Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
LSD: The Dream Emulator PC port
Okay, have any of you ever heard of/played Yumme Nikki?
I was reading about this one day, and saw a game that Yumme Nikki was supposedly based off of. This game is called LSVery Sad the Dream Emulator, and it's for PS1.
Pretty much all you do is run around this weird dream, and touching anything at all will make you warp to a new area. Everytime you enter an old area, it will have changed somehow and the idea is to fill up a graph of how your dreams were.

I plan on remaking this game for the PC, with the original textures and some updated sounds for walking and such. Since LSD seems to be based off of an FPS engine, I'll simply use an FPS engine for the game in GM8. The only thing I really need is some maps for the cottage area where you start the game, and other than that and someone who can translate Japanese faster than I can(I have to use a hirigana chart and Google Translate.

In roughly an hour and a half, I will upload three screenshots of the BETA cottage area that I've been working on. The only thing missing from one of the rooms is a fireplace object and the 3D Models of the lights.

Just tell me what you think of the rough idea for this and in, roughly, an hour and a half, I will post screens of the game engine being used.
Ahem. Now that I've gotten your attention, may I direct it towards these shiny links?
Betaman's Sarcasm Playtime Variety Hour

LunerPearl on deviantART

Betaman on YouTube
Thanked by:
it is not a smart move to simply throw out your game idea, and complete it with 'I'm going to post stuff in half an hour or so'.

why don't you finish doing your stuff first SO you can make the topic? I can't understand this :/
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
(02-25-2011, 09:22 PM)Gors٫ Gors٫ Gors٫ Gors Wrote: it is not a smart move to simply throw out your game idea, and complete it with 'I'm going to post stuff in half an hour or so'.

why don't you finish doing your stuff first SO you can make the topic? I can't understand this :/

I was at school at the time. when I'm at school, I generally don't tend to have GM or any of the texture files that I could use to make a basic mock up shot. (Especially with my school's shitty as hell firewall that blocks almost every site.)

And by the way, it won't let me upload the screenshots as an attachment. I'm not going to waste my time uploading them to Imageshack or Photobucket, so I'll just wait til the attachments work.
Ahem. Now that I've gotten your attention, may I direct it towards these shiny links?

LunerPearl on deviantART

Betaman on YouTube
Thanked by:
then... wait until you're home? :I

I'll be giving this one more day before closing because of lack of content.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
Meh, go ahead. I still cannot get the attachment system to work, I don't have enough time to deal with hosting sites and I'll be gone all day tomorrow. I'll just find another forum to post this on. Not trying to sound like a dick or anything, but I cannot get attachment system to work for me and I don't have anymore time before I have to go to bed.

LunerPearl on deviantART

Betaman on YouTube
Thanked by:
i believe the attachment system has a limit of 1mb for each user.

though, again, the restif the file hosting sites should cover your needs UNLESS for some reason your computer has scripts blocked wich may cause the problems.

see if you can email yourself the file, if not, we'll then you'd better use another compuetr. and more organization.
Thanked by: Gors