Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
TEXTURES: Sonic 06 Crisis City
Does anyone have the textures used in Sonic The Hedgehog's Crisis City stage?
Thanked by:
I have the original game archives for them and the models, but there's like 6 of them. I might look into extracting the textures tomorrow, but I'm tired tonight so I'm not gonna do it right now. Beware that I'd probably be uploading a rather large .rar file since the textures are huge.
Thanked by:
Yeah they are. I got just the specular maps when searching for them and they were like 2000x2000 or something like that.

Though I think the person who gave them to me enlarged them a bit.

I need the color maps though, not the speculars.
Thanked by:
The problem there is that the speculars are stored as the alpha maps of the diffuse maps in a lot of modern games. That in and of itself isn't a problem, but keeping them combined like that makes it hard to know how to use them unless you know what you're doing which is why I usually separate them. I can separate the alphas for you, but it'll take a lot longer than just handing you all the original .dds textures.
Thanked by:
That would be really nice if you could do that for me, thank you.
Thanked by:
Alright well I got them extracted, but while they're not all unique, there's roughly 45+ textures for each archive. There's 6 archives. I'm sure I can get it done within the week, but don't expect it to soon unless you don't care whether or not the alphas (specular maps) are separated out.
Thanked by:
Basically, I just need the color maps, or the textures. No speculars, alphas or whatever else. Basically, the problem was that what I got showed up as transparent when I used it, so I need something that's going to show up as the texture.

To be honest, they don't need to be separated so much as I just want it to show up non-transparent. The ones I got before showed up transparent based on how much black they have, so if they're together it makes no difference as long as the texture that comes out will show up as is and not transparent.
Thanked by:
Not trying to rush it, but just in case you forgot about this thread. I know I forget sometimes, my buddies are getting impatient and they take it out on ME.
Thanked by:
Nah, I've been working on it though admittedly I've procrastinated a bit. Basically, the reason its taking so long is because it takes about the same amount of time to get the diffuse by itself as it does to get both the specular and the diffuse. Because of that I figure I may as well convert everything anyway. Plus having the textures converted already significantly cuts down on the time I spend ripping the models of level, which I definitely intend to do. Its just a bit odd that this level has like 6 different archives while the others only have around 2. While there are repeats, there's enough different ones that it takes time to get everything.
Thanked by:
Just making sure it's not forgotten, the other members of the project are relying on me to get the materials -__-
Thanked by:
Sorry, take this for now: http://www.mediafire.com/?2b656ze8l5figlg
I'll try and get the other stuff done when I can, but it is time consuming and I do like to do other things. Besides, it was something I was going to rip at some point anyway and now that I've started its pretty high on my priority list. I give no guarantees on anything, but I'll try.
Thanked by: SomervellTheEchidna
Thank you, so much, really. It facilitates our project much!
Thanked by:
I suppose this can go to the completed section
Thanked by: