Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[IDEA][UNPAID TEAM] Project Team Seeking Help
Team name:
The Gamer Zone Group

Project name:
Gamer Zone RPG (Working Title)

Brief description:
A RPG somewhat like Kingdom Hearts only with Nintendo, Sega, Capcom, Bionicle, and Other companies characters and worlds.

Target aim:
Freeware since this is a Fangame.

Compensation:
Sadly I can't pay.

Technology:
Blender or compatible.

Talent needed:

Concept Artist

To help redesign characters and help design the worlds of the game.

Music Composers

Much of the music will just be Remixes but we do have a few worlds that need original music.

Programing

As said above the game will play a lot like Kingdom Hearts. It will have a few different things but combat wise its KH.

Modeling

Character Modelers: Many of the character models are going to come from The Modeler's Resource and will only need minor alterations for the Project. A few will need to be altered heavily as for the project they are going to be given alternate clothes. And we will also be having quite a few characters who will need to be made from scratch.

Environment Modelers: This will be almost entirely Scratch work with only a few of the game environments incorporating parts from existing models and that would be only buildings and objects like Bridges.

Weapons and Props.: For this it will be mostly Weapon models with a few objects such as necklaces and objects that are within buildings.

Team structure:

Project Leader
Me

Lead Artist
Ian-the-hedgehog

Artist
Solarathehedgehog
E-Man
ditto-chan
tacidus
6spiritking

World Designers
6spiritking

Head Write
Me

Co-Head Writers
phoenix-of-chaos
ultralucario64
E-Man
greyoutt
pt-piranha
luteus77

We are based here: http://gamerzone.deviantart.com/

Contacts:
[email protected]

Additional Info:
A bit of a preview for the story.
(This is the part of the intro. A 16-bit cloud can be seen floating by as these words accompanied by voice over play into the scene.)

Voice over: A wise man once said that there is so much to see, so far to travel, so much to learn and to know.

(The scene changes to a view of a cabin near a pond in the woods. The texture on the cabin is 16-bit even though it is three dimensional.)

Voice over: That friends by your side and hopes to hold on to are two of the most important things in life.

(The scene shifts to a view of a 16-bit bit sunset across the pond.)

Voice: I know there’s a lot to see and I plan to see it all with my friends. (As the scene and voice over fade.) Someday very soon.

(At this point we fade into the Intro movie.)

(Scene fades to a group shot of Joey, Mandy and Sean surrounded by leaves flowing in the wind around them.)

(We pan over them from Sean then to Mandy and finally Joey. The leaves suddenly start to vanish and turn into 1s and 0s. Joey looks as if he notices it. He looks back and forth startled. He looks to Sean who give him a confident look that fades to uncertainty as he too fades into 1s and 0s.)

(Joey now looks over to Mandy with a look of horror. Mandy gives him a forlorn look and she too fades into 1s and 0s.)

( Joey now standing on a dock that is floating high in a void looks around him as if searching for a answer. We zoom back in on Joey and a bright light makes him cover his eyes.)

( He looks toward the light and sees a swirling vortex with a silhouette of Mandy and Sean. Holding his hand out before him he runs into the tunnel as he runs through the tunnel every now and then a flash of a face from another world appears on the wall behind him.)

( He reaches the end of the tunnel and Plok and Socket greet him. Plok shakes his head and Socket shrugs. They all turn and face the sky as we see the villains all silhouetted against the moon Tabuu glows blue and Dark Matter glows red.)

( The Joey, Plok, and Socket are now fighting some Cataliest They are nearly out numbered but a flash of light and we see the other heros all standing nearby ready to help.)

(Joey looks to the sky with hope and we fade to Mandy standing near a tree looking towards the sky too and we fade in on Sean standing in a pool of ankle high water looking to the sky as well the water slowly becomes clouded and Dark Matter‘s eye can be seen above him.)

(The scene fades as the shape of the Gameus Obscureus zooms out into a field as the title forms around it.)

And some concept art.

Joey-The main hero
[Image: joey_concept_art_by_plokman626-d3992qf.jpg]

Mandy
[Image: mandy_concept_art_by_plokman626-d399384.jpg]

Socket-The Mecha Wizard
[Image: socket_concept_art_by_plokman626-d39948t.jpg]

Mario
[Image: mario_gamer_zone_style_by_plokman626-d38fty4.jpg]

Eggman
[Image: Eggman_Concept_art_Uncolored_by_Plokman626.jpg]

Arco The Time Bandit
[Image: Arco_the_Time_Bandit_CA_UC_by_Plokman626.jpg]

All above images by Ian The Hedgehog

Ardy Lightfoot
[Image: finished_desighn__ardy__by_chibikn1ght-d39nra3.png]

Kid Radd
[Image: kid_radd_by_chibikn1ght-d39wdqr.png]

Above images by chibikn1ght

Gameus Obscureus

[Image: gameus_obscureus_by_6spiritking-d38tfph.jpg]

Gameus Obscureus by 6spiritking

Music
Gamer Zone Music-Title Screen-Soliloquy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xmdaPp_6mo
The song was composed by Matthew Pablo here is his site: http://www.matthewpablo.com/electronic

Thanked by:
Don't get your hopes up on this. Most actual programmers despise the thought of working on fan games.

also, why is bionicle in with video characters? that doesn't even make sense fan-game wise...
[Image: IGBanner.png]
You know, even though this is a fan game, some of the concept art shows that it could be something completely original if you guys put thought into it.

That's all that I can really say. If I were you, I'd try to aim for that, your call though.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
(02-23-2011, 07:31 PM)Sweet Hot Vegas Wrote: You know, even though this is a fan game, some of the concept art shows that it could be something completely original if you guys put thought into it.

That's all that I can really say. If I were you, I'd try to aim for that, your call though.

I know I'm trying for something differnt. I plan on making it something more than just a KH knock off. There isn't even a Heatless in it. I don't want to post too much of the story as all RPGs need to have their story told through playing.

(02-23-2011, 06:11 PM)Kaikimi Wrote: Don't get your hopes up on this. Most actual programmers despise the thought of working on fan games.

also, why is bionicle in with video characters? that doesn't even make sense fan-game wise...

Don't I know it. But I've seen other less original ideas get some so I'm giving it a shot. By the way the Bionicle world is in there as I like the Bionicle and I thought it be cool to incorporate it. Not all the worlds in this game are based off game franchises. One is based off comics from Smack Jeeves.

Thanked by:
Just mishmashing a bunch of franchises you like together does not make a game.
Thanked by:
(02-23-2011, 08:36 PM)Kaikimi Wrote: Just mishmashing a bunch of franchises you like together does not make a game.

I'm not Mishmashing. I have a plan for it. This has a story and more. I say fighting games are mishmashes.
Thanked by:
(02-23-2011, 08:36 PM)Kaikimi Wrote: Just mishmashing a bunch of franchises you like together does not make a game.

I agree. Seems like some sort of unholy conglomeration.
Thanked by:
(02-23-2011, 09:04 PM)Zapchu25 Wrote:

I agree. Seems like some sort of unholy conglomeration.

Well it isn't. If it was then there would be worlds based off Nicktoons and such. The Bionicle is the only one I added on a whim.
Thanked by:
Well, video games aren't made on a whim.
Thanked by:
(02-23-2011, 09:57 PM)Kaikimi Wrote: Well, video games aren't made on a whim.

Did you even read what I said? The Bionicle is the only one I added as a whim. The rest of this has been in planing for a year now.
Thanked by:
(02-23-2011, 10:23 PM)Plokman Wrote:

Did you even read what I said? The Bionicle is the only one I added as a whim. The rest of this has been in planing for a year now.

It's just.. none of these series match. What do they all have in common that brings them together? Bionicle is Toy, Kid Radd is a sprite comic character, and mario... really? Mario? Why? What did he do to deserve this?
I'm sorry, I know I sound mean. But all we're suggesting is that you do some major downsizing/reevaluating so you don't create a chimerism of a game. Smile
Thanked by:
(02-23-2011, 10:46 PM)Zapchu25 Wrote:
(02-23-2011, 10:23 PM)Plokman Wrote:

It's just.. none of these series match. What do they all have in common that brings them together? Bionicle is Toy, Kid Radd is a sprite comic character, and mario... really? Mario? Why? What did he do to deserve this?
I'm sorry, I know I sound mean. But all we're suggesting is that you do some major downsizing/reevaluating so you don't create a chimerism of a game. Smile

Well I understand but if you don't know what the story is how can you say it's Chamerized? Trust me I know what you mean and I'm working very hard not to let it end up like that with the worlds and characters that are in it as of now. If it were just me writing it I wouldn't have so many worlds but with the people I'm working with.

Also Kid Radd is based around Virtual reality with video games. Bionicle had video games. and Mario is a must. He has done nothing wrong.
Thanked by:
Just to give you an idea of how much time/effort is put into a game, look at Kaikimi's Project Frostfire. Kaikimi is one of the best programmers here and his project's taken multiple years. And he's using sprites, which are a lot easier/less time-consuming to program than 3D. You're looking at maybe 4-5 years minimum if you're indie team is constantly active and really productive. A lot of people I've seen use Minecraft as an example of "good game made quick", but they forget that Markus had access to nearly identical code in XNA and the fact that Minecraft's gameplay is very open.

I'm not trying to bring you down, just trying to let you know that making a game takes not only a lot of planning, but a lot of constant work Smile
Thanked by: Codestar, ThePortalGuru, Gwen
I'd just like to say I really dig that Eggman design.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by: ThePortalGuru, DioShiba
(02-23-2011, 06:11 PM)Kaikimi Wrote: Don't get your hopes up on this. Most actual programmers despise the thought of working on fan games.

Most, but not all.
[Image: Bear2.png]
[Image: tumblr_ljk17tWfME1qd7kbno1_250.gif]
Thanked by: