Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sonic Model Ripping Thread
I desiced to Make this Thread so People can Discuss About Sonic Related model Things, so that i and other dont have a bunch of things about models from sonic games floting about Big Grin,

So far i have been able to get Models from,

Sonic Heroes & Shadow the Hedgehog (*.ONE > *.PRS > *.DFF)
Sonic 2006 (360) (*.ARC > *.XNO) "Tools not Public, Sorry"
Sonic Colors (Brres)

Models I've been trying to Figure out are
Sonic R (PC) (*.Bin)
Sonic StoryBook's "Secret Rings and Black Knight" And "WiiLeashed" (*.GNO) "Tools Not Public"
Sonic Unleashed/Generations (360/PS3) (*.MODEL)
Sonic 4 (PS3 - *.CNO) And Free Riders (360 - *.ENO)
Sonic Rivals 1/2 (*.STR > *.?)

If anyone knows Or has any Tools that can help others with the ones i have already found out how to handle please Post links here and I'll add them to the first post , Thank you Cute
Thanked by:
According to what i have looked through with a Hex Editor in Sonic Rivals 2 all the Models, Textures (Along with Costumes Textures) and animations are with in the PSP_GAME\USRDIR\STREAMS\RACER_"NAME".STR File within the ISO

Then again i dont know what the EXT's are of the Files in it or How to Extract Them
Thanked by:
I recommend you ask TwilightZoney about the Unleashed models, I have Sonic Amy and Tails, but they're private so I won't be submitting them here.
TZ has also made a tool to rip .GNO and .ENO I think. Look him up on Youtube.
Thanked by:
Nah I'm not the one who made the .GNO ripper that was someone else who made that and gave me it. And .ENO for what I know is for Sonic 4 for Xbox360 and never checked FreeRiders. And Sonic 4 PS3 uses .CNO model files. I still find it tough looking through the data of the model. So I usually give up anyways.
Thanked by:
(02-12-2011, 02:32 AM)Twilightzoney Wrote: Nah I'm not the one who made the .GNO ripper that was someone else who made that and gave me it. And .ENO for what I know is for Sonic 4 for Xbox360 and never checked FreeRiders. And Sonic 4 PS3 uses .CNO model files. I still find it tough looking through the data of the model. So I usually give up anyways.

if you have .GNO ripper please upload it
Thanked by:
(02-21-2011, 02:55 PM)Modemo Wrote:
(02-12-2011, 02:32 AM)Twilightzoney Wrote: Nah I'm not the one who made the .GNO ripper that was someone else who made that and gave me it. And .ENO for what I know is for Sonic 4 for Xbox360 and never checked FreeRiders. And Sonic 4 PS3 uses .CNO model files. I still find it tough looking through the data of the model. So I usually give up anyways.

if you have .GNO ripper please upload it

You can't expect him to just do that. There's a lot of animosity towards people generally when they release a program they're not supposed to. I mean if the guy who passed it to TwilightZoney felt it was okay it would be fine, but generally that isn't the case. Its not like I wouldn't love to see it released either though to be perfectly honest.
Thanked by:
I'd not be Wise to have it posted Publicly More or less linked in PM's whould be smarter
Thanked by:
Well I don't feel comfortable to release something that isn't mine to give out. Best way to go about doing this is just either learning yourself. Or to stick with ripping via printscreen and such.

The fact that the guy I got it from hasn't been released publicly is probably why we are not going to see it happen. Plus he's not even finished with it yet.
Thanked by:
Out of curiosity Twilight, can you convert levels with that tool? I realize it may never even get released, but levels have never been terribly easy to get through print screen tools.
Thanked by:
Sonic Colors level shouldn't be too hard to get.
Thanked by:
(02-22-2011, 04:41 AM)Azu Wrote: Sonic Colors level shouldn't be too hard to get.

I had a feeling those would be relatively easy to do. I was thinking more about Secret Rings and Black Knight levels though when I said that. I never played Black Knight, but the Secret Rings levels were all pretty cool.
Thanked by:
If they're in Bress format, should be too hard. I managed to get the sky from the Game Simulator levels. Actually, let me take that bad, you can rip the level pieces, such as platforms, ad objects from the stage, but I'm not too sure about the level geometry.
Thanked by:
If it ever get public all i really want is Darkspine Excalibur Sonic and Galahad(Silver)
Thanked by:
i tried to sue DX3dRipper (On Dolphin) but everything in the result is Smashed and Incorrectly Textured How do i fix this?
Thanked by:
If you don't have 3DS Max, then you have to manually fix the scaling on 3D Ripper DX rips. As for texturing, in Dolphin that can occur when you do multiple rips at once since unlike regular games, emulator memory adresses get moved around a lot. This causes the Ripper to produce mistaken texture assignments. The best way to get around this is to do a single rip, save and move what you want out of the dump folders, and delete them so that when you do another rip there's little chance of it screwing up.

Beware that some games just have issues with 3D Ripper DX and come out with the wrong textures regardless.
Thanked by: