Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
help ?
I don't know how to rip models from pokemon battle revolution or gale of darkness Embarassed
Thanked by:
The only way I know of is using 3D Ripper DX and Dolphin. I can help you a bit with this if you need me to, but I'm not going to hold your hand.

Unless there's some private converter floating around, the most you can do to convert the model directly is extract a model archive from that game to its native format. As I already said though I don't know of a converter for that format so there's not much I can help you with there.
Thanked by:
Neutral 
(02-15-2011, 06:23 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: The only way I know of is using 3D Ripper DX and Dolphin. JI can help you a bit with this if you need me to, but I'm not going to hold your hand.

Unless there's some private converter floating around, the most you can do to convert the model directly is extract a model archive from that game to its native format. As I already said though I don't know of a converter for that format so there's not much I can help you with there.

okay thank you for the help Big Grin
wait who is JI?
Thanked by:
Meant to say I, sorry for the typo.
Thanked by:
(02-15-2011, 06:54 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: Meant to say I, sorry for the typo.

I don't mind typos
I thought JI was a real person lol
I got a iso of the pbr game but when I burned it onto a disk the only file on the disk was ANOTHER pbr.iso so IDK what to do
Thanked by:
Can't help you much there. I'm not going to blatantly help you doing something that's probably illegal, but our good friend Google is always a good guy to consult about such things.
Thanked by:
(02-15-2011, 07:03 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: Can't help you much there. I'm not going to blatantly help you doing something that's probably illegal, but our good friend Google is always a good guy to consult about such things.
I allready had 3D ripper DX
and I just got dolphin but how do I rip the models with them ?
Thanked by:
You need to start 3D Ripper DX, switch the capture button to F10 while changing any other keys off of it, tell it to start Dolphin and launch it. Be sure you have "also dumjp to wavefront .obj" enabled as well if you don't have 3ds Max. Make sure you're using the DirectX9 plugin in Dolphin and its not the 64 bit version of the program. Now load up whatever game you want to rip from and get to the place you want to rip from. Press F10 about 3 times (F10 is pause on Dolphin so this can be slightly buggy) and you should have your rip.
Thanked by:
Just curious, not the right place to ask I know, but I'm an admin and I'm naughty - does 3D Ripper DX work on Windows 7 yet?
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
Sorry, I don't use Windows 7 so I wouldn't know. If I had to take a guess I'd have to say no since I've only ever seen someone mention that it wasn't working with Windows 7 whenever the subject has been brought up. You'd probably have to either use an Windows XP or Vista through a Virtual Machine, dual booting, or whatever to use it with a Windows 7 computer unless the author sudddenly decides to update it again. If he does update I can't imagine it would be too soon either unfortunately given the usual time span between his updates.

Edit: If you haven't tried version 1.8.1 of the program yet though than it might be something you could test. As I said I don't have the OS so I have no way of doing it.
Thanked by:
Just curious Tetofication, what models in particular were you planning on ripping, and have you ripped any models before?
Thanked by:
(02-15-2011, 08:40 PM)AllenSword Wrote: Just curious Tetofication, what models in particular were you planning on ripping, and have you ripped any models before?

I don't know I want to try to at least rip deoxys on my own. but no I've never ripped any models before except for project diva miku and she's in igb format.
Thanked by:
I tried to rip suicune from both colosseum and stadium, and I can say from experience that its not easy to texture them. My advice to you is to read zerox's tutorial on ripping n64 models so you can have an idea on the texturing process. Try ripping from stadium 2 and you'll see what I mean. If you want to see an example of this, I posted what I had of suicune on here somewhere. You can look at it. If you want, but let me know if you're gonna do any texture work on it.
Thanked by:
(02-15-2011, 09:42 PM)AllenSword Wrote: I tried to rip suicune from both colosseum and stadium, and I can say from experience that its not easy to texture them. My advice to you is to read zerox's tutorial on ripping n64 models so you can have an idea on the texturing process. Try ripping from stadium 2 and you'll see what I mean. If you want to see an example of this, I posted what I had of suicune on here somewhere. You can look at it. If you want, but let me know if you're gonna do any texture work on it.

I was trying to add some textures to a rip I downloaded of kaito from project diva dreamy theater but I am new with 3DS Max I've used metasequoia for a year but I've used 3DS max for about 2 months
so I don't know that much about anything but animating with a different program
could you link me to zerox's tutorial?
Thanked by:
Its in the model discussion section, you can't miss it.
Thanked by: