Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Custom Cutman Mugshots
Burger 
I made some custom mugshots of Cut Man, the robot master from Mega Man 1, the second greatest robot master ever. Ninja
[Image: cutmanmugshotsicon.png]
[Image: cutmanmugshots.png]
Let's see how you do against... KUNG-FU CUTMAN! YAH!!!!
Thanked by:
The circle tool, the line tool and the paint bucket.

thats all.

though i'll give you some credit for doing something custom, this is barely has anything remarkable or particulary impresive. you might as well keep working on something else since i doubt there's much left to do with this.
Thanked by: Gors, Marth, Iceman404
Use better shading.

Use anti-alising.

And uh...it looks bad. Just bad. Sorry dude.
I DID NAT HIT HER I DID NAAAAAAAAT.

Oh, hi Mark.
Thanked by:
(03-29-2011, 09:09 PM)KoopaEater Wrote: Use better shading.

Use anti-alising.

tl;dr use better everything.

Pixelart is a kind of art characterised by precise pixel placement, and no tools will make you reach such precision. Notice that the circles get rough on some places.

Also making mugshots that only change one facial feature is totally amateur-ish.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Iceman404
It's Cutman, yet the scissors on his head don't even budge. What
(03-29-2011, 09:47 PM)Gors Wrote:
(03-29-2011, 09:09 PM)KoopaEater Wrote: Use better shading.

Use anti-alising.

tl;dr use better everything.

Pixelart is a kind of art characterised by precise pixel placement, and no tools will make you reach such precision. Notice that the circles get rough on some places.

Also making mugshots that only change one facial feature is totally amateur-ish.
It doesn't just change one facial feature.
Thanked by:
Glad to see you're taking criticism on board.

Could we maybe have some kind of rule against just saying "fix the shading" or "this is wrong"? Saying "Hey this is wrong" without giving any pointers for how they might fix it isn't going to help anyone improve :/
It's only fractionally above just saying "This sucks" in terms of how useful it is, tbh.
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]
That's right. Sorry to say Gors but I'm afraid telling him to "use better everything" isn't really going to help him much...

[mod note: gors is never saying use better everything, ironically]

Superdimentiobros, like KoopaEater kind of said, try experimenting with more shading, and also more than one shade, but not go overboard. Also try smoothing out the mouth, so it isn't "flat-edged" and more curvy, and of course use anti-aliasing.

If you aren't sure what that is, this will help. I'd try working on simple animations as well like moving the scissors as well as the face and mouth (if that's what you're going for) when you've got a good design down so it won't look too static.

Don't give up, every first-timer starts out like this. Smile
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(03-30-2011, 09:40 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: That's right. Sorry to say Gors but I'm afraid telling him to "use better everything" isn't really going to help him much...

only, I did tell him not to use MS Paint tools because they are rough and not to edit one facial feature at a time and call it a day

anyway if you want more insight criticisms, use better colors with the right amount of ambiental shading, hue shift, contrast and understand how metals are shaded.

here's a 5 minute edit of what I'm talking about

[Image: JtrF0.png]

notice how the shading/highlight works, and the colors I chose.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
(03-30-2011, 07:03 AM)Tachikoma Wrote: Glad to see you're taking criticism on board.

Could we maybe have some kind of rule against just saying "fix the shading" or "this is wrong"? Saying "Hey this is wrong" without giving any pointers for how they might fix it isn't going to help anyone improve :/
It's only fractionally above just saying "This sucks" in terms of how useful it is, tbh.
how i didn't noticed this.

said rule exist. as late as this may be, koopa eater has earned a warn for it.
Thanked by:
You're hardly in a position to complain, though x:
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]
Thanked by: Alpha Six