivalent. All shots are from the initial, unanimated pose). If you intend to use pokémon where you need them posable as much as possible, it might be better to use these if polycount isn't an issue.

Icons in first post, previews here:

[Image: CelebiPreview.jpg][Image: GroudonPreview.jpg]
[Image: JirachiPreview.jpg][Image: SuicunePreview.jpg]
Thanks a lot!
Thanked by:
Wow, great job! Do you think Pichu will come any time soon (not a request, just a question)? Cute
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
i have a question, does Jirachi have a separate texture for his belly? like one that shows off his "true" eye?
Thanked by:
(04-25-2011, 11:38 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Wow, great job! Do you think Pichu will come any time soon (not a request, just a question)? Cute

Probably not. There's over 200 in the game, and right now, I've only got 8, and they're all legendaries (ones with the most interest). I'll see what ones might be more popular after those.

(04-25-2011, 12:34 PM)valforwing Wrote: i have a question, does Jirachi have a separate texture for his belly? like one that shows off his "true" eye?

Yes he does. It's JirachiEye3Dh.png. It has several states (from closed to open) in the texture, and the game moves the UVs or the testure itself to animate it in-game (same with the eyes and mouth on others, when the jaw isn't a bone).
Thanked by: valforwing, Garamonde
(04-25-2011, 05:18 PM)Tiberious Wrote: Yes he does. It's JirachiEye3Dh.png. It has several states (from closed to open) in the texture, and the game moves the UVs or the testure itself to animate it in-game (same with the eyes and mouth on others, when the jaw isn't a bone).

Hmm... I didn't know moving around UVs to control the facial expressions of video game characters is also used by professionals! I'm pretty much aware of this technique myself because I discovered it while playing with models.

Now that I know that the pros do it all the time, I feel more comfortable about using that feature more often.
Thanked by:
(04-26-2011, 07:19 AM)E-Man Wrote: Hmm... I didn't know moving around UVs to control the facial expressions of video game characters is also used by professionals! I'm pretty much aware of this technique myself because I discovered it while playing with models.

Now that I know that the pros do it all the time, I feel more comfortable about using that feature more often.

They certainly did that quite a bit with this game. Take a look at pretty much any texture named EyeDh or MouthDh in the zip files (click the icons in the first post). Of course, since the eyes are usually separate parts, this gives them control over each eye individually, so the model can wink, or give a "o.O" look, or whatever (despite being smoothed in the cleanup phase, I left the eyes its own material, so if you select by that, and then deselect the faces for the eye you want to change, you can see the effect; easiest in Blender, just move along X or Y axis with Ctrl held down).
Thanked by:
Good stuff as usual, the legendaries are always cool to see.

For some reason Mew's original DL works now and Celebi's doesn't work for me. I guess those servers just don't like me.
Thanked by:
as far as legendaries go have you found a mewtwo model? or is he not in this game?
Thanked by: