Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help with Xbox Indie Game
Hey, I'm brand new to the development scene but I've already completed my first game project for the pc. I'm looking for someone to help me with some sprites for a space shooter. I should be able to get my account verified through dreamspark (I have had some issues with tangled emails, you know how microsoft can be), but I am a student at a four year university. You would be payed off of the royalties of the game. If you're interested, send me a pm.
Thanked by:
Could you post more info about the project?
Thanked by:
Alright, I've already written its framework, for it, because I made a space shooter for my first project so I'm experienced in that area of development. The kind of graphics I'd like to see would be sleek and cartoon-like, not pixelized. You'd have to make a few backgrounds too (well, actually more than a few but they can be very simple). Really, all I have to do is implement the graphics and change a few things. If you'd like a download, contact me. Remember, I can add a lot. Your cut would be based on the quality of the graphics, however I'd put it at about 40%.
Thanked by:
I meant more info on the game itself

like, how does it play, what's the story, what are the controls...
Thanked by:
Controls:
Left stick - move
Right stick - fire in the direction it's moved
A- fire in the direction the ship is pointing
B- fire to the right
Right trigger - fire missiles
RB/Y - Shield

it's a side-to-side scroller. Enemies will fly in a straight or curved path based on where the ship is, but they will fly in a definite path. Alternatively, bosses are an option. We can make up a plot as we go along, based on how the graphics look. I will let whoever makes the graphics also make up the story (if they want to). However, I'm thinking about making a sequel where you have to protect another ship (the mothership), and perhaps this game is about reaching it.
Thanked by:
I'd consider having more developed idea of the game before asking for spriters. We're not entirely sure as to what you want. Go into as much detail about the game itself. (ie enemies, story, characters, gameplay, etc)
Thanked by:
(03-01-2011, 12:46 PM)Zapchu25 Wrote: I'd consider having more developed idea of the game before asking for spriters. We're not entirely sure as to what you want. Go into as much detail about the game itself. (ie enemies, story, characters, gameplay, etc)

enemies:
Alright, I'll make a plot. The game will be single player.
In the Galaxy of Nunen, one pilot is left to save the mothership (comparable to the death star) and all her inhabitants. With his star ship, he must make his way through waves of enemies (about 40 of them). Along his way, he'll pass several other planets and far away galaxies (in the background). When he finally reaches the mothership, he'll have to protect it on the way back from where he came, the oasis galaxy Nunen.

Basically, I want whatever candidate I get to use his/her own style in creating these graphics. I do not want pixel sprites (sorry), because they are out of style, but I want the graphics to make the game. Remember, this is a paid position even though you will not receive your pay immediately. Popular games in the xbox indie market can gross over $1000, and I need a candidate who can bring me there. Kudos,

edit: Here are some good examples of how people have used their own style to make good game graphics:

JoyJoy
Score Rush
Decimation 3
Prismatic Solid
Distant Galaxies
Thanked by:
Sounds pretty interesting. Would there be power-ups available?
Thanked by:
Yes, I could include those. Smile
Thanked by: